Current time: 05-23-2024, 09:45 PM
Mental Repository (M.R.)
(10-20-2010, 06:18 PM)Sforza Wrote: Rant: A batchmate of mine asked me to copy something into her usb, when I inserted it, my antivirus caught about 68 viruses LOL

I was too busy going Wtf at the whole thing instead of getting pissed. I mean, seriously, how can someone catch 68 viruses on one usb alone?! LOL

By being a promiscuous girl...

Oh wait.
(10-20-2010, 07:21 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: imma try the mission again tomorrow when i get a copy of 2G. will try a bladed weapon next time. all of the guides ive seen so far use a blade of some sort. maybe the bow simply aint damaging it enough. managed to kill it in the training mission before, unless the non training quests spike up the health of the mobs, i shouldve been able to kill the thing in the hunting mission.

At the start of the game, don't use bows and light bowguns. Don't use SnS either. They do really really crap damage. The only time these weapons will become useful is at the endgame, when you can deal elemental damage with them or have an insanely high crit rate (say 50~60%). Bows especially; they're quite specialized. You need to adjust the type of shot with the monster. For example, rapid would work well for a vertically oriented monster, and spread would work for wider ones. You have to take into account the different vulnerability spots on each monster as well.

Hope you stick it out despite the punishing learning curve, it's a great game that feels very rewarding to master Big grin

Edit: You can always ask for help on our rather extensive MH thread. Most of our hits from google come from that thread LOL
http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=1263
(10-20-2010, 07:34 PM)Sforza Wrote: Hope you stick it out despite the punishing learning curve, it's a great game that feels very rewarding to master Big grin

will stick it out. this capture giadrome quest is the only one ive had trouble with so far. coz yeah, ive noticed the bow is really weak. in the longsword training missions, i could kill the giaprey in three clean hits. with the bow it takes almost a dozen arrows ~.~

hmm, now to choose, great sword or longsword...dont care about technique or stats, cant decide which one looks cooler XD
I suggest getting your 2g copy asap as the capturing quests go bye bye XD

I was about to suggest you going for the eagle eye skill but it seems you've just started so scratch that XD capturing (with out the eagle eye skill) is more about looking for the signs, and repetition.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

(10-20-2010, 07:56 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: will stick it out. this capture giadrome quest is the only one ive had trouble with so far. coz yeah, ive noticed the bow is really weak. in the longsword training missions, i could kill the giaprey in three clean hits. with the bow it takes almost a dozen arrows ~.~

There's an armor skill called "Percieve" that grants the eagle eye or whatever skill (as CZ said); it turns paintballed monsters from pink to yellow on the mini map when they can be captured. You might be able to craft an armor that has it.
the problem is that you need hypnoc material to get it at the earliest possible time and they only come out when you get to the high rank elder cat quests ... maybe he can try dling a custom low level hypnoc quest but I don't know if one exists XX
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Sinangag sa bawang + mainit na sabaw na maanghang/ maasim/ mapait
Not exactly a rant/rave post, but my thermos smells like weed (yes, it smells similarly to the one a friend of mine had during our stay in Vigan). LOL

Also, I don't know exactly if this is supposed to be a rant or rave, but I got assigned to do a Pecha Kucha presentation either this or next week. I'm choosing Armored Core this time, not to encourage them to play, but to show them how complicated it is.

Chair

PS: I like that sig, JE!
Rant: broke my glasses yesterday. need to get it repaired or worse buy a new frame
Rave: Auxiliary glasses are more comfortable

MH Rave: caputred giadrome using a longsword
MH Rant: starting bow sux

@clonezero
so you can still capture when you want to, but quests wont require you to anymore?
Rave: FINALLY DONE WITH OJT AND RECEIVE CLEARANCE, BACK TO BUM MODE

Rant: I still have to do some research work.
Rave: Prepared a delicious lunch as baon - Leftover Chicken Inasal with home-made Crab Roe fried rice flavored with stirfried onions, garlic, sesame oil and a dash of rice wine.
Rave: I forgot to bring it to work T_T

I hope my brother enjoys it at least.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
(10-22-2010, 04:09 PM)Twin-Skies Wrote: Rave: I forgot to bring it to work T_T

Lol was this intentional?

Then again, your brother was there to eat it anyway. Rofl
Rave: I <3 my class

Rant: IMO It's still dumber to NOT LOCK THE DOOR than to FORGET TO KNOCK on the door.

Rave: Good news...I didn't see anything <_<
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
^

*Waits for iraya to comment on this*
(10-22-2010, 08:44 PM)HayWire Wrote: Rave: I <3 my class

Rant: IMO It's still dumber to NOT LOCK THE DOOR than to FORGET TO KNOCK on the door.

Rave: Good news...I didn't see anything <_<

I ACCIDENTALLY..MASTURBATION
[Image: th_tumblr_lk9u9uH6yu1qbacrgo1_500.gif]