Current time: 06-25-2024, 02:16 PM
Poll: Are We Geeks?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Duh
60.71%
17 60.71%
No
17.86%
5 17.86%
Dunno
21.43%
6 21.43%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Are We Geeks?
Gangsta rap and Jpop are mainstream. Just depends on your demographic. Smile
Well, it's not the kind of stuff my comrades prefer, anyway. It's all Lady GAGa and Taylor Swift for them. @_@
Lady Gaga is cool.

inside joke
nice one nix. Smile
And for the record, Taylor Swift writes nice songs. Not my kind of music but I can definitely appreciate the youthful writing.
I find Lady Gaga really cool and talented. No joke. Smile
'Be wary of those that you call "nerds" or "geeks", you'll be calling them "boss" in 20 years.'
— Bill Gates
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(05-25-2010, 06:24 PM)Grim Wrote: I find Lady Gaga really cool and talented. No joke. Smile

She is, no doubt.

It's just that there's been a running gag about it among me, Mark and Jake. LOL
I like Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift too LOL

Also been following jpop for more than 10 years now. Started with visual kei when X-Japan and Luna Sea were still around. Right now I'm into Japanese indie pop, reggae and r&b. I also listen to classical (right now into impressionists like Debussy and Ravel) and jazz (always been into bebop) a lot.

Maybe I'm a music nerd, but the only genre I can't really stand is Western gangsta rap, because it sounds so contrived to fit a certain aesthetic. Rap from any other continent is fine. With music, it's really always down to personal taste.

Edit: Actually, there are a few exceptions. I like Eminem's stuff. In the 90's one of my favorite songs was I'll Be Missing You by P.Diddy Feat Faith Hill. I also liked BIG's stuff.
I'll Be Missing You was by P. Diddy and Faith Evans. Smile Just correcting you there.

Well... What I meant by giving those artists as examples was that I'm not one to follow the crowd. Where most of my peers love this and that singer, I'm into stuff by Tupac and co. Lol.
(05-25-2010, 09:48 PM)Evil Panda Wrote: I'll Be Missing You was by P. Diddy and Faith Evans. Smile Just correcting you there.

Thanks! It's been so long since HS LOL
Faith Hill is the country singer. Must have slipped my mind while thinking of Taylor Swift's stuff at the same time.
I like taylor swift's songs too. Tongue
The Geek shall inherit the earth [Image: _la__choir_by_spring_sky.gif] (belongs to someone on deviantart by the way Big grin)
Hahah I like that. I really do.
Not super related, but I think this is where it's most appropriate:
http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-r...rable.html

Be careful about what you turn into, RR. Smile (more of a mental note to myself, really)