Current time: 03-29-2024, 11:33 PM
Front Mission Evolved
Lord_Leperman Wrote:<center>[Image: 4a202dc51cc48_featured_without_text_1210...decfe8.jpg]</center>

SquareEnix has just released another short trailer for the upcoming mech simulation/shooter Front Mission Evolved, which seems to be shaping up nicely. Despite no announcement of a release date, the trailers boldly show a simultaneous world-wide release of the title, the latest of which comes from the Tokyo Game Show 2009.

Incidentally, the Front Mission Evolved official website has received some updates in their character section, introducing 3 new characters who will be appearing in the game.

I am personally looking forward to this title at launch, and I sincerely hope they do get things right. News about AC seems to have dried up for the moment. And given that there are only a few mech-simulation games in the market, having another one besides AC can only be a good thing.

What do you think about this upcoming game, guys?

JE says that it's alienated a lot of the purist fans, I suppose just like how AC4/FA alienated the AC purists. But in their case, their game switched genres, whereas ours had the same name, but was a different game. -_-

Do you think that there'll be a mass exodus of disgruntled AC players migrating to this game instead?

I'm not even that sure yet how the gameplay works. Tongue

Discuss, folks.
It might end up just like how Gundam UC fans alienated SEED due to some of the CE retards who kept on saying "kira pwns amuro". <--- Talking about Armored Core, not Front Mission. (EDIT)

I can already tell how the game works. Closest games I know that seem to work similarly to this and FMO are Gale Gunner (PSX) and Vulcanus (PSP).

You can fly for a short time (much like jump jets) and dash around doing 180-turns in Gale Gunner. It was very difficult to master (the controls do get inverted iirc every time you do a 180-turn/your mech is backpedaling), but it's really rewarding when you get used to it (imagine the moves you can do with it!).

Vulcanus; That ripoff Korean game also has its share of similarities with FMO and Evolved's gameplay, minus the very limited energy gauge span and no jump jets. This and FMO+Evolved work in a very similar way, but Vulcanus concentrated more on walking and taking cover than dashing and out-turning opponents
I'm excited to see how it'd turn out. I'm one of the few people who actually liked what FMO was trying to do for the series (dunno if Bert shares the same sentiments).
(09-16-2009, 01:14 PM)Grim Wrote: I'm excited to see how it'd turn out. I'm one of the few people who actually liked what FMO was trying to do for the series (dunno if Bert shares the same sentiments).

Actually, years ago I was also hoping I'd see an action-based Front Mission game! I'm generally a fan of these not-so-futuristic, fast-paced mechs.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-09...sion/56544
Quote:This game ain't an RPG anymore this game fails so baaad....

More screens
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1227809_1124.html
Oh man! Yeah that looks pretty good Happy

Nevermind the alienated FM players. Alienated AC players will be taking their place!

Quote:I think this looks great. It looks to play like the PSX/PS2 era Armored Cores filling the void after AC decided to go off in the over-the-top flying robot ninja direction. I much prefer the more methodical fighting system of the older AC games.

Hope this comes out here, its looking good.

-Some guy's comment. Which got rated super negatively hahaha.

Why can't those FM people understand that THIS IS A SPINOFF. It doesn't spell the end for SRPG FMs. -_- It's kinda like how FF7 went into the action and even fighting genres. Actually, no. It's EXACTLY like that.

Unlike us, who got AC4/FA, which WEREN'T SPINOFFS but were still totally different from the originals.
I'm wondering if there's any difference between fighting on-foot and 0n-mech since the hud looks similar.

Minsan nangangarap ako na ganyan ka detalyado yung mga missions sa armored core, pero malabong mangyari yun.
(09-26-2009, 08:21 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: I'm wondering if there's any difference between fighting on-foot and 0n-mech since the hud looks similar.

Minsan nangangarap ako na ganyan ka detalyado yung mga missions sa armored core, pero malabong mangyari yun.

give From more money, ideas and time...and advice them to totally re-create (or should I say improve it to the limit, not changing it) the old AC games (parts, envvironments, physics, etc.) and have it on the PS3 LOL

if that happens, AC will be far more brilliant than this Domo Jason

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
Perhaps it plays like Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions. At least it has been confirmed you can run around on foot, but getting ROFUp'd while on foot is not an amusing prospect IMO lol
[Image: nines.jpg]
BODY SMASH/ANY SMASH while on foot

SALVO'ED while on foot

shld atk 3'ed while on foot.

ouch.
(10-01-2009, 11:39 AM)arch_angel Wrote: SALVO'ED while on foot
This is probably the thing that would hurt the most LOL I'm wondering if they are going to retain that skill system.
EDIT: Ack, wrong grammar, i need moar sleep
[Image: nines.jpg]
I hope there's no skill system whatever. LOL It should be up to the player piloting the Wanzer. Tongue FM fans should get over the fact that this simply isn't a SRPG.
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QGFqtr0hVHU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QGFqtr0hVHU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

seems good to me. Woot
I'll definitely get this one, but they really need to work on the dashing mechanics. I mean the wanzer dashing at 1:43 looks perfect, but seeing your wanzer dash in TPS; I just couldn't feel the weight of the mech whilst dashing other than walking, and I want dashing to be the default maneuver as well.
The guy playing annoyed me. He's obviously not maximizing the controls. 4:07 clearly shows that you can dash while shooting and jumping. I know that the game can be played faster.

I didn't notice, but is there like an energy bar for dashing and jumping?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Front Mission Timeline Thread Mjting 6 15,728 10-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Last Post: NiX
  Front Mission Goat 75 81,890 06-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Front Mission 5 azuma-blade 0 3,365 03-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Last Post: azuma-blade
  I wanna play front mission 2 wanzerfreak 13 16,367 11-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Last Post: wanzerfreak
  Panzer Front BIS Goat 5 7,400 05-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Goat