Current time: 05-23-2024, 08:38 PM
What's in La Salle?
my bad wrong choice of words i guess anyways not sure how those labels came to be

anyways HW its your decision to make anyways
Please say something about La Salle/the topic instead of giving me tips that almost every single alumnae/speaker has given me already <.<

Besides...I ALREADY made my decision for La Salle -.-;;
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
I'm from DLSU.
I'd recommend going here if you're taking up engineering courses.

Englishero-peopz are for the CLA chicks,
It doesn't apply much sa engineering area.

And don't believe the crap about 'Bobo' ang lasallians, they're old jokes.
Take up Mechanical Engineering with me and let's go make an AC! Smile)
Sorry, but I won't switch courses/colleges just because I know someone there XD;

EDIT:
And what's with you guys mentioning the La Sallian "bobo" rumor ever so often?
I just used it as an example DX I didn't mean/say that I BELIEVED in it DX
(01-17-2012, 06:46 PM)HayWire Wrote: Please say something about La Salle/the topic instead of giving me tips that almost every single alumnae/speaker has given me already <.<

Besides...I ALREADY made my decision for La Salle -.-;;

What exactly do you want to know?

I guess I'll talk about what's around it. Lots of public transportation options on Taft. Lots of food and entertainment (billiards, bars, ktvs, net cafes, gaming places, newly renovated U-Mall, etc) options all around as well. And inside, there are at least 3 cafeterias. Just be careful about muggers along Taft (or anywhere in this country for that matter) and try not to look oblivious. And watch out for flooding during heavy rains.

As for what goes on in there nowadays, I'll leave that up to the fine folks still studying there like Portmanteau and Mycael.
Quite literally : What's in La Salle.

Here's some questions...:

1.What are the most notable orgs/comms/clubs? Every school has a glee, dance, drama, music club...so what're the unique ones so far?

2.I know La Salle has elevators, but are they practical considering the amount of students?

3.Aside from the library (well, the map said there was a library <.<) any other places one can study/tambay-tambay during breaks?

4.Is EVERY ROOM aircon'd? (At least I have a variety of jackets...)

5. a. Gay-friendly enough? <.< b. Any GSAs, btw? XD;;

6. Anything you think is worth mentioning about the first year there. :T
(01-17-2012, 07:41 PM)HayWire Wrote: 2.I know La Salle has elevators, but are they practical considering the amount of students?

3.Aside from the library (well, the map said there was a library <.<) any other places one can study/tambay-tambay during breaks?

2. Yes, there are elevators. It's only a problem if you have classes in the Andrew building. Everywhere else, just take the stairs.

3. The library is big and awesome. But there are other lounges in the various buildings. And certain orgs have rooms of their own which you can hang out in if you join.

4. Yes, all the rooms are air conditioned. Some are notoriously cold. Some aren't. Depends on the condition of the AC, obviously.

5. Despite technically being a Catholic school, DLSU is actually quite liberal and even progressive.

edit: Maybe Goat or Godfreyr can show you around.
You: I want cake!
Person 1: *gives you chocolate ganache*
You: No not that! I want cake!
Person 2: *gives you cheesecake*
You: No not that that! I want cake!
Person 3: *gives you pumpkin pie*
You: No not that! I want cake!
Nix: What cake do you actually want?
You: I want... Meatloaf.

ಠ_ಠ
Honestly, just go and see for yourself. Better for you to experience it first hand, and get the excitement from actually looking around instead of us spoiling each and every nook and cranny for you.

Air conditioners are pretty standard these days.

As for orgs, when you actually get in, the whole school and most of the orgs will actually welcome you, so just look around.
(01-17-2012, 07:58 PM)NiX Wrote:
(01-17-2012, 07:41 PM)HayWire Wrote: 2.I know La Salle has elevators, but are they practical considering the amount of students?

2. Yes, there are elevators. It's only a problem if you have classes in the Andrew building. Everywhere else, just take the stairs.

3. The library is big and awesome. But there are other lounges in the various buildings. And certain orgs have rooms of their own which you can hang out in if you join.

4. Yes, all the rooms are air conditioned. Some are notoriously cold. Some aren't. Depends on the condition of the AC, obviously.

5. Despite technically being a Catholic school, DLSU is actually quite liberal and even progressive.

edit: Maybe Goat or Godfreyr can show you around.

I'm in CSB, not in DLSU.

Never been inside DLSU btw, but I heard students from CSB can get inside DLSU's library. I didn't enroll this term though, as I have different problems to deal with currently. I'm going back next term though, so that's a can't for me already.

And yeah, it's more liberal despite it being a Catholic school. Prefer the same gender? Nobody would give a **** except maybe if you meet some idiots inside.

Did you find our info useless? Hahah, sorry about that. It'll stay like that forever. LOL
(01-17-2012, 06:51 PM)Mycael Wrote: Englishero-peopz are for the CLA chicks,

And don't believe the crap about 'Bobo' ang lasallians, they're old jokes.
Take up Mechanical Engineering with me and let's go make an AC! Smile)

i dont find anything wrong with the cla peepz englishing

and also i dont really follow or listen to the stereotyping made by people in schools. they are pointless endeavors to follow.
(01-18-2012, 03:06 AM)atdsutm Wrote: and also i dont really follow or listen to the stereotyping made by people in schools. they are pointless endeavors to follow.

Agreed.
Me: Is it true what they say about college books and that you won't use most of them anyway?

RF : *just smiles*

Me: -_-;;
(01-21-2012, 04:12 PM)HayWire Wrote: Me: Is it true what they say about college books and that you won't use most of them anyway?

I've seen a lot of people in CSB's main building reading books that are related to their courses. More or less it has to be just the same as Lasalle. There are times that you won't need one at all though, when one of your professors decide to spoonfeed you. LOL

Art classes are another story though; books there are mainly used for reference, and I've never actually seen people take a book home with them.

OT: (@ Ting Bros)
On a side note, iirc I believe I saw Mark and Andrew's sister name on one of the book cards though. Only thing I can remember is the surname. The person has to be related to the Ting Bros; the book was all about that PSX mecha game, Horned Owl!

We all give different kinds of cakes. That includes sour cream if there ever was one.
(01-21-2012, 05:05 PM)Goat Wrote:
(01-21-2012, 04:12 PM)HayWire Wrote: Me: Is it true what they say about college books and that you won't use most of them anyway?

I've seen a lot of people in CSB's main building reading books that are related to their courses. More or less it has to be just the same as Lasalle. There are times that you won't need one at all though, when one of your professors decide to spoonfeed you. LOL

Art classes are another story though; books there are mainly used for reference, and I've never actually seen people take a book home with them.

OT: (@ Ting Bros)
On a side note, iirc I believe I saw Mark and Andrew's sister name on one of the book cards though. Only thing I can remember is the surname. The person has to be related to the Ting Bros; the book was all about that PSX mecha game, Horned Owl!

We all give different kinds of cakes. That includes sour cream if there ever was one.

Aight, It is me. Yes, I remember borrowing that book. Also, YES! HORNED OWL INDEED! I borrow books from the library. The reason why they don't blatantly show it to public is because if a spot of water gets through a page in the art book. You'll go every corner of the globe to get the exact replica or pay 5k above. That's why.

-On the Rivalry whatnots, that's super old stuff already. (Basta grumaduate ka lolz)