Current time: 09-28-2024, 01:16 AM
I need help with a design
Im having a problem making a disgn maybe all of you guys could help

I've been trying to experiment on a OB quad design which works ...

I think this has to do more with my inexperience with OBing in general but im having problems witht he design it self

here's the basic design

mayfly
rakan
sl
lizard
b81
limpet
g84p
ananda
ext: funi
right arm: m2
left arm: rla
left shoulder: karura
right shoulder: ladon 1/2

by the wasy this is the design that kicked the bucket against the test AC hence my problem.... I really need help I have practically no experience in OB related AC designs .... and why am I trying to learn, its to complete my latest AC trio for the new no common parts rule the theme of this trio is C&C RA soviets; Boris and Volkov are already done and are good to go IMO but Chitzkoi isn't cooperating, anyway our favorite man eater if proving to be a big challenge to convert to AC...
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Hey I remember the time when I created a Quad OB, anyway try the following tips

Change the Rakan, to an Atlas, Eos, or any other Crest OB, except those which is low in AP, cooling, etc.

Lizard is nice, but I suggest you change it to a Gavial2 if you want to have the Ladon2, but its heavy, so Keep the Lizard, and use Ladon, or change the Lizard to some Lightweight Quad.

You could also want to change the hand weapons, I suggest you use the Nix, Pixie2/3 and that Grenade rifle on the left arm, wala lang, so you could have a nice design, and a good AC.
My first impression of you was right

But there is still that needs to be done

We must hurry
I imagine you wanted a multi-range fast moving quad, that would shoot with the RLA and M2 at close range, and backtrack or come out of hiding behind obstacles to use the Ladon? Simply put, it won't work with this design (or even with slight modifications to it).

Take into consideration the energy consumption of the legs, and you actually won't find any use for the ladon (especially in open stages like arena). The ladon is quite easy to dodge at long range, by the way. I suggest not to use energy weapons at all, unless you change the generator. Even then, I wouldn't recommend using energy weapons if you want to stay as a quad because the frame won't be able to support the energy demands of the heavier generator/radiator. Change the core too, try either the UL2 or the heavy one (the last one among the cores you can pick). The shell/energy def. rate is also quite bad.

Personally I think mixing a machine gun (change it to pixie3 nga pala) with OB is not advisable, since you'll have to stay away often too. The AI has twice the energy of a normal AC, and this isn't CS where you can circle strafe a stationary opponent easily. Change the head too, too. I'd suggest eye3.
I'll try those things when I get my hands on a ps2

anyway just to clarify Im trying to create a quad OB charger adept at close range combat ... it seems to defeat what you just said jake but I'll try to work with what you said remember I'm attempting to create a AC design close to Chitzkoi (aka the super attack dog side kick of Volkov)

<!--QuoteBegin-clonezero+September 08, 2007 07:35 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (clonezero @ September 08, 2007 07:35 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I've been trying to experiment on a OB quad design which works ... [/quote:7d11042461]
First off, realize that G84P should not be your primary choice when going for a generator inside an OB AC. It runs much too hot to be considered reliable in real combat conditions. Kung pang laro-laro lang you will manage (especially since you've got Rakan + B81), but when it comes down to it, the danger of overheating just isn't worth it. Ananda may be there, but rest assured, the 84P's heat can overpower that anytime.

Second, remember that packing OB decreases your energy reserves a lot in battle, so carrying too many weapons on one AC isn't probably the best idea. It would work if you dropped some of this stuff at the start of the match, but you're not on a hangerable core so I figured you wouldn't.

The Rakan + B81 is a good choice for beginners in OB, since it's total heat is very very low. Mind you however that it's not a very powerful combination, so the heavier you go, the more you'll notice how slow you are. To that end, I propose something along the lines of:

Mayfly
Rakan
SL
Lizard
Birdie
F73H
G91
R92
-
-
Ladon
-
RL
R3
-
-

Optionals: Amino, ES, SS, EC, L+, Codon, Golgi, Marishi

Your frame is already nice. It's light and quick, and you definitely want that. For extra defense, consider the Medusa or Medusa2 deeks.

Birdie + G91 works very well, keeping you nimble on your feet and having enough reserves to back up all that boosting power. R92 is just for insurance. Change it to Ananda if you feel like you can take it.

I removed your missiles as I felt they slowed down the weapon juggling too much. RL + Ladon is pretty much enough to take down any AC anyways. Add to that a reliable left hand, and there you have it. It hits hard, and it hits fast.

If you feel this AC is a little bare, that's exactly what I had in mind. Since you can't hanger anything on the Rakan it pays to choose your weapons well: go for the accurate ones with a lots of ammo, or those which can really take the fight to the opponent.

Wow 2 AM na pala. Shit I gotta get some sleep. Ninja
first of thatnk you for the crash course in OBing!
keep em coming

I have no problems with the tips you gave me boss just that I agree with what jake said that its was to ambitiious to make a OB + railgun design of the bat ... I'll me try something else.... how about karura+ funi + rla while OBing towards the enemy? I think its more managable because micros have a bigger lockbox...

<!--QuoteBegin-clonezero+September 09, 2007 07:09 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (clonezero @ September 09, 2007 07:09 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> anyway just to clarify Im trying to create a quad OB charger adept at close range combat ... it seems to defeat what you just said jake but I'll try to work with what you said remember I'm attempting to create a AC design close to Chitzkoi (aka the super attack dog side kick of Volkov) [/quote:e8debca714]
Ah. Well given the design it was the only way you'd be able to survive, since the booster is not so good (slow) and if you don't back off, you'll overheat or run out of energy.

Any quad + OB is quite ambitious already because of the leg drain which does -not- give you the AP/def. of tank legs. Why don't you try an underweight light/mid, goat style? It'll perform well at close range.
<!--QuoteBegin-clonezero+September 10, 2007 06:51 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (clonezero @ September 10, 2007 06:51 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I'll me try something else.... how about karura+ funi + rla while OBing towards the enemy? I think its more managable because micros have a bigger lockbox... [/quote:84b73555d9]
Workable. I think the RLA is much too heavy for it's own good though, especially when compared against its better right-hand counterpart, the RL.

If you plan to remove the Ladon, and really stick it to your opponent in close range and joust for the entirety of the match, keep the Karura and Funi (although I would suggest Gar2 in the Funi's place instead; the former is a bit too drainy), and try using Pixie3 and a lefty shotgun.

Pixie3 in midrange to closerange + shotgun and Karura and extensions in short = lotta hurt.
bert's right beside me and he has no idea what your talking about jake ... XD

know any light left arm weaponry with stun...? but if not maybe I'll stick to shotguns...

I wonder would it still look like an attack dog if I ditch the quad for tank legs???

Ah, just use that Left Grenade launcher, I do not like shotguns, except that one, yung Crest heavy shotgun, or use the Griffon.
My first impression of you was right

But there is still that needs to be done

We must hurry
uu nga no amf nakalimutan ko ung tunkol sa gl ng left arm ... XD

tulungan nyo nalang ako sa pag gawa nun sa pag kikita natin sa sat XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MyBB AC Design on work! Raven:Patrick Fang 2 5,414 04-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Raven:Patrick Fang
  Design Posting Format NiX 0 5,409 10-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Last Post: NiX