Current time: 05-12-2024, 11:41 AM
Vacation Places
Alright guys, post places (links, pictures, names, what-have-you) that people can go to vacation here in the country. This is a thread where we can compile popular and not so popular vacation sites.

Purpose? For future RR events, of course (that's why it'll be cool to post stuff nearby manila). It's always good to have a nice catalog of sites. Also, for those looking for some place to chill during those long breaks, this thread can be a reference. So post ahead.

I'll post mine after doing research first.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
Hmm... Vigan?

I know some of you have been there, right? And I know it gets really hot there. I probably won't stay too long though (maybe 2, 3 days tops - just for the pictures and the food).

[Image: viganfw0.jpg]

[Image: vigan2wh8.jpg]

[Image: vigan3hg7.jpg]
I actually like to go there one day for a short time. Seems to be some sort of time capsule where the Spanish colonial era seems to be preserved.

If we plan a vacation there, we'll have to have Fox with us as I remember his home town is near there. Tongue
Lord_Leperman Wrote:If we plan a vacation there, we'll have to have Fox with us as I remember his home town is near there. Tongue

Well, if you consider a two and a half hour drive to the next adjoining province nearby, then i'd gladly accompany you guys. Big grin

Vigan is located in Ilocos Sur while my hometown is Bacarra, located in Ilocos Norte. For tours and instructions on getting around that place, i suggest you seek the advice of a certain inactive ilocana, who actually lives there. She's more likely to be more knowledgeable about Vigan than i am. Remind me to post up pics of the beaches near my place sometime soon.

Great, now i'm starting to get homesick...
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Fox Wrote:For tours and instructions on getting around that place, i suggest you seek the advice of a certain inactive ilocana, who actually lives there.

That's great, so we can finally meet Luna. This sounds pretty cool and possible. Anybody up for it?
I'm in Big grin

Wasn't the name Lunar?
I'm good with that for like 3 days and 2 nights. If enough people are interested, I could make this our destination for our xmas/newyear trip and try to organize the whole thing. I'll need to know some research on places to stay there though.
Oooh cool, Vigan. If we're going there, we gotta first settle what we plan on doing there. Site-seeing? Food trip? Photoshoot? Videogames (LOL)? Depending on our mode of transpo, we'd have more liberty of going around the place in a short time. There are museums in the place and old places we can check out.

And Ilocos Norte is likewise a nice place. There's Maira-ira valley. And if you're wondering where all roads going north in Luzon island end, the literal end-of-the-road (the last pavement of the national highway or of Luzon island before the sea) is some distance from there. Been there once. Though I'm not sure if it's still within Ilocos Norte.
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
Nope, its no longer in Ilocos, that part actually winds up in Cagayan already, just past one of the best beaches up north. Vigan is also a good destination although having lived in Ilocos half my life, things kinda tend to all look the same to me, whether it be in Laoag, Vigan or any other town there. All towns in both Sur and Norte still have calesas prancing around.

Hey, as far as places to stay goes, we can probably crash at my grandfather's place since that house is only used during vacations and holidays anyway. That way we'd save up on lodging expenses. We will hafta bring food to cook though i suspect that won't be much of a problem, since most of our eating will be done out.

Lemme try to coordinate things with the wench then. Hopefully this'll be one that'll push through unlike our erstwhile plans for the summer. Also, i hafta try to get my scanner repaired or look for a shop so i can show those beaches to you guys.

Oh yeah, for a trip like this, i would suggest we do the unthinkable for once and do not bring any game systems along. There're enough things to keep us occupied for the entirety of those two/three days, which at the end of the trip, might even seem insufficient. Big grin
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Fox Wrote:Oh yeah, for a trip like this, i would suggest we do the unthinkable for once and do not bring any game systems along.

I second this genius motion.

maitreya Wrote:Oooh cool, Vigan. If we're going there, we gotta first settle what we plan on doing there. Site-seeing? Food trip? Photoshoot?

Yes, yes and yes!
How about wargames at the tall grasslands.

Crawling... Crawling...
Then over carabao poop. Not good.

And to Shin:
Her real name's Luna. so Luna or Lunar works.
'Signatures are overrated.'
Fox Wrote:Nope, its no longer in Ilocos, that part actually winds up in Cagayan already, just past one of the best beaches up north. Vigan is also a good destination although having lived in Ilocos half my life, things kinda tend to all look the same to me, whether it be in Laoag, Vigan or any other town there. All towns in both Sur and Norte still have calesas prancing around.

Hey, as far as places to stay goes, we can probably crash at my grandfather's place since that house is only used during vacations and holidays anyway. That way we'd save up on lodging expenses. We will hafta bring food to cook though i suspect that won't be much of a problem, since most of our eating will be done out.

Lemme try to coordinate things with the wench then. Hopefully this'll be one that'll push through unlike our erstwhile plans for the summer. Also, i hafta try to get my scanner repaired or look for a shop so i can show those beaches to you guys.

Oh yeah, for a trip like this, i would suggest we do the unthinkable for once and do not bring any game systems along. There're enough things to keep us occupied for the entirety of those two/three days, which at the end of the trip, might even seem insufficient. Big grin
HERESY!
Grim Wrote:
Fox Wrote:Oh yeah, for a trip like this, i would suggest we do the unthinkable for once and do not bring any game systems along.

I second this genius motion.

maitreya Wrote:Oooh cool, Vigan. If we're going there, we gotta first settle what we plan on doing there. Site-seeing? Food trip? Photoshoot?

Yes, yes and yes!

^ AGREED.

(But I'm still bringing my PSP)
could we schedule that on January? Big grin
Ninja Ninja 
Fine, go and bring whatever console you want then. Lemme just let you know that (last time i checked) there's only a single 21-inch TV in my grandfather's house. Besides, anyone who wants to go for PC gaming just has to leave the house as there are more than a dozen pc rental shops within a ten-block radius. The real draw for people going to Ilocos is the food and the scenery.

One of the best times for going to Ilocos would be the first two months of the year. Aside from the cooler weather, there are a ton of fiestas going on in various towns in Sur and Norte. But then again, its really up to the flock to decide when.

Portables are fine, laptops okay as well but trust me on the consoles...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Food places where you are. Lord_Leperman 2 2,444 11-10-2020, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Lord_Leperman