The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Marvel versus Capcom 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
http://shoryuken.com/content/marvel-vs-c...ures-3628/

here comes capcom's money milking conquest with their DLC (disc locked content)
LOL! Here we go Capcom! CHA CHING! I don't mind since I can buy them easily but the whole concept is =/, getting paid in $ helps out a lot.

Edit:
After playing a few hours.......it's WORTH IT!!!

MvsC2 is still my most played game on my ps3. But that will change as I'm not going back to it, maybe for nostalgia but I love 3 and there is a lot of depth to it. Lots of "CHEAP" combos and maybe lacking features when compared to SSF4 but that will all change as capcom will support it with DLC (-_________-). I like the game enough that I will toss money at the hungry corporate dinosaur Capcom.

So far the game is filled with noobs. I have 37 win streak and most of the fights were against Buttan mashing nooblets. There is ranking system ala Tekken style instead of divisions like SF4. I like seeing Sentinel on the loading screen only to find out that they try to use cheap tactics but fail at it.

Expect alot of Dante, Sentinel, Zero.....top tiers but so funny to see them being used by noobs and getting owned by Joe. =D
HENSHIN A GOGO BABY!!~!~~!~!~!

CAPCOM

Mega Man X - 1000+ (Too many mispellings of his name)
Strider Hiryu - 992 (19 of these could be Hien votes)
Phoenix Wright - 838
Frank West - 634
Gene - 628
Captain Commando - 360
Vergil - 358
Mega Man Classic - 317
M. Bison - 305
Bass.EXE - 298
Jin Saotome - 298
Jon Talbain - 290
Juri - 183
Sigma - 175
Cammy - 167
Ken - 148
Leon Kennedy - 148
Chuck Greene - 141
Batsu - 137
Date Masamune - 132
Jedah - 132
Ryu (BoF) - 130
B.B. Hood - 110
Guile - 109
Roll - 96
Dr. Wily - 90
Tessa - 86
Red Arremer - 74
Regina - 70
Sakura - 68
Proto Man - 65
Demitri - 55
Lord Raptor - 55
Nemesis - 54
Lady - 52
Alex - 51
Donovan - 47
Vile - 45
Nina - 44
Fou Lu - 41
Vega - 36
Ingrid - 33
Franziska von Karma - 32
Rouge - 30
Miles Edgeworth - 28
Ada Wong - 27
Cody - 26
Urien - 26
Rei - 25
Sheva - 23
Anakaris - 21
Gill - 21
Strider Hien - 19
Tyrant - 19
Zangief - 19
Axl - 18
Seth - 18
Sasquatch - 17
Lilith - 16
Q-Bee - 16
Dudley - 15
Garr - 15
Barry Burton - 14
Gouken - 14
Bishamon - 12
Hakan - 13
Evil Ryu - 9
Jojo - 7
Mr. X - 7
Rikuo - 7
Rebecca Chambers - 6
Hauzer - 5
Cutman - 3
Pure and Fur - 3
Scias - 3
Cyber Akuma - 2
Deis - 2
Licker - 2
Mei-Ling - 1

MARVEL

Venom - 815
Gambit - 692
Ghost Rider - 457
Cyclops - 430
Psylocke - 427
Green Goblin - 364
Ms. Marvel - 362
Carnage - 342
Dr. Strange - 339
Nightcrawler - 243
Iron Fist - 230
Juggernaut - 211
Daredevil - 195
Cable - 189
Rogue - 184
Silver Surfer - 180
Blade - 156
Black Panther - 152
Emma Frost - 150
Thanos - 144
Squirrel Girl - 112
Dr. Octopus - 106
Black Cat - 97
Howard the Duck - 97
Moon Knight - 97
Elektra - 82
Ice-Man - 77
Songbird - 74
Hawkeye - 67
Nico Minoru - 67
Blackheart - 66
Apocalypse - 61
Sentry - 56
Bishop - 53
War Machine - 52
Namor - 48
Spider-Woman - 48
Luke Cage - 45
Jubilee - 43
Omega Red - 43
Colossus - 40
Scarlet Witch - 40
Nick Fury - 35
Beast - 39
Ultron - 34
Mysterio - 30
Archangel - 29
Professor X - 29
Mr. Sinister - 27
Spiral - 27
Mystique - 26
Sandman - 24
Black Widow - 23
Bullseye - 22
Havok - 19
Silver Samurai - 19
Sabretooth - 17
Hercules - 14
J. Jonah Jameson - 14
Onslaught - 14
Kingpin - 13
Multiple Man - 13
Marrow - 12
Lizard - 10
Hobgoblin - 11
Captain Britain - 9
Penance - 9
Moonstone - 8
Lady Deathstrike - 7
Silver Sable - 5
Electro - 4
Kang the Conquerer - 4
Kraven the Hunter - 4
Omega Sentinel 4
Fin Fang Foom - 3
Annihilus - 2
Aunt May - 2

voting for the characters on demand for MVC3 DLC
LOL gene. =D
I guess I'll be getting Megaman X lol!!!!! He is so in demand, funny i even heard people talking about his absence when I picked up the game. I'm looking forward to smashing megaman with CHAOS DIMENSION!!!!

I'm looking forward to Shuma. WASTE OF FLESH!!!!!!!~!!~~!~!

damn it capcom, you should've remixed this theme instead.

I loled at people who post:

"who the hell is Gene? why put him there? whats with all of the Gene votes"

well............................

WHO THE FUCK IS DORMAMMU????

ill get the game if they have:

GENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strider Hiryu
Jin Saotome
Vergil
Lilith (seperate from Moriggan}
Gambit

especially if they are GOD TIER

Dormammu is one of the demons that Dr. Strange invokes. edit: Or used to, anyway. He's his nemesis now. Tongue
SRK has a pretty good guide on the game's basics, as well as video guides for every character in game atm. It's worth checking out.
yea, srk forums helped out alot. So far population is still noobfest, i understand since it's the 1st day for alot of people.
It's fun smashing them with HULK and JOE combos. Also kick in DORMAMMU'S SPECIAL. Sentinel getting killed as assist with gamma crush is hilarious. also seeing *has left the session*.

Currently practicing Taskmaster as a replacement for Dormammu. I'd rather keep Joe, He is HENSHIN A GOGO DELICIOUS for his aircombos and BLAZEBLUE like AIR DASH DROP INTO OVERHEAD then his MACH SPEED atatatatatatatta special or his "slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww".....then snap back opponent and set up combo to slow incoming enemy. Proceed slowing down the whole team for lulz.

I could see why Capcom changed the controls to TvC type. They wanted to gain more JP players. The controls are a bit similar to Blazblue in terms of 3 punches/attacks and then 1 special button. A bit of SSFIV mixed in with command normals like (<+O) or (>+O).

Can't spam assist as much as 2 because of the potential quick death to them with specials + X factor.
The "TOURNAMENT OH SO SERIOUS Omg pride & ego at stake level of play" will be interesting to see in the coming months, i'm sure the game will be broken as hell lol!!!

there should be a anti-leaver system

leavers will be paired up against leavers and the match announcer will start the match yelling

"who will disconnect first!!!!................ FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!" or something like that

http://www.hadoken.net/?p=2528
Or when they leave THE announcer says "YOU QUIT!" on their screen with pause and loading screen for 4 seconds with sad face on the screen. =(
then on your screen a nice win quote for each character. they should be creative. "HULK SMASHED HIM OUT OF THE GAME@!!!!"

there's a "ragequit hell" set up in the game. People who quit alot will get DC stats accumulated then paired up with leavers as well. I'm making another PSN account and I will use that account and have DANTE with other teamates I have yet to think of. It'll be my DANTE MUST DIE mode. I'll play that account and quit on every match even if I'm winning, that way i'll descend into the hell of ragequit. It'll be fun finding ways to break morale to cause QUIT especially with DANTE's Flashy MOVESET. "Xfactored Devil Triggered Dante". =)

~~~~~
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Main_Page

This youtube channel is nice to get yourself familiarized with the basics of each character. It's nice to see them in video as opposed to just text and input commands.

it seems like Dante is the super scrub character

this game is gonna be the fighting game of the decade
You should see high level dante plays lol.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/levelupliv...um=3295598

Highlights of that stream:

Wolverine BEAST rushdown
HAGGAR's Pipe *YOU MUST RESPECT IT* He is MAYOR OF EARTH!
X23 rushdown
Morigan RUSHDOWN with her shadow special
Tron combos! Servbot LUNCH TIME
Sentinel X factor! (-_____-)

Justin Wong won with Wolverine, Storm, Akuma. He was against Sentinel, Wesker, Haggar.
I seem to be liking Dormammu, though I won't be able to play the game yet. I like his theme too!
Just bought the game a while back, together with continum shift(fighting game frenzy!), weird thing is that sales lady at datablitz told me that MVC3 cant be played in PS3 fats(apparently ps3 fat'l eject your dvd) cuz of the stelar (graphical)awesomeness of the game(I kid you not, that's what she said). I was like "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!?, WHERE DOES THIS KINDA SHIT COME FROM ANYWAY", I ended up still buying the game, and surely enough the game worked.

After some 15 mins of play time with Dante, I'm totaly mindfucked at how complicated he is to play.. I'll proly spend more time before I go online with this.. Damn.. This'l suck the life out of me..
Hahah Dante has too many moves.

If I bother to play, I'll pick Ryu, and two other characters with the shortest move lists. =P
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10