Current time: 04-28-2024, 01:25 PM
Rizal Park Hostage Bullshit
(08-25-2010, 09:06 PM)Twin-Skies Wrote:
(08-25-2010, 05:34 PM)NiX Wrote:
(08-25-2010, 03:31 PM)Twin-Skies Wrote: Uhh, guys...?

RR forums has gotten publicity from another blog regarding this incident...

http://houseonahill.net/insensitivity-so.../#comments

Please play nice - Connie is a lawyer.

The pictures I posted were just picked up from other message boards.

I'm not sure what you meant by your post. She wasn't referring to us in any way. And we haven't even gotten any hits from that blog hahaha.

Anyway, Connie, thanks for the shoutout.

Actually, that's my bad - if you check the article she posted, she mentions that I was the one that cited the pics.

I'm a regular at her blog, and when her previous article started discussing the shooting incident, some of the commenters started mentioning how they heard of how shameless some of the passerbys were acting when they saw the bus (taking happy pics, etc.), so I posted a link here for reference.

IMO, I think what you did is fine, if one of our thick-headed citizens actually reads somethings like that, perhaps they might come to their friggin senses and realize that what they're doing is like putting out fire with oil.
Pic somewhat related
[Image: 46052157622856628112525.jpg]
goddammit...
[Image: nines.jpg]
Hong Kong banned/advises not going to the Philippines now.

G-parents are inviting me to go to HK - I have 2nd thoughts coz of how I look X___X
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
nah, who gives a flying shit, they won't go at you like you're nazi.
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manila_hostage_crisis
'Signatures are overrated.'
(08-26-2010, 05:00 AM)HayWire Wrote: Hong Kong banned/advises not going to the Philippines now.

G-parents are inviting me to go to HK - I have 2nd thoughts coz of how I look X___X

Vietnamese? Big grin
Dapat na yatang iupdate ni ed yung filifins

I feel down for my own country. what are these people thinking.?? being insensitive and shit.. also the police.. i don't think their serious in this situation.. ow man.. they don't know that what they've been doing humiliates the country..
A bit of perspective on this whole thing by Bob Ong. Although I don't agree with everything, it's a smart start.

Quote:Se ying diu sau
by Bob Ong

"Bob, ano ang masasabi mo sa Manila hostage-taking?"

Pagkatapos ng dalawang araw, nasabi na ang lahat na pwedeng sabihin. Napuna na ang mga dapat punahin, nabatikos ang mga dapat batikusin, at isa-isa nang sinisibak ngayon ang mga (i)responsableng tao na malamang ay pinagsawaan na ring sabunin.

Kung may dapat mang malaman pa ang mga Pilipino, yun ay ang kung ano ang pwede nating gawin ngayon.

- Ipagdasal ang mga casualty, survivor, ang mga opisyal na nasibak sa pwesto, ang presidente, ang bansa, ang mga Pilipino...pwede.
- Iwasang magpasa ng mga maling impormasyon o photoshopped na litrato at edited na video, at tawagin ang pansin ng mga taong mahilig magkalat ng maling balita tungkol sa insidente...pwede.
- Lawakan ang pang-unawa at maging mahinahon kung makikipagpalitan ng opinyon sa ibang nasyonalidad sa Internet tungkol sa insidente...pwede.
- Maging mas responsable sa pagbabalita at sa paraan ng pagkuha nito...pwede.
- Suportahan ang mga hakbang na gagawin ng pamahalaan para maituwid ang mga pagkukulang sa nangyaring insidente...pwede.

Panagutin natin at turuan ang mga palpak na opisyal. Pero pagkatapos noon, matuto tayong magpatawad at umabante. Hindi makakatulong na maliitin pa lalo ng Pilipino ang sarili nya. Kung mambabato man ng insulto ang mga taga-ibang bansa para sa pangkalahatan ng mga Pilipino; kapintasan na yon sa asal nila, hindi satin.

Kung may dapat mang mas kondenahin ngayon, yun ay ang mga usisero na kating-kating makadikit sa bus na para bagang milagro itong makakagaling ng mga sakit. May naisip akong magandang gawin sa kanila pero labag sa karapatang pantao, kaya hindi ko na lang imumungkahi.

Sa parehong paraan na nakikinabang tayo sa karangalan na naibibigay ng paisa-isang Pilipino, ganoon din ito mababawi sa atin ng isang Pilipino na tulad nito. Pero mahalagang malaman ng Pinoy na hindi lang sa mga balita at ilang indibidwal nakasalalay ang pangalan ng bansa, dahil ang bawat Pilipino ay imahe ng Pilipinas...tao man itong may mukha o isang simpleng mensahe na binitiwan sa Internet.
Sana lahat ng tao katulad ni Jackie Chan mag-isip, at lahat ng action star katulad nya gumawa ng stunt.
(Wag mo na pakialaman ang title, paborito kong pelikula yan ni Jackie Chan.)
Conspiracy theories starting to surface.

Again, from that other forum:

Godfather;814185 Wrote:
booblanco;814153 Wrote:as i said, DESPITE the bungled response.

- harassing a gov't in transition
- the simplicity / absurdity of the demand from a decorated officer who should've known better
- the choice of foreign hostages
- mendoza's initial cool and intelligent demeanor
- the choice of venue
- the acquisition of an M-16
- mendoza's well-prepared and laid-out poster message
- the suspicious behavior of the brother (conspiracy = when at least two people are involved)

it's all a little bit too contrived for me. expectedly, everyone's looking at the aftermath; but i hope they'll also look into the origin of the whole thing.

a lifestyle check on the mendozas post-incident may be in order.

Hmm, you are the third person I've heard this conspiracy theory from.

In fact, just from a colleague during lunch, she included most of your positions, plus these interesting questions :

- Lagman, and other fierce loyalists of the former prez in congress, suddenly sang praises of GMA in hostage crises during her administration yesterday.

- Why target specifically Chinese tourists? Of all the foreigner tourists in Intramuros, why did he pick the one with Chinese characters?

- There was an interesting question raised in ANC last night: If the bus were filled with say, Americans or Caucasian tourists, would the response or result have been different?

- How did the driver escape his handcuffs with a pair of nail clippers? I would like to see a live TV demonstration of this one. I keep hoping one of our over zealous reporters interview the driver and ask him to do this on-cam.
Uh oh.
That's a pretty odd and convenient set of coincidences right there. Glare
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
This could be problematic for RH Bill supporters, given that Lagman was its author. Damn.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Ang pamahalaan din naman ang pinagmulan ng Bullshit na to e Clapping
Quote:If the Philippines wants to get its act together and live up to its potential, it needs to demand more of itself. It can achieve this by stopping making excuses for its failures and ending its acceptance of the lowest common denominator.

Exactly. No more excuses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-wag...94544.html
http://www.scribd.com/doc/36449893/LETTE...GE-VICTIMS

Dunno if real.