Current time: 05-20-2024, 09:46 AM
Iron Man Movie
Watched it last nite @ Promenade with my family and as Nix foretold, it totaly kicked ass!

Did'nt got to watch the after credits tho. Oh well, I'll jst hafta DL a copy l8er to view that.
This is also a punishment for you.
You will be the defender of justice and wear a mask forever,
you won't be able to live as yourself.
You will sacrifice all your happiness for the world.. Eternally..
(Last words to Zero - Lelouch Vi Britania)
Singapore's movie going crowd didn't let me watch the movie. Dinumog talaga yung sinehan!

Haha I guess I'll just have to see it when I get home.
I've already watched it 3 times so far... and it's STILL awesome.
Amen. The second viewing was even better than the first, especially because our fearless leader decided to treat the entire team for a game well won! Big grin
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Saw it earlier. It was a great movie, no doubt.

A few nitpicks though, cause these could've made the movie a lot better:

I felt too much attention was given to Tony Stark's transition to Iron Man, and focus on Iron Man himself was lacking. True, it's the first movie in a possibly long series, but I was expecting more asskicking from Mr. Repulsor Blast.
They only showed what, one skirmish outside the USA? The last fight was a wee bit too short, and a little lacking in oomph as well - I felt Iron Monger was defeated waaay too early and easily.

Also, there were some scenes which I think could've served better if they were switched around.
The flashback after the opening, I thought it could've been better if it were shown first, everything chronologically.
Or maybe that's just because I watched the trailer too many times and got used to the order of the storytelling.

Lastly,
there were too many sappy lines, especially with regards to Iron Man's conscience leading his new direction.
I just didn't like those.

That being said, this was a great movie, like I said. I loved the first flight test outside his place. Man, that scene was awesome. I was literally wishing I had one of them suits in my closet.

Plus, the soundtrack was really fitting. Yes, they got a lot of inspiration from the first Guitar Hero game haha. I first thought using Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" was forcing a bad idea, but in retrospect it wasn't bad at all, in fact it was rather good. Opening up with "Back in Black" was really something though.

I guess not putting everything out there all at once is a good idea, since it'll make sure Iron Man 2 has a hungry audience.

Did I say it was a great movie?
The movie was so-so. I felt cheated by the fight scene with Iron Monger because Iron Man was fighting on only 30% power, and that IM was defeated so quickly. The heavy guitars got tiring after a while, and the script was full of overly sappy or stereotypical lines. It was more of a man movie, that's for sure. I remember stepping out of the cinema hearing all these posers saying they were Iron Man fans since they were kids, etc. etc.

What I did like was that the writers tied the ending with the current post- Civil War storyline, where Iron Man and Spiderman unmask themselves in support of the registration act. I hope the Hulk movie retcon is as good.
well I personally enjoyed it yes it had a little to few fights and it was reaping off the success of the comedy from transformers but still it was great and war machine and the other hinting at the end lol Iron Man 2 gotta be worth a lot IMO

... oh yeah is the part you guys said to watch was that the one where Samuel L Jackson came in or is there more?
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Things Iron Man reminded me of...

1. Solid Snake VS Metal Gear Rex
2. A kid learning how to ride a bike
3. Saturday Godzilla Matches
4. A kid with magnifying lens and an ant hill
5. Quiapo Pirates
AppleHead Wrote:I remember stepping out of the cinema hearing all these posers saying they were Iron Man fans since they were kids, etc. etc.

Lol yeah people like that always come out after superhero movies which generally do well.

Serene Wrote:Things Iron Man reminded me of...

5. Quiapo Pirates

Care to explain? XD
Well, Tony fought a pirated version of his first suit eh.

'My suit is more advanced than yours!!'

Yeah right.

Malas lang nya wala nang balikan kapag pangit ang kopya.
[Image: IM07.jpg]

Concept art of

Iron Man Designs and Illustrations by Adi Granov:
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthr...p?t=125452

Iron Man Designs and Stark's House by Phil Saunders:
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthr...p?t=124921

Check out the other posts on the forums if you want to get depressed over your own art. Remember that that's a community of concept artists before you kill yourself though. Thanks to Cugami for the heads up.
Hey ConceptArt! I have an account over there.... umm, yeah. Unsure

Sick art indeed.
It's been a while since i posted anything here in RR....greetings again!

As for the movie, i was a little bit skeptical at first, probably related this to Shaq's "steel" the same way nix did.....but man...

after watching this.....MAN IT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME!!
another reason why i liked this film was because of the f-22's hehehehe

as for my only gripe, its probably the lack of action scenes, but it didn't really bother me though,as I don't want to watch a movie that has tons of action but seriously lacks a decent plot (for me, mission impossible 2 comes to mind)

four thumbs up!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Movie You Watched NiX 280 320,276 05-11-2018, 03:44 AM
Last Post: Serene
  Movie Trailers NiX 75 80,159 10-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Last Post: J.E_Magog
  Gran Turismo (Movie) Goat 5 9,397 11-30-2013, 06:09 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Adventures of Tintin (movie) Twin-Skies 8 13,134 12-19-2011, 03:40 AM
Last Post: RoninFang
  Voltron Movie NiX 7 11,168 09-18-2010, 03:23 PM