Current time: 09-28-2024, 08:14 PM
Reikitsunamizu’s Touch: False Messiah
Chapter 1 done - WIP
==

The sound of blades crashing onto one another, steel against steel, pushing each other back. Neither yielding, echoing across the makeshift arena, finally crashing loudly into each other with so much force the blades could barely keep themselves against one another if not for their wielders. Three Guardians pushing against a single Guardian to be. That same lion-girl just grinned, somehow satisfied how things were going easier than she had anticipated.

“You are strong as they say, Ishikawa-san,” A half-wolf Guardian muttered under his breath, doing his best to keep his own blade level, “Strong as Guardians are supposed to be. “

“However, strength is not what makes a Guardian, “ Another Guardian, a half-crow this time, interrupted; his face calm despite the amount of effort to push against the lion-girl, “To be able to use this strength to protect our lieges from all harm, to use all of one’s abilities to do so.”

“Still though, I wonder if you can carry such a burden,“ A female half-rabbit Guardian chimed in, “Will you be able to protect much less save anyone when you had to be saved yourself?”

Kumatora’s grin all but disappeared at that, replaced by a scowl for moment as she tried to regain her composure. She had readied herself for such banter but never did she imagine any of her opponents would dare enough to refer to that event in her past that had caused her to lose Chikane. The lion-girl just grinned again as she pushed down the swelling rage within her.

“And here I thought this whole ceremony would be a sparring match between me and the other Guardians, “ Kumatora replied, her grin still evident from her face, “ I had wanted to do things as smoothly as I could but it seems that’s not the case anymore.”

She turned to the half-rabbit.

“Ne, you don’t mind if I step on your unconscious body so I can claim my title as a fully- fledged Guardian, hm?” The blonde Ishikawa said with a taunting almost evil smile.

The Guardian in question blinked at that, “How dare you I---“

All three Guardians could only blink as Kumatora pushed all their blades away, her own katana smashing into pieces for the nth time due to the force behind her swing; an evil smile curling on her lips. She let out a deafening roar, one that could curdle blood and send shivers down the spines of the hardened Guardians before her.

And thus the beating began.

That feeling of her blows connecting, flesh and bone being crushed under her fist. The sounds of grunts and moans of pain, a twisted symphony that aroused the lion-girl, like an intoxicating drug, pushing her forward, to keep on bringing down everything and everyone that stood in her way. With each thundering step fell an opponent, her lips curling into a cold and easy smile, a stark contrast to the violence in her wake.

She could only giggle to herself as she cracked her knuckles, walking away from the mess of bodies she had just helped to make. All Guardians were down, except for one, one who entered the Arena in a flourish, his white wings folding behind him as he did so.

Shiue Yizuki, Cyrene’s Guardian. The last one Kumatora needed to take down. He was said to have been trained under the legendary Guardian Masamune Enishi herself, being the only one to last thirty seconds with the said Guardian. Defeating him would be difficult but Kumatora knew she was ready for anything.

“You seem to be doing well, Ishikawa.” The half-albatross said in a calm gentle voice. Both gauntleted hands behind him as he stared at his opponent. His eyes narrowing for a moment at the carnage Kumatora had single-handedly orchestrated.

“But of course, Shiue-san.” Kumatora replied, her trademark grin on her face, “This is what I have trained for. This is why I decided to take the Eightfold way. To be the best at what Guardians do.”

“I see…but I wonder—“ Shiue stopped in mid-sentence, giving a small smile as his opponent all but charged towards him. The rage on Kumatora’s aura still evident as the lion-girl raised a fist to strike him down, one with such force that it may only take one hit so she can achieve victory.

That seemed not to be the case when the lion-girl’s fist only made contact with Shiue’s wrist armor, making a sound not of breaking flesh or bone but rather an unceremonious thud, the half-albatross just stepping out of Kumatora’s way as he continued to speak.

“Do you really have a grasp of what Guardians do?” Shiue kept the smile on his face as he gracefully evaded another one of Kumatora’s blows, “One can easily put our duties as Guardians into simple words, protect our lieges from all harm, whatever form it may be. That is our duty.”

The lion-girl’s scream echoed in her ear as she threw another punch to the half-albatross. Her fist making a dull thud as it connected with Shiue’s other wrist armor. She threw another punch, only to hit nothing but air. And another, only to make that thud sound once more and to see Shiue’s own gentle composed smile. Her rage swelled up in her frame once more, so much she just began to throw her blows, just wanting to wipe that smile off the half-albatross Guardian’s face. Though Kumatora didn’t mind more experienced Guardians lecturing her, teaching her more of the Guardian way, having it being done at this time at this point where she was so close to be a Guardian, only infuriated her instead.

“Shut up, shut up! Die, die, die!” Kumatora all but screamed to herself each time she threw a punch. Louder and louder for each time Shiue seemed to evade or block them with such ease.

“We train our bodies to be the most powerful warriors so no harm can come to our lieges, “ Shiue continued, closing his eyes. “To sacrifice our own lives is nothing to us, much as is taking the lives of those who threaten the lives of our lieges. But--”

Shiue opened his eyes just as he caught Kumatora’s fist, both of their arms shaking as both tried to push each other back. “Never forget our lieges give life as easily as how we take it. Such a task is never easy as our lieges suffer way more than we could ever imagine.”

His expression went blank as he stared down at Kumatora, “Tell me, could you bear to hold your liege given that your hands would be stained with so much blood? Look around you, look at your doing.”

He paused, remembering his own training, how Masamune Enishi herself had always made it a point he never forget what Guardians are supposed to be. How the legendary Guardian would always make it a point to drill that particular lesson into him.

“So much violence and pain. Your liege would all be focused on giving part of themselves to restore life, but you would be so easy take it away, “ Shiue’s grip on Kumatora’s fist tightened as he continued, “Would you even dare to hold her hand when your liege would give everything she has to save another and you are the only one keeping her soul planted in this realm?”

The half-albatross pushed the lion-girl back, rearing back to finally give an attack of his own. His eyes gleamed as he taunted.

“Would you?! Ishikawa!”

The boiling rage within Kumatora all but vanished when she realized that Shiue was right. That she was the only thing standing between Chikane and whatever plans the Elder has for the wolf-girl. That she didn’t have to not only be the best at warding off whatever that could bring physical harm to Chikane, but the emotional ones as well. She would have to cast off anger, hate and self-doubt from the wolf-girl but she wouldn’t be able to do so if she was one who murdered with relish.

She was not a murderer, nor a soldier.

She was a Guardian.

A Guardian who was supposed to be there for Chikane.

Kumatora blinked at the realization, snapping herself back into reality just in time as she caught Shiue’s wrist with both hands. Her whole body followed the length of the half-albatross Guardian’s arm as her legs clamped around it. Both could only fall on the ground as Kumatora has Shiue where she wants him, in an arm bar hold.

“Thanks for the life lesson, Shiue-san, “ The lion-girl grinned, azure eyes glowing, “Now if you would kindly submit or else Cyrene-sama will be feeding you for a week.”

“That remains to be seen, Ishikawa.” Shiue mirrored the lion-girl’s grin.

The Guardian felt relieved, sensing that Kumatora had somehow got a grasp of what he was saying. For now, he would be safe from any chastising Masamune Enishi could ever give him by letting someone unfit to pass the Eightfold way. But still, he needed to put up a good fight. At least, that was what he intended to do as the hold the lion-girl has on him seemed to be unbreakable. So much the only option left was to submit.

And the crowd could only cheer as both warriors dusted themselves off.

Shiue bowed as he congratulated the lion-girl, letting her enjoy the victory she had worked so hard for. The villagers seemed to have the same idea, cheering even louder as Kumatora raised her hand; her trademark grin on her face.

“I am finally a Guardian, “ The lion-girl thought to herself, “I can finally protect you, Chikane-chan.”

==
I can only comfort you through your dreams. When you are wide awake, all I can do is smile and enjoy your presence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 12-22-2011, 02:46 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-04-2012, 03:29 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-07-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-11-2012, 07:36 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-22-2012, 01:59 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-25-2012, 09:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reiki's Touch : False Messiah Deleted Chapter Immaterial 0 3,192 06-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Immaterial