Current time: 09-28-2024, 08:15 PM
Reikitsunamizu’s Touch: False Messiah
Chapter 1 done - WIP
==

Chikane could not help but blush furiously at what the lion-girl had just done. Although used to Kumatora’s surprise displays of affection, pinching included, this was the first time her best friend had ever done it that it actually hurt a bit. Still, something about the way Kumatora had pinched her cheeks comforted her somehow, as if it told her the lion-eared girl will be fine.

The gentle morning breeze brushed past her frame once more, making the platinum-blonde girl shiver, shaking her out of her reveries. It was then she realized that she had not much time left. She still has some preparations to attend to. Kumatora’s victory bento.

Mou, Kuma-chan…

She knew that was important too, along with the gift she had bought. If she recalled, the lion-girl may have opted to miss breakfast, again. Maybe now she can at least be able to attend to that. To be honest, she was thankful to her mentor, Cyrene, having allowed her to attend the ceremony in exchange for a make-up session for her own training, albeit reluctantly. As it was, the crimson-haired fox-girl has no choice. She knew Chikane to be devoted to whatever she decided on, that being one of the Channeler’s strengths. Said Channeler just smiled to herself. Now she really has to hurry, if she was to make it and as not to waste this opportunity.

“I have to hurry,” Chikane thought to herself as she made her way to the hut Kumatora and herself shared. Her mind cluttered with questions, what to prepare first, will she make it? No, she needs to hurry, that’s all there is to it. “Things will work out, focus. Focus.”

“Focus, Kumatora. This is it. Everything comes to this. Show them what you have trained for,” The blonde lion-girl thought to herself right before her stomach growled, breaking her train of thought. She blushed at that. Her ears drooped for a moment as she looked around, hoping nobody had heard. True, she had skipped breakfast yet again that being recommended with her training as one wouldn’t exactly want to be vomiting due to the intensity of the training. Also, it was imperative for a Guardian to perform their duties even with such conditions.

The sounds of the multiple voices talking to one another, mixing together into a loud inaudible mass of sentences and words filled the air of the makeshift arena; the site for the last step of the Eightfold Way. A battle of survival, one against many, victory to the last one standing. The prize being a fully-fledged Guardian.

Few would take such a path to be a Guardian, given to how brutal and unforgiving it could be. But to anyone who would dare do so, not only would he or she be able to reach full-fledged Guardian status faster, they would be given the opportunity to actually chose their own liege instead of the traditional other way around. After all, triumphing over the Eightfold way just proves that the Guardian is capable and strong enough for such a responsibility. That is what made the Eightfold way attractive for Kumatora, so she can choose Chikane as her liege.

Still, it is a given that it was rare for anyone to take the Eightfold way, much less to reach its final stages. The villagers were all but excited to come watch, partly so see who would be brave or foolish enough to take such a path and also be able to witness the Guardians go against one another, to display their own individual strengths.

The lion-girl shook her head as her hands clenched into fists as she tried to calm herself down. This was it, the last step of the Eightfold Way, that final culmination of what she had trained for.

“I am strong enough now. I am not like I was before. I am stronger. I will protect Chikane-chan, with my own strength,” Kumatora closed her eyes, repeating to herself that mantra. Her subspecies had the natural strength to turn the tide of any battle, even without training. That natural ability, that power, made the skills she’d been polishing for the past four years that much more lethal.

This is it. No holding back. I will crush those who will get in my way. I don’t care who you are. Chikane-chan is depending on me. I will show you all.

“Ishikawa Kumatora.”

The girl in question just grinned as she was summoned, slinging her sheathed katana over her shoulder as she made her way to the center of the make-shift ring. She opened her azure eyes, pointing at the other Guardians. It was rude, even downright arrogant but this was Kumatora, and she wanted to make sure the Guardians will never forget that.

“Saa. Come at me if you can, “ Kumatora’s grin grew even wider, fangs exposed.

And the ceremony has begun.

==
I can only comfort you through your dreams. When you are wide awake, all I can do is smile and enjoy your presence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 12-22-2011, 02:46 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-04-2012, 03:29 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-07-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-11-2012, 07:36 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-14-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-22-2012, 01:59 AM
RE: Esuna's Touch: False Messiah - by Immaterial - 01-25-2012, 09:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reiki's Touch : False Messiah Deleted Chapter Immaterial 0 3,192 06-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Immaterial