Current time: 09-28-2024, 08:11 PM
Reikitsunamizu’s Touch: False Messiah
Chapter 1 done - WIP
==

Chikane kept silent as she held on to Kumatora’s hand, leading the lion-girl through the crowds in direction of the hut they both shared. She sighed to herself as her ears drooped for a moment; the Elder’s words rang in her mind. Now that Kumatora was a fully-fledged Guardian through the Eightfold way, the lion-girl would now be choosing the liege who she would be protecting for the rest of her life. After all, protecting one’s liege was the duty of a Guardian. The young Channeler shook her head as she held on her best friend’s hand tighter.

“So why am I so uneasy?” Chikane thought to herself.

An image of a half-feline Guardian, complete with a confident grin, flashed into her mind.

“I will protect you, Yanagi-ojousama.” Same Guardian grinned. He waved two fingers as he winked.

Tohryu-san…

“Run. You should get away from here, Yanagi-ojousama.” Tohryu closed his eyes as he spoke, a smile on his face, “I’ll handle this.”

I am sorry.

Chikane blinked, shaking herself out of her reveries as she realized they had both made it back to the hut. Both entered said hut, keeping quiet as they relished the peace they have. Rare it was for them to have time alone yes, but both find it unnecessary to speak when words were not needed. Especially in their shared hut, where they were safe from the pressures and bustling of the outside. Each other’s company was enough.

The silver-haired wolf-girl just smiled as she hung her cloak by the door, watching Kumatora walk in direction of the dining table, obviously to start eating the bento said wolf-girl had just made. Chikane made her way to sit opposite the lion-girl, intent on just to watch her devour the food she had prepared. She enjoyed cooking for Kumatora, even more watching her best friend enjoy eating whatever dish she had prepared. But now, she found it hard to do so. Her thoughts would wander back to Tohryu, the Elder’s words and her own worries.

Mou.

She shook her head as she stood up. Chikane knew she can’t be like this. Not today when Kumatora was in such high spirits. Giving up, she turned to the lion-girl.

“Ne, Kuma-chan, I’ll go take a bath, okay?” Chikane said as she smiled disarmingly , “Just enjoy your bento, I’ll be back in a bit.”

With that, the wolf-girl turned to leave, walking in direction of the hut’s private furo. Typically a luxury but for those training under the temple of Reikitsunagumizu, it was a necessity. Necessity in the sense that it provided Channelers in training at least a way to relax their weary bodies after a long day of training. Chikane was thankful for the furo, as it provided her a chance to gather her thoughts.

Closing the door behind her, the silver-haired wolf-girl started to disrobe, folding her robes and tucking them under her arm before depositing them in a basket. She opened the water reserves, deigning to wash herself first as the furo started to fill with hot water. Chikane poured a bucketful of water over her head, shivering at the cold, wolf ears and tail twitching. She shook her head, trying to focus on what she was doing but her thoughts kept on letting itself known, making her worries and doubts more real for each passing moment. She remembered Tohryu.

Tohryu-san, I am sorry. It is all my fault.

Natsukage Tohryu was a half-feline Guardian assigned to protect the inexperienced Channeler when she made it to Irina. It was only natural as Kumatora was still a fledgling Guardian then, surely not yet up to the task. The Elders found it best to assign him to protect the wolf-girl as he was one of the best in that village. Chikane’s task required protection for sure as she was to help in healing an epidemic which has affected quite a number of villagers.

Chikane took a deep breath as she dipped herself in the warm waters of the furo; the temperature just right. Her muscles relaxed immediately at the warm comforting waters. She couldn’t help stare at her reflection; her own crimson eyes staring at her back. A sigh escaped her lips as she recalled what had happened then.

It was then she was asked to perform a mass healing but due to her inexperience, a number remained unhealed, still stricken. Rage of relatives and family alike incited a rioting crowd; their anger focused on her. It was then that Tohryu stepped in to protect her but even the best of Guardians would be no match for an agitated crowd. Even a horde of Balkens was nothing compared to a rioting bunch, especially since a Guardian was never allowed to hurt unarmed villagers.

It was the greatest honor for any Guardian they said. But…He didn’t have to…

It was said a Guardian laying down his or her life for their liege would be the greatest honor but somehow, Chikane didn’t find anything honorable about someone having to lose their life. True, Tohryu was someone she had just met in Irina but he was quite easy to get along with and was not as rigid as the other Guardians. Why did he have to die? That made her uneasy for it made her aware of how far Guardians were willing to go for their lieges. The wolf-eared girl was worried about Kumatora. Would she do the same?

I should stop this.

Chikane splashed herself with water, trying to break herself free from her reveries. What was she so worried about? Surely Kumatora wouldn’t be aiming for such an honor any time soon. And besides, the lion-girl’s training showed how capable she was. There was nothing to worry about.

She blinked as she realized something.

The young Channeler realized that her best friend’s Guardian duties would depend on the liege she would be choosing. How much risk she would be exposed to, depends on that fact. So who? A list of possible Channelers came to her mind but she could only shake her head when she realized she was also a possibility. At that, the wolf-girl felt torn. True, if Kumatora chose her as her liege, they would always be together. The Elders wouldn’t be able to do anything against that. But that also meant the lion-eared girl would be placed in the same amount of danger Tohryu was exposed to. She wouldn’t want that. She sighed to herself.

I’ll try to talk to Kuma-chan about it but…how?

Chikane rose from the furo. Water dripped down her form as she reached for one of the fluffy towels and started to dry herself, wrapping the said towel around her frame when she finished. The wolf-girl exited the bath, walking in direction of the dining table, where Kumatora had just finished her bento. Chikane’s giggles caught the lion-girl’s attention.

“So, how was the food, Kuma-chan?” Chikane inquired, brushing a few strands of her moist silver hair from her face; a disarming smile on her lips.

Kumatora blinked, cheeks reddening slightly as she beheld the wolf-girl in one of her more vulnerable states. Chikane only has a fluffy white towel around her form; cheeks and skin flushed due to the waters of the furo. The lion-girl could not help feel temptation rise up within her once more. That temptation to reach for the wolf-girl, take her in her arms and to plant a kiss on her lips. Her slender frame would stiffen and that single piece of cloth would fall on the floor, baring the wolf-girl completely. It would then give her the chance to feel in her hands the warmth of the naked girl’s cream hued skin.

“Kuma-chan?” Chikane called out, a look of concern on her face.

Kumatora’s eyes opened wide at that, standing up suddenly as she realized she was daydreaming. The wolf-eared girl’s voice shook her out of her reveries. Nervously, she started her way to the hut’s private furo.

“D-delicious as always, Chikane-chan, “ The lion-girl stammered, “T-thank you.”

What was wrong with her? She had already seen the young Channeler fresh out of bath before. So what was so different now? She shook her head, looking at her best friend directly.

“I really enjoyed it, Chikane-chan, “ Kumatora reassured the wolf-girl, who seemed to be getting the more concerned, “I really appreciate it.”

Kumatora smiled.

“I think I’ll go take a bath now, Chikane-chan, “ The lion-eared girl scratched the back of her head, “It has been a long day, can’t wait to relax in the furo.”

Without waiting for a reply, she dashed to the furo, closing the door behind her as she stepped inside. Kumatora sighed, realizing how awkward the situation she was just in. Well, it didn’t matter. The lion-girl started to disrobe, cringing as she felt the sting of the scars she had received from earlier, joined by old ones she had since training. But the pain of such wounds was nothing now, she thought. She was now a fully-fledged Guardian, she could protect Chikane, and finally return to the wolf-girl all the things she had done for her all these years.

She poured a bucketful of water over her head, shivering once more. Given that, it was only right no, destiny that she we will be choosing Chikane as her liege in the ceremony tomorrow.

Chikane-chan…

Taking a deep breath, Kumatora slowly eased herself into the waters of the furo. She sighed in contentment as the waters helped her tired frame relax. The lion-girl looked up at the ceiling, smiling. Surely the Elders would be against her choice of liege but she has an idea on how to take care of that problem. She just needed to talk to Chikane. Everything will work out.

“K-Kuma-chan?” Chikane’s voice came from behind the door.

Kumatora’s ears perked up at that; her brow furrowing at the tone of the wolf-girl’s voice just now. Being the young Channeler’s friend since childhood, she had learned to tell as she would take into heart every time Chikane would call her name. She could tell the wolf-eared girl’s mood based on small variations in her voice, how happy she was, sad, depressed or worried. And now, she was sure that something was bothering her best friend.

“I am sorry, Kuma-chan, today may not be the best time but…” The wolf-girl started to say; her voice barely a whisper.

A pause.

“I am worried about you, Kuma-chan. You are now a Guardian, I mean, I am happy you finally are one. It’s what you’ve always wanted, right?”

Chikane bit her lip.

“B-But I am also worried to what may happen to you. I don’t, no, I can’t bear it if you end up like Tohryu-san…” Chikane’s voice cracked at the mention of the half-feline Guardian’s name.

Kumatora closed her eyes. Yes, she remembered Tohryu. One of the high-ranking Guardians at Irina. One who had been chosen to protect Chikane and had done his duty as far as any Guardian would. He sacrificed himself to protect the young Channeler, still inexperienced, from a rioting crowd brought upon by a failed Channeling. Though the lion-girl was thankful that Chikane was safe, she felt that Tohryu had thrust onto the wolf-girl the emotional burden of his sacrifice. The half-feline Guardian had forgotten that such a burden was heavy, very much so, especially for the one left behind. And she swore to herself that she would do all that she can so Chikane won’t have to ever go through such again.

“I am also worried we may not see each other anymore. You have to be by your liege’s side, right? That is your duty as Guardian so…I…”

A sob escaped the wolf-girl’s lips and that was enough to prompt Kumatora to move, stepping out of the furo’s waters and opening the door. It was then she saw Chikane sitting on the floor, back turned, hugging her own legs; her frame shivering. The sight almost made the lion-girl break down right there.

“I…I’m sorry…Kuma-chan, I…I’m just---“

Chikane’s frame froze as she felt Kumatora’s arms wrap themselves around her frame, embracing her tightly from behind. The warmth of the taller girl’s own naked frame evident even from under her underkimono. A warmth that comforted her much more than she could herself.

“I remember what happened to Tohryu-san, Chikane-chan. I know it can happen to me. “ Kumatora whispered into Chikane’s ear. “But I don’t want that to happen to me because if it did, I know, I won’t be able to see and talk to you anymore.”

The lion-girl embraced the young Channeler tighter.

“I would lose the reason I became a Guardian. I would lose the person that has given me the strength and courage to be who I am today. “ Kumatora smiled, “ You are important to me. And I don’t want to lose you.”

The lion-girl took a deep breath.

“As for us not being able to see each other anymore, well…” Kumatora giggled softly, “I have taken care of that, so I want you to attend the ceremony tomorrow, or else, I will be very angry with you. Ne?”

She turned the wolf-girl to face her, gently wiping the tears from Chikane’s eyes with a finger.

“So stop crying, ne, Chikanecchi?” Kumatora smiled disarmingly as she used the nickname she had given the wolf-girl when they were younger; one that showed more affection than a suffix could manage.

“H-hai.” Chikane softly replied, a healthy blush on her cheeks.

She wasn’t expecting for Kumatora to call her by that name. Chikane had feared the lion-girl won’t ever again, more so now that her best friend was a fully-fledged Guardian. She could only close her eyes as Kumatora hugged her once more. The warmth of their contact melting all her fears and worries away.

“I promise to be there tomorrow...” Chikane whispered.

I promise.

==
I can only comfort you through your dreams. When you are wide awake, all I can do is smile and enjoy your presence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 12-22-2011, 02:46 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-04-2012, 03:29 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-07-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-11-2012, 07:36 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-22-2012, 01:59 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-25-2012, 09:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reiki's Touch : False Messiah Deleted Chapter Immaterial 0 3,192 06-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Immaterial