Current time: 05-23-2024, 06:54 PM
What did you learn today?
(07-07-2011, 09:05 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: an octopus does not feel where it's limbs are relative to its body. as such it cannot determine the shape or size of objects it has in its clutches.

That's pretty cool.
(07-07-2011, 03:31 PM)Grim Wrote:
(07-07-2011, 09:05 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote: an octopus does not feel where it's limbs are relative to its body. as such it cannot determine the shape or size of objects it has in its clutches.

That's pretty cool.

Kaya pala para silang gulaman kung gumalaw.
'Signatures are overrated.'
learned this a few days ago but forgot to post it. it seems i was slated for the team leader spot. our whole team, and the two previous leads recommended me for the position. however, our [fucking asshole of a] asst. operations manager does not like me so the other guy (recently transferred from the nightshift team at the time of the decision) was given the team leader spot.

palo china wood usually comes in small planks. in order to use them for large furniture, carpenters have to actually glue them together first.

palo china wood is cheap, but it is chemically treated so it is less prone to termites and similar pests.

particle boards may be cheaper and look like expensive wood, but its very fragile and will warp and bend when exposed to water/moisture.

solid narra sounds differently than plywood/plyboard covered with narra-ply. be careful of shops that pass off furniture as made of narra, when in fact its just cheap wood with narra-ply put on the outside.

teh-neo's application form only asks for 1 course...
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
how to finish the rest of Alisa's 10 hit combo.

a few punish moves using Alisa when against Jin.
My wisdom teeth are here!! (They're still growing)

Apparently - it's possible to have wisdom teeth w/o the impending pain that comes with teething. >_>
Today I learned what "pajero" actually means.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pajero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Pajero

This has been confirmed by a Spanish-speaking friend. This is partly the reason why Mitsubishi renamed this SUV line to Montero instead.
Ouch. No wonder sales of that line kinda tapered off a few years ago. LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Favor for my shobski.

http://kuro-akira.livejournal.com/88463.html

http://www.change.org/petitions/manila-z...oo-animals
That I'm really left handed, as even though I write with my right hand, not completely sure, but I tend to do most of my actions/activities unconsciously with my left(my mom also told me that when I was younger, she had us write with our right).
that the yellow paint on escalators sort of glow in the dark, or at least are reflective.

That liquid oxygen is blue.
XD i like this line

lets just say i enrolled myself in a online short course roughly 1yr ago, the thing part of the typical course lessons and such the package includes from time to time webinars and free tutorials

one of the free webinars is entitled "'Wow' your way into your VFX job by Garreth Gaydon "

just watched it yesterday

the speaker pointed out if applying for a entry level vfx artist position its not a generally a good idea to attempt massive shots/vfx where buildings fall, ships or such since those kind of shots require a whole team and a lot of effort to pull off usually

so speaker quoted its best to keep you work simple by saying

"the best cg shots are the ones when the viewer ask...wheres the cg in the shot i don't see it?"
there is such a thing as nipple/boob tape. its for dresses where a girl can wear without a bra, but dont want to show their nipples.

there is also a bra that has no straps but has a natural adhesive lining on the inside that will make it stick to the lady's chest.

it is particularly embarrassing (but largely entertaining for others) to be taught these things and more by a female co-worker in the middle of a cafeteria.

(07-18-2011, 05:08 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: there is such a thing as nipple/boob tape. its for dresses where a girl can wear without a bra, but dont want to show their nipples.

there is also a bra that has no straps but has a natural adhesive lining on the inside that will make it stick to the lady's chest.

it is particularly embarrassing (but largely entertaining for others) to be taught these things and more by a female co-worker in the middle of a cafeteria.

I'm surprised you didn't know these things Ohmy