Current time: 04-30-2024, 08:50 PM
The Dark Knight
I have to ask:

Why. so. serious...? (:

Sforza Wrote:Read the comics and you'll probably agree with me, that this isn't anything new. That's all I've been trying to say.

Nope it's not anything new, but its better than anything that's ever been done for the franchise in the movies and it has been commended as such. It's also in itself a tribute to the many fans of the series who ought to recognize the subtle nods here and there. It's a great movie; everybody should be able to agree on that much.
theGrim Wrote:
Sforza Wrote:In storylines during post Crisis on Infinite Earths, Joker's generally always posed a problem for Batman because they're supposed to be mirror images of each other and the writers have been consistent at it, as recently as the Hush series and even Justice. Read the comics and you'll probably agree with me, that this isn't anything new. That's all I've been trying to say.

Noted.

What amazes me most about this Joker was that it was scrappy, dirty, unwashed and unkempt. It's like the dark deformed shadow of the Joker of the comics. It's literally unlike any Joker I've seen before, appearance-wise.

Credit goes to the makeup artists. I remember reading that they intentionally went for the gritty feel since they felt it would best mirror the Joker's inner pysche. He's a mess basically, both inside and out.

To quote one of the crew "You can almost imagine what he smells like." Fear

Creepy though - all the subtle nuances (such as tonguge clicking ans stutters) of the movie's Joker makes his insanity disturbingly realistic.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Let's hang out at Jake's house and dig up his mounds of comic books.
NiX Wrote:Let's hang out at Jake's house and dig up his mounds of comic books.

Jake, can I borrow Hush? I want to hold a real paper copy. Tongue
theGrim Wrote:Jake, can I borrow Hush? I want to hold a real paper copy. Tongue

It got stolen by an akyat bahay gang in Canada. Really.
They took all three copies of the final issue, too. I haven't been able to get them back since they were limited editions.

The recent storyline is pretty good, too. Supposedly by the end of current arc, Bruce Wayne won't be Batman anymore.

AppleHead Wrote:I have to ask:

Why. so. serious...? (:

When other people say it? It's fine.
When you say it? I'm a bit creeped out.
Jake, those thieves have good taste.

Okay so let's talk about what the future holds for this take on Batman.

Who do you think will be the next villains?

Begins had Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul. TDK had Joker and Two-Face.

Who else in Batman's rogue gallery has the potential to be "real"?

Riddler, Catwoman, Bane?

Bane, without the venom drug, has potential.
NiX Wrote:Jake, those thieves have good taste.

Okay so let's talk about what the future holds for this take on Batman.

Who do you think will be the next villains?

Begins had Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul. TDK had Joker and Two-Face.

Who else in Batman's rogue gallery has the potential to be "real"?

Riddler, Catwoman, Bane?

Bane, without the venom drug, has potential.

I spoke with Cugami about this yesterday since she actually knows more canon information than me and we're both dorks.

We agreed that No Man's Land would be nice but it would be difficult to pull off. I would love to see Cassandra Cain's Batgirl in the movies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man%27s_...8comics%29

I thought Knightfall (Bane story) would be nice. Batman's back is broken, he needs to relearn everything. Someone else becomes Batman for a while and gets corrupted, etc. Cugami thought it was too angsty.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Knightfall

Or, an alternate storyline where a lot of minor villains like Puppetmaster, Killer Croc, the Secret Six members, maybe even a crossover Lex Luthor.

We were also arguing whether Two-Face was dead or not. Cugami said no because there was no corpse. I said yes.
NiX Wrote:Bane, without the venom drug, has potential.

I thought of Bane too. But really, I'm not counting on another Bat film. If they do make one, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Low expectations = happy person. Haha.

Sforza Wrote:We were also arguing whether Two-Face was dead or not. Cugami said no because there was no corpse. I said yes.

My girlfriend thought of this too. She said they could've put him in Arkham. Girls catch all the details.
theGrim Wrote:But really, I'm not counting on another Bat film.

I think this is what you'd call
theGrim Wrote:(those have reached "unrepeatable" status)
They'll definitely make one more because movies like this one come in threes... and because the producers know they can still milk the franchise for more money.

I don't really want to see Two-Face in a 3rd movie. What else does he have left to do?

The recent "detective" version of the riddler seems to have potential too.
Black Mask might work for the next villain.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
I only have one thing to say about the movie...

"pencil trick"

that is all.
ಠ_ಠ
I came across these two promotional sites for the film while doing a post on it. Really nice stuff.

http://www.ibelieveinharveydent.com/

http://www.friendsofharveydent.org/
Mix, weren't these sites up way before the film came out? Tongue But yeah, really awesome marketing right there.
NiX Wrote:Mix, weren't these sites up way before the film came out?

I don't know if they were, but they should have. And yes, it's awesome.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Knight Rises(2012) J.E_Magog 5 6,452 07-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog