The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Teh interesting PHL-related news stub thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(11-27-2012, 12:20 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]
[Image: 483432_10151176807208382_139421742_n.jpg]

Oh, for fuck's sake. Isn't that bastard still supposed to be behind bars?
(11-26-2012, 03:16 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]I seriously feel like not voting the next election.

Not voting will makes the votes of idiots more important, so you should still vote.
(11-27-2012, 02:58 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-26-2012, 03:16 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]I seriously feel like not voting the next election.

Not voting will makes the votes of idiots more important, so you should still vote.

I still will, of course. I don't want to waste mine.
I only said that because of all the shit happening in local politics lately.
(11-27-2012, 02:58 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]

there will be always be more idiots than those who aren't.
Here's your daily dose of idiocy and misleading leadership:
http://entertainment.inquirer.net/69823/...fe-message

Comments are golden, as always.

Quote:CBCP endorses a movie about vampires and werewolves but days before they asked catholic schools not to hold halloween parties?
Quote:the faggots in CBCP forgot to mention if they are team edward or team jacob.
LOL
Quote:dont forget that the werewolf plans to mount bella's daughter at the ripe age of... SEVEN. yeeeha, pro-life!
Shooting between security personnel and armed robbers inside SM Megamall.

It's unconfirmed yet but they're saying that the gunmen took advantage of the anime convention going on upstairs by disguising themselves as anime characters. They're also disallowing people from entering the mall premises at the moment.

EDIT - nope, they weren't dressed in costumes. The suspects were dressed normally.
While I hope this does improve mall security, I do hope people don't overreact about the cosplay disguises used by the culprits.

If you think about it even at a convention a cosplay costume doesn't exactly remove attention from you it just lessens it. They really would have been better of wearing normal clothes. And they would be rather stupid to try it again.

I also hope no civilian and officer got hurt. The article didn't seem to have info on any casualties if any.
I'm wondering how those armed robbers managed to get through. I've always thought the security checks before you enter the was was a bit excessive.
I was managing a booth with a community there and we got sealed off in Megatrade Hall 1 during the event.
(01-26-2013, 09:53 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering how those armed robbers managed to get through. I've always thought the security checks before you enter the was was a bit excessive.

imho, because of the ongoing anime convention, the guards were lax thinking whatever weapons they see are just props. which is pretty stupid.

@atdsutm
saw you there, but my puny voice didn't catch your attention XD didn't try to play coz from the looks of it, most of the players were pros/really good/would obliterate me in three seconds Tongue
I was there right before it happened at around 7 PM. I was in a shop in 3rd floor Mega A then I suddenly saw and heard people running. Curious, I looked outside and saw faces in panic. Then I heard the shutters of the stores closing one by one. Then I started to head for the exit to the parking. I got out right before they locked down the entrances, and went down and out through the fire exit.

A bit of a harrowing experience.
It's easy for them to be lenient because there is hasn't been any alerts up. I don't mind me being told to unpack my stuff for inspection because I know that the security's doing their job right.

Security guards are a mall's first line of defense. Their presence is not enough. If they're too lax, it will only escalate from that incident. We've already had a few in the past and there could be some undocumented ones as well.

And we're glad everybody at Mega was mostly unhurt.
Me and my brother got locked inside.

They were trying their best to make the con-goers outside stay in the megatrade halls for awhile during the commotion.

Later, everybody was ordered to be evacuated and pass the fire exit.
Man shot dead in front of bank in San Juan

Akala ko ba may gun ban ngayon? Anong ginagawa ng mga pulis para ma-enforce yang mga announcement nila? Wtf
May makakalusot at makakalusot. There are over a hundred caught violating the gun ban already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9