Current time: 05-21-2024, 05:42 AM
The Rant/Rave Topic
Rant - thanks to that annoying little worm that's been crawling around lately, my previously sunny and positive feelings have wandered off somewhere in the general direction of the Caribbean and aren't likely to be returning anytime soon. Facepalm
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(06-04-2010, 10:48 AM)Fox Wrote: Rant - thanks to that annoying little worm that's been crawling around lately, my previously sunny and positive feelings have wandered off somewhere in the general direction of the Caribbean and aren't likely to be returning anytime soon. Facepalm

Really? Same thing's been happening with me. I hope we don't have the same species of worm Ohmy
Disgusting.
ew......lol.
I Lol'd...
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
EEEWWWWWWW
IT SOUNDS SO WRONG!
(06-04-2010, 02:29 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: Same here LOL

JE, I got the same treatment from someone I knew in my senior year of HS. I think I went bipolar for a year from that :|

lol walang kinalaman sa pag ibig to if that's what you mean LOL

Just some of my applications got unanswered.
Rant: Local TV news featured a kid who's lip got busted up after taking a kick in the face during a taekwondo promotion exam. The bigger kid was about 5 inches taller than him. The thing is, it was a YELLOW belt exam and Taek in its current form is a largely no contact sport where power is sacrificed for speed. The bigger kid could have knocked him out at anytime but didn't.

TV network (GMA) followed up by interviewing the Philippine Taek Association and making them apologize to the kid for the accident, and later on interviewing the kid's dad who said he was speaking with lawyers and thinking of filling charges. Talk about being a wuss.

To end the interview, the news team went to the Philippine Olympic Committee and got some commissioner person to say that they will now have to review Taekwondo policies on promotion exams and sparring matches.

They showed the fight video, too. The kid didn't have his hands raised and made no effort to block the incoming kick. He was fighting stupid to begin with. Sobrang sensationalist talaga ng story nakakakinis talaga >_<

edit: The kid was wearing headgear, too! Yung sipa sa mukha niya was a facefoot. Like a facepalm, but with a foot. Tongue
Fucking faggots. its like talking before thinking about what you're gonna say.
Haynako nakakainis. He got kicked because he was being dumb anyway, stfu news.

Siiiigh.
So what else is new, this is the Philippines. The stupid always make a big scene out of their misfortunes. Glare
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(06-05-2010, 01:06 AM)Fox Wrote: So what else is new, this is the Philippines. The stupid always make a big scene out of their misfortunes. Glare

Always thought that is exclusive to my home country of China, now I know otherwise... Facepalm

Rant: I've stretched myself too thin for the summer semester... Accelerated courses + condensed schedule = failure and waste of money on useless academic credits. Chair
(06-05-2010, 03:26 AM)medusa0 Wrote:
(06-05-2010, 01:06 AM)Fox Wrote: So what else is new, this is the Philippines. The stupid always make a big scene out of their misfortunes. Glare

Always thought that is exclusive to my home country of China, now I know otherwise... Facepalm

It's a known phenomenon all over the world, unfortunately.

The kid's dad is a fucking drama queen. You don't engage in martial arts thinking you're never going to get hurt. Sooner or later it's going to happen, even if you're seriously into it or just doing it for fitness. If he was so adverse to having his child get hurt, he shouldn't have let him take the promotion exam in the first place.

Like Miguel Torres said, "The moral of the story is, sometimes u find what your looking for and don't like it." LOL
(06-05-2010, 10:42 AM)Grim Wrote: Like Miguel Torres said, "The moral of the story is, sometimes u find what your looking for and don't like it." LOL

Frank Mir Agrees!!! (MMA pun)

Seriously, I wish I could give that dad a fucking reality check. The word "martial" in "martial arts" is there for a reason.

Gah, thats why I hate how ma's these days tend to lean to sports rather than stay true to their more, ok, violent roots. It's really hard to find a dojo/school wherein they train you in the more pure version of an art. Too many people going soft to the point where they cant even take a sliver of contact. The one reason I quit joining sparring tourneys is because of the point aspect of it-too unrealistic for my taste.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The FOOD Topic. strawhat_luffy 841 1,068,582 11-15-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Serene
  hai guyz wuts goin on in dis topic? strawhat_luffy 4 9,177 11-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Last Post: strawhat_luffy