The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Rizal Park Hostage Bullshit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Police training:

[Image: 150274324-1f544903be9fe9a549a6d043ef3753...8-full.jpg]
What I find funny is that both of them look like doc from behind.
(08-23-2010, 09:27 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Police training:

[Image: 150274324-1f544903be9fe9a549a6d043ef3753...8-full.jpg]

OMG TWO WIN POSTS BY SFORZA.

YOU NEED TO BE REWARDED.

ALSO, ALL OF THIS BEFORE MY BDAY! LOLOLOL.
(08-23-2010, 09:02 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-23-2010, 08:59 PM)arch_angel Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, pnp, ever heard of the word SNIPER? when it still wasn't raining, a clear shot wouldve been so much more possible from a myriad of angles as the bus was in the freaking middle of a wide open area.

Er. Heavy curtains and he knew there were snipers around the bus so he had an idea where they could shoot from. He even demanded that snipers be removed earlier.

Well the guy WAS a disgraced cop, meaning he has at least a basic idea of how such ops work.

What seems to WTF is that he took a bus full of hostages to demand his old job back.

Makes me wonder just how far gone this dude was before he event set foot in Luneta. Ermm
Tapos na yata.

Quote:The Red Cross said four hostages had survived

Quote:At least four of the 15 hostages were killed, and one was critically wounded,

Sniper asan ka na.
[Image: 24phils-span1-popup.jpg]
i really wanted to say this

WHERES YOUR GOD NOW PHILIPPINES?
Good insight from another forum.

Godfather;812952 Wrote:Hindsight is 20-20.

Everyone's a critic.

And every spectator is an expert.

Yes the police looked inept, incapable and poorly trained, seemingly reluctant to engage the enemy. But if you were being paid poor wages, with your benefits always hanging in the balance, would you be so quick to risk your life? Even if you do not fear for your own life, what about your family? Who will feed them?

I think we should take it a little easier on the cops. Who's to say that if they had handled the situation differently, even more hostages or perhaps all hostages wouldn't have been killed?

Being a policeman in the Philippines is NOT a career. It is merely a way to earn a living, no different from all of us employees. There is no sense of honor or civic responsibility, it is hard to afford such things when your children are hungry. And you see your superiors with mansions and mistresses. It is hard not to get dirty or stinky when you work in a pigsty.

I agree with Rockophoria's comments above. Until the police as an institution is professionalized, and the ranks made more honorable, we will continue to have these glorified rent-a-cops.

But in the meantime, let's not demonize these brave few who had M-16 rounds whiz pass their heads, while ALL OF US were just watching them got shot at on TV, in the comfort and safety of our homes.

I don't agree 100% but I can see where it's coming from.
ditto said pretty much what I had in mind

with this and the torture scandal if our pres doesn't take action he will loss cred XX
@NiX

I still can't agree with that perspective. When my family got into serious trouble a couple of years ago, PACER did a pretty damn good job of getting my dad back alive. They're police officers, and they certainly work on a similar salary as most other cops.

What's the excuse of the SWAT team that stormed the bus?
Hmm. can't agree with what that article said as well. so since they are poor cops they don't have to risk their lives for people who have NO means of defending themselves?(tourists) who have ZERO training? who don't have any weapons whatsoever?

imho the moment they signed up for that, they have to realize that they will inevitably have to get into situations like that and that they have to eventually put their lives on the line-regardless if the have family or not. it's their responsibility to tell their family "hey i'm a cop, I will have to risk my life once in a while". The cops have guns, not for show or for a symbol of authority, but for the reason that they will eventually have to pull the trigger when the lives of the people they are supposed to protect are on the line. being untrained, under equipped, or even unfit is NOT an excuse.

tbh, my mom said the exact same thing to me last night. Although I agree that it's hard to say anything when you are in your couch being comfy, the article reeks of the "malasakit" mindset that is spoiling the people in this country, and has really failed us since it was conceptualized. To be able to reall get things moving in this country, a bit of harshness and bravado is SO needed for the people who have been basking in their freedom for too long.
Like I said, I don't agree with it either. I'm just pointing out a different perspective.
Would it have been possible for snipers to get thermal vision then snipe IF THEY HAD THE EQUIP? *just curious* >>> COD MW2 thermal SNIPE SNIPE?

Hopefully something shitty as this would lead to investigation in POLICE CORRUPTION/WTF BUDGET ALLOCATION/SHITFUCK TRAINING >>> better police?
@NiX

There's another problem with the posted argument. It asserts that it's exactly because the police are poorly paid that they act unprofessionally.

The problem works both ways - nobody is willing to transfer more money to an organization that's acting professionally as well. Would you want to give an incompetent employee a raise, for example?

It's a chicken or the egg argument, but I admit I have bias for the latter argument - if they want better salaries, then they should act professionally first.
That cop should've gone vigilante instead.
Ipapahiya pa nya yung buong bansa.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7