Current time: 05-15-2024, 01:45 AM
Epic Rants
(02-16-2010, 12:21 PM)NiX Wrote:
(02-16-2010, 12:13 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: Tang ina may Women's rights, Ghey rights, animal rights, bakit ang men's rights parang binabaliwala.

Tagal ko nang iniisip yan. Seriously, it's bullshit.

Simple example: The LRT. There are carriages exclusive for women but none exclusive for men. WTF? If you're gonna advocate "equal rights", be fucking consistent about it.
It's the MRT, actually. But yeah, I do agree it's bullshit. That's exactly why I prefer riding the bus rather than the MRT whenever I go to Makati. <_<
Well, from Fox's experience, he was groped sa train eh. Regardless of gender [groper-and-gropee] ang panghihipo ay panghihpo, kahit saang coach ka pa, may dadama at dadama sa iyo. Sa women's coach, maluwag kaya hindi magagawa ng mga Yuri dun yun. Pero may reports din na may nangyayaring ganun sa women's coach.

Practice you right! Give them a straight to the face!
'Signatures are overrated.'
Another annoying example...

I have a female friend who... shall we say... used to really get around. There was a time she had 3 bfs at once. One of those went to me and poured his heart out. I found the whole thing upsetting, so I confronted the girl/my friend and gave her a piece of my mind. When her best friend (who I hold/held a torch for) found out, she got mad at me for taking the guy's side.

...Is that fair? Lol.
It depends. We can't really say because we don't know the whole story.
It's still a good example of the double standards that exist. Generally, this is how the picture goes:

A guy does something wrong: He's an asshole.
A girl does something wrong: She must've had a reason why she did it.

Clearly, people usually extend more understanding if it's a girl at fault. Anyone else notice this? Sometimes it works the other way around, but the fact is that double standards define our society today. @_@
Quote:A guy does something wrong: He's an asshole.

[Image: manlyasshole-11feb07.jpg]
(02-18-2010, 08:05 PM)Evil Panda Wrote: It's still a good example of the double standards that exist. Generally, this is how the picture goes:

Clearly, people usually extend more understanding if it's a girl at fault. Anyone else notice this? Sometimes it works the other way around, but the fact is that double standards define our society today. @_@

Yup, I'll say the is generally true here in the Philippines.
(02-18-2010, 08:05 PM)Evil Panda Wrote: It's still a good example of the double standards that exist. Generally, this is how the picture goes:

it doesn't mean we have to fall into the same mindset. I've already had a couple of occasions where I did tell a lady passenger that they had more room at the front car.

She told me that she didn't want to talk all the way up to the front. I told her point-blank that her laziness was preventing more unfortunate sods from getting to work on time. She pretended not to hear me.

Stupid cow.

Sometimes, I think pinoys have to learn to be painfully blunt to get their point across, considering how dense we can be.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Quote:Stupid cow.

Sa tagalog: Bobong Baka
Most people will find that redundant but true.

Anyways. I remember the time that back then, just using a female avatar in online games will give you lots of attention.

- guys who think you're a girl will ask for you ASL and/or give you free items and/or go and help you with quests.

- guys who think you're a dude/dud will shower you with insults and rudeness.