Current time: 03-28-2024, 06:02 PM
AF Answerer
Is kicking my ass! Help!
Getting stumped on this mission in ACFA. Long range attacks are foiled by the shield so that means a hail of gatling rounds are out of the question. Up close, the Kojima missiles and laser cannon make short work of both KP and AP. Boosting upwards to get to the core takes a while, meaning that while i go up, laser barrages chew my AP down to nothing. If ever i do get up there, i barely have any AP left and i still see a swarm of missiles headed my way.

Any suggestions for this one?
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I used dual moonlights and killed the missile launcher parts first (no need to QB so much but be careful cause you're gonna get stripped of your shield). Use in and out tactics to avoid getting burned by the Kojima field and timing with the Koji Explosion. Slash the parts above the fort to avoid the laser guns' arc of fire.
[Image: Method.gif][Image: oblivionef3.gif]
interesting....now if only i could actually play for answer (Damn no ps3)
Wait a minute....DUAl moonlights???AM i reading correctly??For answer must rule *sigh*
[Image: THEBEST.jpg]
(10-01-2008, 04:19 AM)Kanon Wrote: I used dual moonlights and killed the missile launcher parts first (no need to QB so much but be careful cause you're gonna get stripped of your shield). Use in and out tactics to avoid getting burned by the Kojima field and timing with the Koji Explosion. Slash the parts above the fort to avoid the laser guns' arc of fire.

Yup, what he said is the best way to kill that floating monstrosity.
Just make a light or mid weight flight core with lots of surplus energy and dual equipped moonlights (or other high damage blades).

[Image: wp1_edit.jpg]

Just go to the safe spot (refer to image above) and blade that area repeatedly until all cannons and missile pods on it are destroyed. Missiles can't reach you here so just hide and wait for the missile volley to finish and then go immediately to the other side (has the exact same structure on its other side). Just repeat the first process. Now that the missile pods are gone, you could now freely fly around it (the lasers are a joke). Next are the 2 defenseless reactors and some solar fins and you're done, just don't forget to avoid its Kojima explosion attacks.
You could also use the same tactic in hard mode.

or you could just do this. A cheap attack using dual parry blades. Haven't tried this one though

(10-01-2008, 05:17 AM)Tadakatsu1Honda Wrote: Wait a minute....DUAl moonlights???AM i reading correctly??For answer must rule *sigh*
Yup, there are no more left and right weapon restrictions in AC4. Happy
Ninja Ninja 
Thanks for the hints, i'll give this a shot when i get home later. As it happens, some Lynx was kind enough to leave a pair of laser blades when i scrapped him in an Order match just yesterday. Big grin
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
I'm guessing that you beat Shin-Kai then? Defeating Shin-Kai in an order match is the only way to unlock the 07-MOONLIGHT.

@Tadakatsu
Starting from AC4, right arm = left arm. No more "x" arm-only weapons. You could have dual 07-MOONLIGHT (its new name)s, and each side fires independently, meaning you could fire your right-shoulder missile pod WHILE firing the grenade launcher on your left shoulder AT THE SAME TIME, and immediately switch over to your left/right hand physical/energy blade/arm weapons, firing each one independently since there is a command to switch right and switch left weapons, and while doing all that, you are overboosting and firing shoulder weapons all at once. This basically describes the insane speed of gameplay in AC:FA (AC4 is dead sluggish compared to AC:FA, believe me).
[All systems online. Kojima output normal. Synchronizing AMS Compatibility... Done. Engaging Primal Armor... Done. All systems green. Firing main boosters.]
"Blackwing, let's fly!!"
knock the wings out with a fast AC and a moonlight
"Stand tall, shake the Heavens"

Back of case of "Xenogears"
1st priority target: Missile launchers

2nd: Torture the damn thing by cutting of his wings one by one like the stupid fly he is
Wait a sec, sorry for interrupting the flow of your discussion, but isn't equipping parry blades and head directly towards the core work a lot easier?
[Image: nines.jpg]
(10-16-2008, 02:07 PM)Black Dragon Wrote: Wait a sec, sorry for interrupting the flow of your discussion, but isn't equipping parry blades and head directly towards the core work a lot easier?

like i said earlier, its a cheap tactic. How can one feel proud of accomplishing the game in such a manner, right? Big grin
Ninja Ninja 
(10-16-2008, 02:14 PM)cabs Wrote:
(10-16-2008, 02:07 PM)Black Dragon Wrote: Wait a sec, sorry for interrupting the flow of your discussion, but isn't equipping parry blades and head directly towards the core work a lot easier?

like i said earlier, its a cheap tactic. How can one feel proud of accomplishing the game in such a manner, right? Big grin

Ah I see Big grin Well, it's their fault for designing something that big LOL
[Image: nines.jpg]
(10-16-2008, 02:25 PM)Black Dragon Wrote:
(10-16-2008, 02:14 PM)cabs Wrote:

Ah I see Big grin Well, it's their fault for designing something that big and fragile LOL

edited for correctness
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!