The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Hard Core Cosplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Just look at that smug face. You can't beat that.
horo with clothes

not a cosplay
[Image: toysoldiercrouching.jpg]

[Image: toysoldierfiring.jpg]

Most accurate cosplay ever

[Image: comiket-80-day-2-cosplay-inferno-114.jpg]

For Fox since he's in a Geass binge.
Hahah holy shit, accurate indeed. LOL
that is awesome hahaha
IT'S ORANGE-KUN! TASTE THE STORM OF HIS LOYALTY!!!
Galing nung toy soldier! Smile
I finally got around to getting some great photos of my costume mentioned in another thread.
so now I have stuff to post, I hope you all enjoy. it was a lot of fun shooting all these photos, and I really think me and Setsuna went beyond anything we coulda predicted as a couple of amateur photographers.

all the pics are of me dressed as Dr. Stein from Soul Eater, and all pics were taken by Setsuna.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/390335/

uber props to Setsuna for doing I think a really fantastic job as the photographer. despite our camera not totally cooperating sometimes, and creating a few blurry pics. I really think he captured the whole creepy doctor theme of the char really well.
O-SOME.

Really Accurate. Cool.
for anyone interested, the location is actually a local real life abandoned psychiatric center.
its like 5 min away from where I live, and most of us drive by the grounds every day. it seemed to me to be the absolute holy grail of locations for a Dr. Stein photoshoot.
what this means, is that the props like the Living with Dementia book, and the X-rays are real things left behind when the center was closed down.
you cosplay as Stein...omg no...because from now on, whenever i read the fics a friend of mine writes, its gonna be your cosplay in my head. and trust me, you dont want to be in her stories. hmm...idea! why dont i send your cosplay pics to her XD

/trollmode

but yeah, pretty good cosplay and the setting is just perfect. question tho? is the place haunted?
Depends on who you ask really, though I'm sure the majority of people will tell yo its haunted. there are padded cells, old photo records of very disturbed patients, a completely open elevator shaft, autopsy tables, and the place also has a morgue. so yeah, haunted or not, certain areas on the grounds can be REALLY creepy. Though I'm never really affected by superstitions and whatnot, so places like this don't effect me like I'm sure it does to others. personally, it wouldn't even really phase me to roam the halls alone at night(not that I ever plan to, lol) *shrug*

we are going to go back to get lots more pics.
Great shots man, were the books you used as props also left behind in that abandoned place? Tongue
Yup, sure were. We're going back today for a few shots in the morgue (which we haven't found yet, honestly) and as excited as I am, I'm scared witless of going into the morgue, haha. Ghostbusters is my favorite movie, but I don't really know to what degree I believe in the paranormal. That said I love survival horror and movies along those lines, and they have a definite influence on how creepy an abandoned crazy house will be to a person.

I still think I need a lot of work as a photographer, but I'm not so modest I think these shots suck. My favorites are the book ones and the shots from the roof where the low wall goes off into the distance. The one with Deemer in the chair in the hallway was particularly scary, as my back was to a dark, foreboding hallway that was full of hanging lights and peeling paint. To say I get the creeps in this place is an understatement, but it sure as hell doesn't deter me!

Deemer is truly a braver soul than I, that's for sure. He had to leave me once to get a component for the costume he forgot, and I sat for about three minutes by my self by the front entrance to the building... a huge, open lobby with a glass entrance flanked by check-in stations, all the wired glass shattered. The lobby was all marble sheet over concrete, and a good portion of it was missing. You could really get a feel for how busy and alive this place once was, and it really started to get under my skin. I think I was never as glad to see Deemer as I was when he came back with what he had forgotten.

So today we're going to reshoot some of the blurry shots (including the creepy hallway one I mentioned... eeeehhh...) and get some shots we were too worn-out to get to, like the morgue. It should be interesting since there aren't any good light sources down there. Figures.

The rest of the day is going to be general exploring, and seeing the rest of the grounds that we missed the last couple times we went.
Niiice! Who's your photographer?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24