Current time: 04-27-2024, 12:30 AM
Poll: Interested?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'll join if I'm available on the agreed date.
66.67%
10 66.67%
I'll just watch.
33.33%
5 33.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

T.O.T.A.L. Tournament
2-on-2 Action League
Since RR's interest in Armored Core has recently been quite high, and since the RR anniversary isn't too far off, I thought now might be a good time to try this again (after the previous thread went to hell).

Please suggest possible dates and venues for this event. And please don't hesitate to comment if you have any issues with the rules. And post if you're even interested in joining.

Event: Two-on-Two Action League Tournament

Venue: -

Date: -

Game: Armored Core: Last Raven

Format: Two on Two

Partner Selection and Pre-Tournament Rules:
  • Randomized partner selection
  • *PACT 5 placers and previous PACT champions cannot be paired. They will be seeded into the brackets
  • After all pairings have been determined, one hour will be allotted for AC preparation/modification and strategizing
  • During this one hour, each pair gets a maximum of 15 minutes on a PS2 for AC designing/modification. ACs are then declared and checked by an assigned marshal

Tournament-proper Rules:
  • Best of 3 for all pre-final matches
  • Best of 5 for the finals
  • 5-minute time limit
  • No ECM pods
  • No CR-WH79H3 Handguns
  • No WB27O-HARPY2 Orbit Cannon
  • No CR-B83TP Boosters
  • No WB31B-PEGASUS Boosters
  • No CR-E92RM3 Missile Extensions
  • No C01-GAEA
  • No CR-C89E
  • No CR-C98E2
  • No CR-WH01HP Hand Gun in hangers
  • No YWH14PU-ROC4 Pulse Rifle in hangers
  • No WR12PU-ROC2 Pulse Rifle in hangers
  • No weapons in CR-C83UA hangers except for blades/shields - Does not apply to tanks and hovers
  • No A09-LEMUR2 - Does not apply to tanks and hovers
  • No YA10-LORIS - Does not apply to tanks and hovers
  • No weapons with lock-ons for the left arm slot (and left hanger slot)

Map Order: (chosen based on least lag for 4 players)
  • 1st Round: Military District
  • 2nd Round: Born City
  • 3rd Round: Cyberspace
  • 4th Round: Military District
  • 5th Round: Born City

Brackets:
  • Will be based on formats in http://tournamentdesign.org
  • Triple elimination format if 5 pairs participate
  • Double elimination format if 6, 7, or 8 pairs participate

*Seeded Players:
  • NiX
  • Goat
  • Maitreya
  • Jin
  • arch_angel
  • atdsutm
  • Lord Leperman
  • EtherMaster_X102A
Rules for this are pretty fun so far. Matches last pretty long, and lots of potential tactics and strategies are possible. Let's push this through for the next meet.
Let's discuss the bans a bit.

Is everyone ok with allowing LEMUR2 and LORIS on tanks and hovers?
It's fine with me. Tanks don't have much mobility, giving them a little more defense will compensate for that weakness. As for the hovers, they're quick, but they lack the defense to actually survive since the legs break to quickly because they're in an AC's line of fire.

IMO, They won't give tanks and hovers an edge over other builds, but will help make up for the weakneses they have that made them complete underdogs against more standard setups.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Making a tank heavier isn't the answer to making it more competitive. Luckily Loris isn't too heavy. You'll still probably see competitive tanks running XS and FL arms though.
(06-13-2011, 09:14 AM)your mom Wrote: Making a tank heavier isn't the answer to making it more competitive. Luckily Loris isn't too heavy. You'll still probably see competitive tanks running XS and FL arms though.

Lemur2 isn't heavy. It's lighter than the tougher Lemur. Actually, it's tougher than it's supposed to be in relation to it's weight.
Well that's because Lemur is a heavyweight arm. Lemur2 is a midweight arm.
(06-13-2011, 10:32 AM)your mom Wrote: Well that's because Lemur is a heavyweight arm. Lemur2 is a midweight arm.

I consider Lemur more of a borderline heavy, but yeah. I guess it is.
Well anyways, at least Lemur2's out of the hard ban list now.
The rule doesn't suggest that all tanks and hovers use either LEMUR2 or LORIS. The idea was just to have the option available to them. But if the rule can be abused in any way, then we can just as quickly ban these arms again (which is why I'm asking for opinions).
I think it's a nice rule.
Poll added. Vote please!
Smile Does any of you plan on using a hover?
I wasn't planning on it. I'm thinking light tank. But hopefully someone will go with something like an EYE3-UA-LEMUR2-LN85 hover. Somebody do it!
i guess having lemur2 on tanks and hover will just be fine, since the format is a 2 on 2 match... but i'm worried since the rules now apply on having the left arm will just equip blades and shields, so offensive power will decrease (and spamming multiple weapons will be nerfed...hehehe...), making tanks defense will suffice more (in my opinion)

maybe someone will just to test if it can be allowed Roll eyes

but i'm totally like the left arm rule having only blades/shield LOL ala AC1/AC2 feel Jason

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
(06-13-2011, 03:11 PM)NiX Wrote: I wasn't planning on it. I'm thinking light tank. But hopefully someone will go with something like an EYE3-UA-LEMUR2-LN85 hover. Somebody do it!

ill will use the Standard EYE3-UA-LEMUR2-DINGO2 pro setup

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  K.O.B. tournament (king of blades) AEA1 56 68,038 04-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Last Post: clonezero
  Philippine Armored Core Tournament I Grim 131 128,376 01-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Serene
  Tournament attendance Lord_Leperman 13 15,584 11-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Grim