Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:54 PM
(And yet another) PlayStation 3 hack
Famiry~

Quite a few games already and I'm not willing to get my PS3 get Jailbreakeded anymoar :<

At least we know the skill of piraters should never be underestimated XD
Face it, atdsutm, you're the only supporter of piracy for the PS3 here. LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Yep, not interested in piracy if there's no online multiplayer.
Even if atdsutm really wanted to, I won't let him because it's my ps3 anyway. =_=
(01-07-2011, 02:09 PM)arch_angel Wrote: Even if atdsutm really wanted to, I won't let him because it's my ps3 anyway. =_=

I imagine you doing this when atdsutm tries to even go near the machine LOL

[Image: balrog-s4.png]
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
TURN PUNCH DA NIGGA!!

I hope he wins the case.
Sony is fucked either way...hax was done.
That's what you get for removing Linux UNNECESSARILY!!!!

Maybe I can finally get a PROPER BROWSER FOR THE SHIT THEY PUT ON.
Oh and Linux. I still miss it even though I have a desktop.
I'll try the hax on my fat ps3 when I get a slim one from grinding xp+cash this month.

I don't understand why Sony doesn't copy Apple and have APPS available and sold in their store.....the PS3 has a vast untapped potential but the sony dinosaur is just being too sluggish to respond. =/

Oh and one more thing.... The PS2 emulator where is it?
I have no idea why Sony removed it and for what?
PS2 was the most successful console of all time. WTF, as to why there's no support for it I DON'T understand.
Sony COULD'VE charged people to enable PS2 support....but instead opted not to.

It makes me wonder WHO GOT MAD in sony.
Who made those stupid decisions.
How much are they getting paid. (where did they study, what is their gaming experience? what the fuck did they learn in school?)>>> rhetoric but it just makes me wonder.

I can't influence any of the events that would take place so i'll sit back and watch the whole drama unfold.
Thanks for the show Sony.
Good luck HAXOR! =D

==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
its always has been about

if someone can suggest a way for game devs to earn money without the customer having to pay then go for it XD.

It's all about motivation XP
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

if hackers have all the time in the world trying to get free games

they should just spend it in trying to find out how to make free food and save the africa from starvation
Afaik they've been doing that on PS Home already, which is mostly run using advertisements; a social network where old creepy men try to pick up other men in disguise as girls. Also, iirc Sony's PS3 had its own backward compatibility in its older versions of 80gb PS3s, then took it out when they released their newer versions because they couldn't get any income due to its costly production.

Personally, I find the main problem to be the inaccessibility of their online products. Sure, they have PSN cards, but I'll have to get one from Datablitz (and prolly more expensive than just loading your account via paypal or something like that). Kind of similar to the issue of what Sankaku and 2chan are facing right now. LOL
I see this incident more as a lesson to sony.
Removing Linux was unnecessary. I Can't stress this enough. You fucked up sony. OF COURSE PEOPLE WOULD FIND A WAY TO RESTORE IT....LO AND BEHOLD you'd have to CRACK THE MACHINE TO DO THAT. You made the first step. Now PAY FOR IT! =D

Of course, who else would make hax?
People who used Linux.... YOU GOT THEM PISSED. =/

I think sony should enable homebrew but punish people WHO PIRATE.
Restore Linux.
Find a way to emulate ps2 on ps3 LEGITIMATELY BEFORE THE PIRATE HAXORS GET TO IT.
WHY? MARKET SHARE>>>YOU WANT MORE MONEY RIGHT SONY?
I'm sure you can emulate ps2 on ps3 and sony knows how but they're NOT DOING IT. >> THE HAXORS WILL!

==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

I don't think they'll be doing it anytime soon. From what I know, PS2s aren't dead like the 3DO, so they might just as well use this to their advantage (meaning that they'll want to keep the PS2 alive in the market as long as time permits it). Blah, marketing.

I really want the Linux to be some sort of legal homebrew though, but Sony might be thinking that its users would be able to find a way to hack the PS3 using the OS itself (or at least indirectly support piracy of a different medium). Other than that, they probably just want to just keep the status of the PS3 purely as a gaming console, or it'll bring them more issues regarding the machine (most likely being piracy).
(01-15-2011, 06:22 PM)Goat Wrote: I don't think they'll be doing it anytime soon. From what I know, PS2s aren't dead like the 3DO, so they might just as well use this to their advantage (meaning that they'll want to keep the PS2 alive in the market as long as time permits it). Blah, marketing.

I really want the Linux to be some sort of legal homebrew though, but Sony might be thinking that its users would be able to find a way to hack the PS3 using the OS itself (or at least indirectly support piracy of a different medium). Other than that, they probably just want to just keep the status of the PS3 purely as a gaming console, or it'll bring them more issues regarding the machine (most likely being piracy).

Having ps2 enabled NOW...will benefit sony. Sure you can still sell the hardware but a simple software update would barely cost anything. At what cost??? SO LITTLE....no packaging....no transportation cost...inventory costs...labor cost...blah blah....all you need are CODES...
Good for the environment. No need to MANUFACTURE MORE stuffs.

~~~~
*insert ps2 emulator code* >> *charge people because you want more money sony. =)

*insert KABAZILLION exclusive titles available for download*
*release more 3rd party titles*
*more profit*
~~~~

I still disagree on their decision on Linux. There WAS NO THREAT AT THAT TIME....pulling Linux out WAS TOTALLY UNNECESSARY, in my opinion it only sped up the process for piracy.

I don't really care much for piracy.
I'm more into homebrew and unlocking the FULL POTENTIAL of the PS3.

Another FW update from Sony:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/2.../#comments

I wonder how long it'll take until Sony releases a FW that would have new features for real other than the usual anti-hack stuff.
(01-27-2011, 11:19 AM)Goat Wrote: I wonder how long it'll take until Sony releases a FW that would have new features for real other than the usual anti-hack stuff.

it wont end until hackers are still trying to "unlock" the full potential of the PS3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation 3 Talk NiX 119 132,196 05-09-2014, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Grim
  Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal BlitzKey 3 5,806 04-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Last Post: BlitzKey
  New Sub-$400 Sony PlayStation 3 NiX 7 8,976 11-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Last Post: NiX