The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: LR: Game Balance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
cluster missile can get a major faceliftt

[Image: oldcluster.jpg]

i hate it that the missile must go up high into heaven in order to deal piss inaccurate damage

it should function like

[Image: newcluster.jpg]

so even technoviking would be hopefully be pleased
I think something like the Self-forging Fragment Submunitions (SFFS) or Stand-Off Dispenser (SOD) from ace combat would be much better.
i also want to discuss about weapons and their respective "roles" in the game

for example what AST intended to do for rifles, what the difference between normal laser rifle and "dual" laser rifles? are both of these designed to deal faster damage?

which gun is better in dealing close range damage shotguns or machine guns in general and we know flame thrower is a shorter but more stronger version of this?

what does each weapon intend to do or the reason you will equip it and what are its consequences?

edit:
Futen color change to pinkish red
edit: ill just compile everything on my first post
Theoretically, is it possible to mod the game? I saw a thread over at Alucard where someone requested some freeware to mod 3 or Silent Line.
adiyel claimed it was possible.
he didn't claim it he's making it possible!!! We're not worthy
Where's my demo?
(11-06-2010, 05:06 PM)atdsutm Wrote: [ -> ]cluster missile can get a major faceliftt

[Image: oldcluster.jpg]

i hate it that the missile must go up high into heaven in order to deal piss inaccurate damage

it should function like

[Image: newcluster.jpg]

so even technoviking would be hopefully be pleased

you are so friggin right on that one... i wish i could do that, but i'm sure i can't...
@ adiyel: You know, it may be possible to paste the hydra2 stats over the cluster missiles, but leave the bomb cluster as the final "projectile".
Problem is, the primary characteristics of the cluster missile are programmed into its effect file, and I dont know how to change it, let alone where it is...
bumping
alright guys, so i was thinkin last night, and i came to the conclusion that, after a bunch of DPS calculations, that AST rifles really got shafted for the most part...

with the exception of the GAST (which really just needs a standard window), AST rifles have poor DPS and battle rifles have high DPS! this is nonsense. it's really all due to (in Crest's case) the low mag capacity, low ATK, and long mag reloads. the small decrease in firing interval doesn't make up for all the time that's accumulated from a 100+ frame mag reload.

here are some things i wanted to do: a) reduce the firing int. to 18 or so on the Crest AST's, and/or b) increase the mag capacity by 2-5 rounds, and/or c) reduce the mag reload. what are you guy's thoughts on that?
I suggest further differentiating AST rifles from each other for the sake of having unique weapons with their own purpose and effective range. This assumes that you leave the current weight, muzzle velocity, and accuracy values alone:

MOLD - WS lock. ROF 14 (same as handguns).

76RA (and HITEN)- Ammo increased to 200, Mag reload decreased to 60, ROF 20.

84RA2 - ROF 14, mag reload increase to 150

GAST - ST lock, maybe ROF of 17? Mag cap increase to 20.

05RLA - Increase ammo to 90 or Increase ammo to 75, but reduce mag reload to 90. ROF should be around 25-27 in either case.

This way, you've got your 76RA as your all rounder, lots of ammo but with heavy weight. RA2 as your long range, fire-from-cover AST rifle that works better at longer distances compared to close range. GAST becomes your close range AST rifle. While the MOLD becomes a hybrid MG/HG. Special mention for the RLA for being too heavy.

Essentially you've got a long range, high damaging weapon (RA2) that have lower overall DPS versus moderate damaging midrange weapons with higher rate of fire and DPS (GAST), and an easy to use rapid fire close range weapon (MOLD) that is only effective at CQ ranges. Think of the MOLD as a high-cap handgun with a higher ammo count, bridging the gap between AST HGs and true AST rifles. And then you've got a weapon that's good all around, but is pretty heavy (RA).

These aren't exact figures though, and may still need tweaking, but my theory is sound I hope.

What do you think? Tongue
my only concerns are

MOLD conflict with handguns and MGs

and RLA i think may need 5-6 clips in addition to your changes.

but i kinda like rick's idea of just simply improving the lower end or inferior parts.

i also dont forget on nerfing those ridiculous parts (shade, H3 etc...............)
Pages: 1 2 3 4