Current time: 09-28-2024, 08:16 PM
Reikitsunamizu’s Touch: False Messiah
Chapter 1 done - WIP
==

Chapter 2: The Seal

Channeling Reiki has always been more of a learned skill than a talent. Especially one’s own capability in controlling their own channeling ability. Though one’s affinity for channeling Reiki’s energies could be seen in a young age, being able to control the flow of the energies takes a considerable amount of training depending on the Channeler’s own natural affinity, dedication and determination. Though the Goddess’ energies were said to be unlimited, the vessel, the bodies of the Channelers, surely aren’t. That was why training was required for any Channeler, that is, if they don’t want to end up losing their own lives channeling the Goddess’ energies. The strain of handling the energies of a deity could prove fatal if not controlled properly. Those who serve under the temple of Reikitsunagumizu are very aware of that fact. That was the reason they are dedicated in training Channelers.
Any temple of Reikitsunagumizu is the best place to train one’s own Channeling abilities and Sakura’s was no exception.

==

“Again.” A certain fox-eared Saikiri commanded as she tried to hide her disappointment to no avail. Her lips curling into a frown.

“H-Hai.” A silver-haired wolf-girl replied weakly, obviously out of breath.

Taking a deep breath, she raised both hands over a row of Reiki crystals. Twenty of them to say the least, all of varying sizes. She closed her eyes as she began to concentrate, to channel Reiki once more. Seconds later did the warm green glow of Reiki filled the room. Slowly, the Reiki crystals themselves began to glow, one by one, brighter for each second that passed. A weak cracking sound broke the gentle hum of the green energy, right at the sixteenth crystal, followed by a snap and another louder cracking sound akin to the sound of shattering glass.

“Kya!” The young Channeler could only squeak as the sound of the breaking Reiki crystals broke her concentration. She was forced to step back, causing her to lose her balance and fall on her bottom on the wooden floor. “I-Itai…”

“Chikane-chan! Are you okay?” Cyrene inquired just as she rushed over to the wolf-eared girl, concern on her face.

“Hai.” Chikane said weakly as she nodded her head before looking up to her mentor. She forced a smile. “I’m sorry. I failed again.”

The crimson fox-girl shook her head before smiling herself. She settled herself before the wolf-girl and reached out with her hand, patting the shorter girl on the head. To be honest, the young Channeler was doing well given how high her affinity was to Reiki’s energies. Being able to channel that much of the Goddess’ energy to charge more than ten crystals was a feat already itself. Cyrene was aware of her apprentice’s potential but she knew that the wolf-girl could do better. For one, it was just that she knew something was holding Chikane back. If she could just find out what it was and as one who trains Channelers like her father, she knew getting that out of the way would help Chikane reach her full potential. The lone Yanagi offspring wasn’t deemed a reincarnate of the Goddess for nothing.

“Don’t worry too much about it, Chikane-chan,” Cyrene reassured the young Channeler, “You’re probably tired. We’ve been at it since this morning.”

“H-Hai.” Chikane blushed slightly at the feel of her mentor’s hand on her head, “But I am okay. We can still continue.”

There was that too Cyrene thought to herself. The determination to be able to grasp her Channeling abilities was evident on the wolf-girl and Cyrene was thankful for that. It just made training the young Channeler all the more easier. The fox girl just giggled as her fox ears and tail twitched.
“I know you want to make up for the time we lost, Chikane-chan,” Cyrene said softly, “But knowing when to rest is part of training too. “

“B-But…” Chikane began; her wolf ears drooped.

“Besides, it’s almost time for lunch, “ The crimson-haired Saikiri waved a finger, “ I think Shiue and Ishikawa-san will be bringing the food in soon. So, take it easy, okay?”

“Hai, Cyrene-sama.” Chikane nodded her head. She knew it was best to listen to her mentor.

“However…” Cyrene spoke flatly. The sudden seriousness in her mentor’s voice made the wolf-eared girl blink, “Ne, Chikane-chan, why do you do this? Why are you a Channeler? Why did you accept this role to be the Goddess’ reincarnate?”

“I…I…” The young Channeler fidgeted a bit as she tried to find an answer.

Cyrene kept her stare at the wolf-girl, doing her best to notice each of her apprentice’s reactions. She had always asked Chikane those questions, but never ever got a straight answer. Somehow, she wondered if that was the thing holding her apprentice back. Usually she would just let the questions hang in the air but now, Cyrene found it best to speak as she realized how more important the answers were, and what depended on them.

“The duty and responsibilities of Channelers are heavy. Much more in your case. Such is the way for one being able to channel the Goddess’ energies, “ Cyrene spoke in a serious tone, “But it is still the choice of one to accept or refuse such roles. “

The crimson-haired fox-girl nodded her head.

“Channelers are regarded as important and special, that is only natural as they also put themselves at risk equal to those of the Guardians that protect them, if not more, “Cyrene continued, her face softened for a moment, “ So Chikane-chan, why did you decide this for yourself?”

No answer. The wolf-eared girl kept silent as she avoided her mentor’s gaze. Cyrene sighed. Looks like the answer was still out of reach. But somehow, she thought, if Chikane was doing everything not for the right reasons then that maybe where the problem lies. One would offer one’s being to channeling Reikitsunagumizu’s energies, any hesitations or doubts would surely manifest itself.

Cyrene’s fox ears twitched once.

“Maa. I think Shiue and Ishikawa-san’s here.” She smiled at Chikane, “Let’s get ready for lunch.”

Did I…really had a choice? Chikane thought to herself as all four of them started to eat lunch.

The wolf-eared girl’s thoughts wandered back to her parent’s faces when she was selected to be the Goddess’ Reincarnate; how they looked so happy more than they ever did. The Elder’s words came back to her on that moment, when she had just woken up after she had channeled as much of Reiki’s energies as she could. Out of desperation, out of the need to save Kumatora. That one time she actually was thankful she could channel Reiki’s energies.

“Yanagi-sama?” Kumatora called out to the wolf-girl, concern on her face, “Is something the matter?”

The voice of her best friend shook Chikane out of her reveries and made her realize she was looking at the lion-girl. All she could do was smile as not to worry her Guardian.

“N-Nothing, Kuma-chan. I’m just…” The young Channeler stammered, “A bit tired I guess…I’m okay, don’t worry.”

Kumatora’s brow furrowed at that but she nodded her head as she found it wise not to prod the wolf-eared girl on the matter any further, at least not now. Still, she couldn’t help feel something was wrong but then again, this was actually the first time she was able to be in vicinity of Chikane’s training. Limited was her knowledge on Channeling but she was sure that it took a toll on a Channeler, physically and mentally. So maybe that was it.
Still, the lion-eared girl wondered if there was anything else more she can do for Chikane.

Lunch promptly ended after that. Both Shiue and Kumatora took it upon themselves to clean up, taking the used utensils with them back to the temple wards. However, the blonde lion-girl’s thoughts were still on Chikane. But she did her best to hide her concerns, donning on the flat expression Guardians were meant to have, however, it appeared the half-albatross was more perceptive than Kumatora gave him credit for.

“You shouldn’t worry too much, Ishikawa.” Shiue spoke up as they were walking back to the room where their lieges were training.
Kumatora blinked at that, shaking her head.

“No, I am not…” The lion-eared girl started to say.

“Though it is our duty as Guardians to be concerned about the welfare of our lieges, “ Shiue continued, “ It is also important we have faith on our lieges.”

Kumatora just nodded.

“Cyrene-sama knows what she is doing and I’m sure Yanagi-sama does as well,” The half-albatross Guardian smiled, “So, let’s just wait and believe in them, okay?”

“Hai, Shiue-san.” Kumatora replied firmly.

Chikane-chan…

“Cyrene-sama.” Chikane called out to the fox-eared girl, who was busy setting up Reiki crystals for her apprentice.

“Hm? What is it, Chikane-chan?” Cyrene blinked before looking up from what she was doing, concern on her face.

The young Channeler fidgeted a bit as her wolf ears and tail twitched. She took a deep breath and started to speak.

“I chose to be a Channeler and accepted my role as the Goddess’ reincarnate because, “ Chikane spoke flatly; her voice firm despite her nervousness, “I don’t want anyone important to me be hurt and if I can, ease their pain. My parents, my friends and everyone.”

Especially Kuma-chan…

“Sou ne.” Cyrene smiled at the wolf-girl’s answer as she stood up.

The crimson-haired Saikiri giggled to herself as her fox-ears twitched. Somehow she expected that answer from Chikane but now, she has an idea what could be the problem. She smiled at her apprentice.

“As Channelers, we can do that. Heal those who are most important to us, however… “ Cyrene winked at the wolf-eared girl before continuing, “We need to believe in them too as they believe in us.”

Chikane blinked at that.

“We should believe that they also care about us and would be willing to go as far as we do.” The crimson-haired Saikiri said as she reached for the shorter girl, patting her head, “We are never alone with our feelings.”

“That is why we should never be afraid, “ Cyrene continued, “Our feelings will reach them and they will receive them that is why they would also do the same.”

The fox-eared girl smiled.

“So don’t be scared, ne Chikane-chan?” She giggled, “I’m sure everyone is thankful for you, especially Ishikawa-san, more so now that she is your Guardian.”

Chikane couldn’t help feel her cheeks redden at that. Her mentor only giggled at her expression.

“Saa, let’s continue with training, ne?”

“Hai, Cyrene-sama.” The young Channeler smiled as a feeling of relief filled her from within.

Thank you, Cyrene-sama.

I can only comfort you through your dreams. When you are wide awake, all I can do is smile and enjoy your presence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 12-22-2011, 02:46 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-04-2012, 03:29 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-07-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-11-2012, 07:36 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-22-2012, 01:59 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-25-2012, 09:11 PM
RE: Reikitsunagumizu’s Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 03-02-2012, 03:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reiki's Touch : False Messiah Deleted Chapter Immaterial 0 3,192 06-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Immaterial