The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: LR: Modifying ACLR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
oh wow, a lot to reply to...

@NiX
yeah, i think they intentionally did that as a way to thwart hackers...about the stat editor, basically i could try to get a guy at ffhacktics.com to make a simple program to modify parts of AC.BIN or i could pursue that myself, but the problem is the compression. if i can get around that, a stat editor would be my first line of business.

@atdsutm
i actually didn't change the maneuverability stat of the micros, i just changed (lessened) their ability to predict enemy movements and tightened their spread...there really are a lot of ways you can make missiles more accurate.

@medusa0
i know, right? bet you'd like to see a redone HYDRA as well, right? btw, since the way LR handles the stealth mechanic, i decided to make it so that the 'stealth missile' became 'hi speed missile' instead. i think that this would be good for them as currently stealth does nothing to lessen how much an CAMS shoots them down like it did in SLAC

@Goat
you aint said nothing but a word...remade SILKY on the list for the next installment. done. nationwide is on your side...

PS
i do have to be careful since a new NIX is on the way, new SILKY means that DAEMON might rip me a new @$$. also, i would like to inform you that FROM actually was testing out a back-mounted general ammo pod (i'm gonna try to reinsert it into the game) and the STEALTH extension (its probably not the stealth from SLAC, but an extension that hides you from the enemies' radars); i want to reinsert both of these to see what they were tinkering with

Snky

search 'sneakyecore' on youtube..... -facepalm-
search 'crabblemunch' .... video posted 2009

-SnkyJ, i did this two years ago. with a better video.
Really great stuff in the vids. But what'd be even better is if you could share how you did it so that the rest of Armored Core community can make use of it too.
I just hope you actually dug up the innards of the game. If it's just gameshark stuff, we don't need that.
i was waiting for a reply! sure this is actually internals NOT cheat device stuff like i think Snky had done. i also put up the OB start-up heats. i think WinHex will let me record sessions, so maybe i'll do that so as to show you guys this is actually legit...
Looking forward to it Tongue. I can't wait to get some badly needed durability tweaks on hovers and fixing the defense balance on arms (LORIS, LEMUR2). I'd hope to see underused parts get buffs instead of nerfing the currently good ones.
No doubt on your part, Adiyel. Smile
@snky's vids. basic gameshark stuff.
just make every part useful, cant wait to get this game going
We ought to update the rebalance thread too, there should be a lot more stuff that needs changing besides the obvious points that we have on there right now.
not really a lot of people post there

and im still thinking on how to balance the weaker sniper rifles and laser blades :p
yo atdsutm, if you get any ideas, put it in the re-balance thread as i'm doing some re-balancing now. also as of right now, i'm compiling the next edition of my LR hack; this one will include (hopefully, if i can pin-point which targeting flag is the cannon-restrict one - i'll try them all) biped accessible cannons, and some re-balancing across all part types - from optionals all the way to arm weapons.

EDIT
the only way to balance blades is to reintroduce AC2-era blade tracking
AC1-era air-blade tracking

warp blading Big grin

anyways im putting all of the AC parts stat on an excel (just to track changes and compare stats easier.)
Is there a way for you to get rid of speed bonuses due to underweighing?

That thing really has to go.
(05-02-2011, 06:10 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way for you to get rid of speed bonuses due to underweighing?

That thing really has to go.

it does! well, i don't think i can, at least not directly...

the game thinks of it like this:
>insert [leg weight] into equation...
>>insert [max leg weight] into equation...
>>>insert [boost power] into equation...
...you get [absolute speed]
>subtract 'x' speed for 'y' weight added on top of legs...

with 'x' being multiples of one, and 'y' being a number determined by some ratio involving leg weight, max leg weight, and boost power (NOT boost speed); most equations in LR are non-linear (in order to eliminate the chance to create an AC with so much DEF that it can't be damaged by a FINGER bullet, or an AC so slow his boost speed hits the single digits)

the only leg category that abuses this flawed mechanic is the midweight biped (and possibly the light RJ), specifically the ones that weigh less than 1900 weight. the way to combat this is to set a flexible floor on midweight biped leg weights, with the lowest being DINGO2 at 1880 (as it does have lower max leg than most others, but i still think it needs to be lowered again!)

basically, if an AC's (max leg weight) / (leg weight) ratio is about 3:1 or higher, with max leg weight being at least 5500, then you start having speed issues (and by issues, i mean you rape the system)

MW biped legs like S3 and heavies (excluding FA) have a hard time taking advantage of this mechanic, as do LW's since they tend to have such low max leg, and the ones that don't tend to be heavier than some mids Facepalm tanks practically are exempt from this rule as the amount of excess leg weight needed to gain speed is ridiculous! the mechanic is acceptable for quads, hovers, heavy RJ, HW and LW bipeds i guess.

have you got a hold of more data on the hidden stats, i want to see the core AMS ranges

and are you able to see the core ams response angles and ranges for extension AMS weapon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11