Current time: 04-26-2024, 04:49 PM
If Armored Core didn't exist?
This probably belongs to General Discussion more. But since this is an AC board, I think it's more apt here.

So what would we all be doing if Armored Core didn't exist? What would we be playing? Heck, there'd be no RR! Oh the humanity.
(10-07-2008, 05:52 PM)NiX Wrote: So what would we all be doing if Armored Core didn't exist? What would we be playing? Heck, there'd be no RR! Oh the humanity.

We'd probably be in Tekken Zaibatsu or a similar gamer forum, doing the same thing.
maybe I would be more of a Gran Turismo or Initial D freak!!!

um... I dunno...Ermm

=^.^=
[Image: upeo113pr8.gif]

State-of-the-Art
Functionality
Balance

---
"I am more of a Teacher rather than a Pilot"
(10-07-2008, 06:13 PM)Sforza Wrote:
(10-07-2008, 05:52 PM)NiX Wrote: So what would we all be doing if Armored Core didn't exist? What would we be playing? Heck, there'd be no RR! Oh the humanity.

We'd probably be in Tekken Zaibatsu or a similar gamer forum, doing the same thing.

Then I wouldn't be here if the forum was about that... Huh

I'D HAVE NOWHERE TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[Image: cryingtoEDWARD.jpg]

[Image: tamaki-1-2.gif]
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
Then I would have lived on, with a lot less fun as a consequence.
I would've probably tried to learn Tekken and stick to any other mech-themed game like Front Mission and Battletech.

No AC = no RR; however, a lot of people would've thought making a game identical to AC's in-depth customization if there was none in the first place, though we'll never be certain if the alternate series would work its way until the present, which might still counterbalance RR's existence.
no PRAWNS!!!!!
(10-07-2008, 10:11 PM)atdsutm Wrote: no PRAWNS!!!!!

I Second.

I'd probably be a common mula sa tabi-tabing casual gamer...
Playing RAN, Audition, CABAL...

The horror.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Armored Core was my 3rd PS1 game behind C&C and Jet Moto, if AC didn't exist, I would have stuck with RPGs, Virtual On and Gundam: Renpou vs. Zeon DX by the time the arcade version went up. I would be somewhat more active in the local VO fandom and played Gundam R vs. Z by the years 2001-2006, but would eventually withdraw from the former because they're quite different from the crowd here in RR, since RR people are more in line with my kind, not to mention that the VO fandom is prone to fights because of their multiple "factions". The Gundam game which Octavian and I played had the tendency to attract the best and worst that mankind has to offer (Met Trace through that game, along with other good people, but the game just had the strange ability to attract weirdos and literally, mentally retarded people).

I still won't be playing Tekken or any fighting games, because RR taught me how to play them Tongue. Doc would never have emailed to challenge me in AC. I'd spend more time with Guitar Freaks and try to fit into the local fandom, and might have played RO a bit more. I'd be a sadder person on the month of September 2006 (the month I found out, and subsequently joined RR) because that time was just hard on me. Overall, its quite hard to imagine what it'll be like if AC wasn't there especially because it is instrumental to the establishment of RR, which has been a big part of my recent life.
If AC didn't exist:

1. There'd be no RR.
2. My cousin and I would've played more than two games consistently growing up. As it was, those two were Master of Arena and Trap Gunner. So I'd probably be a beast at Trap Gunner by now. Tenrou Ugetsu ftw btw.
3. I wouldn't have known what "cheap AI" meant.
4. The only robot game I would've ever played would be Front Mission.
5. I probably won't be addicted to the internet, as this is the place that really urged me to go out and explore. Before that, I was mainly... sleeping, eating and watching TV.
If AC didn't exist, which would make RR cease to exist, I'd probably be passing my exams. -_- Then again, there's still StarCraft. >_<
If AC didn't exist pala. Haha.

Of course, no RR. No RR, no Fun.
-username xdeathscythe_Strike_Freedom99x
-anime avatar
-Holier than thou sig
I'd be playing other games and i would've never even known what i'd missed.

If i'd never stumbled upon the website back in September of 2006, never joined up and never experienced what it was like to meet up with other AC-playing pinoys...

Nope, i don't wanna start thinking about that.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
WITHOUT RR LIFE WOULD BE MEANINGLESS!!!! Big grinOMO:
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the Final Verdict (tFV) - 2 Month Long Armored Core: Verdict Day marathon farmboy28 0 101 01-21-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: farmboy28
  Pilot's Internal Organization (PIO) - Armored Core Content Updates farmboy28 33 6,197 12-24-2023, 04:09 AM
  Armored Core 6 Updates and News farmboy28 6 726 10-12-2023, 08:29 PM
  Armored Core PvP retrospective Lord_Leperman 0 469 07-28-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  We compiled a list of reactions/opinions about Armored Core VI revealed today and als farmboy28 2 481 07-28-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman
  ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON — Story Trailer farmboy28 1 392 07-23-2023, 02:01 AM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PCSX2 Armored Core PNACH Files Grim 4 6,102 04-30-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: phi1anthropy
  The Armored Core Series: A Newcomer's Journey Grim 3 633 03-25-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: NiX
  Armored Core VI Debut Trailer farmboy28 16 2,502 12-20-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Grim
  『ARMORED CORE SUITE 02』 farmboy28 0 3,868 11-24-2017, 04:31 PM