The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: LR: Modifying ACLR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
alright, sorry for the delays, but i tested out my first installment of my hack, and it looked awesome...from the menu screen that is. i wondered why everything went back to normal when i went int battle, so i did some searching. it turns out, the reason LR has more parts than SL but still loads it menu and mission phases faster, is due to a different file format. the .BIN file that contains all the ac related info has several gfx and control files placed in it. the field stat libraries as i call them (fsliblzs), contain all the combat related info, such as 3d model, picture, behavior, etc. thats the reason for the delay.

for any given right arm weapon, i have to make alterations in 5 different areas spread across a 519 MB file, wherein only two are in the same format (i.e. no copy paste). the first release of the hack will only contain 1 weapon of each main type (rifle, AST rifle, sniper, shotgun, mg, laser rifle, etc.) as a debug to evaluate how changes should be made. a video should be up with some changes in a few days.

thanks for your patience.
What a pain. Sad

Well great job, man. No need to rush.
that fact that you're making the mod but works of arts like this should not be rushed! ahaha good luck and we hope for the best.

we'll just be here cheering you on ( hope that helps XD )
i would suggest that changes should just help balance out unused parts, and nerf overpowered ones to open up new design/strategies ideas rather than drastically changing the entire metagame of LR by overhauling the entire part set.
bumping
There's no need to bump threads here since they've been categorized enough (unlike gamefaqs) not to get foreshadowed by the others.

Other than that, I just kind of bumped the thread too. Rofl
alright guys, i haven't forgot about you all. i just found something that i can record both video and audio (needed, as there will be quite a bit of explanation), and the prelim hack has been done for a while. i just need some time to record and upload to my youtube account. suffice to say, there is a bunch of good news and some seriously bad news. the bad news, however, might be surmountable if someone on the boards can recognize some file types or has any knowledge of the compression algorithms that the PS2 uses.
Try PS2DEV? Not quite helpful, I know.
yeah, PS2DEV seems to always be down...

but the good news is that i am currently uploading the videos now (finally...). they will be set as responses to one another, and there are a total of three.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8v-qgGbM0E

i really didnt know that i had a bit of a country accent...
cant see the vids clearly

and i also lost my AC parts excel with most of my proposed changes >_<
OMG actual progress. This is AWESOME, dude. I'm actually just halfway through the first vid. edit: It's funny that messing with the stats messes up the 3D models. Oh FROM. Tongue
Sweet, missiles actually homing in on their targets instead of hitting the floor. Hopefully you can get the bugs ironed out! Woot
Awesome! I await the revenge of SILKY!
i actually dont like the "improve" maneuverability of the micros, but i like how they are more designed not to hit the ground.

i suggest keeping "big" changes into a minimum while keeping the metagame steady.

but anyways good jobBig grin
Hey Adiyel, will there be a way to implement a simple stat editor where we can change weapon/part stats without having to dig into the game's guts?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11