Current time: 06-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Lines
Fuck yeah.
When a veteran was asked (on Reddit) if he regretted signing up for the army and going to war:

Quote:What it's worth is whatever you make out of it. That's true really for any decision you make in life. I've built a pretty decent civilian career, and being in the military is what opened that door, along with a shit load of school work. Everyone values things differently, though, so what's worth it to me may be a waste to you.

Things I'll always remember are heading out drinking beers with my platoon before I left for Iraq, and drinking beers with what was left of my platoon when we got home. I'll always remember why the two groups weren't the same. My most start war memory will always be the aftermath of a car bomb in Fallujah, and scrapping brain matter out of the treads of my boots with a MRE spoon. War is the worst thing that can happen to a people, no matter what side you're on. There's no sugar coating it. But you understand when you sign up that war is part of the trade off. Anyone who says different is lying or so stupid you should question just how much you should value their opinion.

Do I regret it? There's no use in regretting it, so I don't waste time on that. If it taught me anything, it's to not get lost in thoughts of the future or the past. Enjoy where you are, and who you are, right now. Notice what's around you, and who is around you and understand that as soon as you blink, that moment's gone forever. You'll just lose more time regretting it.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/commen...it/c37llxk
Taken from a friend's Facebook page

Rain Wrote:To all my INAANAKS:
Requirements to claim your gift:

1. Original copy of your baptismal certificate.
2. Original copy of your birth certificate.
3. NSO certified copy of live birth.
4. Picture(s) of me holding a candle as the priest pours water against your forehead.
5. Copy of the invitation card your mom and dad gave me.
6. Should know my complete name and address.

Any of these requirements missing should not expect a Gift from me.
Otherwise you can "mano" to show respect & to see if your parents raised you well.
And lots of prayers.

You have until Christmas eve to submit completed requirements.
Qualified inaanak will be shortlisted and your tatay will receive notification through in case you are.

Oh yes, my godkids will be hearing of this soon. LOL
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
This was from a few years ago, dunno if anyone has anything similar but ah well.

"You, you, you, the both of you three! Walang hiya kayong tatlo! Both of you, come with me." --- Principal getting angry at some students at a grad practice. durr.
(12-14-2011, 10:43 AM)Sforza Wrote:
Quote:Do I regret it? There's no use in regretting it, so I don't waste time on that. If it taught me anything, it's to not get lost in thoughts of the future or the past. Enjoy where you are, and who you are, right now. Notice what's around you, and who is around you and understand that as soon as you blink, that moment's gone forever. You'll just lose more time regretting it.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/commen...it/c37llxk

Beautiful and poignant. And applicable to anything, not just to signing up for the army.
For the introverts:

Quote:On the topic of loneliness one must look into the very meaning of the idea of loneliness as opposed to being alone in and of itself. Being alone and loneliness aren't the same and one can be alone but not lonely. One can spend their time predominantly in isolation but not feel the sensation of loneliness.

Loneliness, for me, is the unwanted absence of human connection.
(12-18-2011, 01:08 PM)Sforza Wrote: For the introverts:

Quote:On the topic of loneliness one must look into the very meaning of the idea of loneliness as opposed to being alone in and of itself. Being alone and loneliness aren't the same and one can be alone but not lonely. One can spend their time predominantly in isolation but not feel the sensation of loneliness.

Loneliness, for me, is the unwanted absence of human connection.

Likewise you can be with a lot of people but still feel lonely Sad
Today, 4chan motivates you LOL

[Image: 8D4LL.jpg]
I think i'll go wander off to the river on the outskirts of town and pick a fight with a water buffalo.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(12-27-2011, 10:28 AM)Sforza Wrote: Today, 4chan motivates you LOL

[Image: 8D4LL.jpg]

Bang bangBang bangBang bang
http://www.reddit.com/r/confession/comme...as/c3d91jl

Can't really do the whole quote thing since I'm on my phone. Post is about learning how to learn, something I found very insightful.
(01-06-2012, 03:12 AM)Sforza Wrote: http://www.reddit.com/r/confession/comme...as/c3d91jl

Can't really do the whole quote thing since I'm on my phone. Post is about learning how to learn, something I found very insightful.

This makes me sad. Particularly because while I know I'm smart, I'm not sure if I have that kind of dedication in me. It gives me hope that other people do, though, and that I might be able to find it too, sooner or later.
Very insightful indeed. Thanks for linking, Jake. That R. R. dude sounds like your cousin. LOL
I wanted to add something -- the story about the students in that link happened to me too. When I started with the 2nd course, I had a unique perspective in the sense that a lot of my friends were already in the industry and were nice enough to help me when I asked for it. What came naturally to them was very difficult for me to grasp at first, and it helped me push myself to work harder at actually studying instead of just winging it. There's also peer pressure when you see everyone else studying hard and submitting competent projects compared to your own piece of crap work, all the while knowing that there's no excuse for your failings because with code it's either right or wrong and a direct byproduct of how much you actually studied and work on your technique.

(01-07-2012, 01:27 AM)NiX Wrote: Very insightful indeed. Thanks for linking, Jake. That R. R. dude sounds like your cousin. LOL

How ironic that he's named R.R. then LOL
Had a fb chat with some friends and such they were talking about dreams and such...which lead me to this tought

People say those who are livin their dream are lucky

Well heres a thing

i havent reached my dreams yet but seem to be on the right direction....

bottom line is if one day i finally be livin my dreams all i can say is

"I may have been livin my dream but it has been a nightmare to get this far" *sheds manly tears...no regrets*