The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Frakkin Flood n' Rain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This was inside a subdivision, Jake?

Damn. I was at Makati when that happened and the building I used to work in had a storm drain build right behind it that I'm pretty sure is connected to the storm drain that goes to where your house is.

I wasn't expecting it to hit that area that hard but after wading through floodwater near Bel-aire subdivision...
(09-29-2009, 06:12 AM)Trace-02 Wrote: [ -> ]This was inside a subdivision, Jake?

Damn. I was at Makati when that happened and the building I used to work in had a storm drain build right behind it that I'm pretty sure is connected to the storm drain that goes to where your house is.

I wasn't expecting it to hit that area that hard but after wading through floodwater near Bel-aire subdivision...

Yes, it was and yes, it was probably connected. You've been to my house. Even I still find the idea of flooding there quite abnormal. It's simply never happened before. I guess that's how bad the rains were.
I find it odd, how people in the north/northeastern regions of NCR didn't have as much rain, or at least, flooding, as we did.

I think it was the sudden release of water from the dam, if they did let some water out, that contributed to the sudden rise of water. I saw someone on TV around 8am saying that they only released water from Anggat Dam, which would have only affected (batangas or bulacan, I forgot basta it starts with B ), the few cities in said place that had the Pasig River through them. Oddly, he never mentioned the other places that the Pasig River goes through.

Plus the Mikey-in-the-Liquor-section scandal, and the Madame President not-so-active about this, plus the report about where the 'emergency fund' went, which should have helped out a lot for this instance.

I wonder what'll happen after the recovery from the deluge. Perhaps someone will point something at the Arroyos and their cohorts, which would be fun to watch. That would be the premiere of the n-th season of the best reality show in Philippine TV.
just got home from the hospital... thanks for the stupid flood..

here's some pics of UST.. (taken by my classmate.. they were stranded INSIDE CAMPUS for 1 day.. good thing i didn't go to school.. XD)

BTW.. that was before the rain around 7-9am(before they announced that class was suspended).. I heard it was far worse while raining..

[Image: 9717_141508962770_604967770_2600845_7985157_n.jpg]

[Image: 9717_141508967770_604967770_2600846_7744481_n.jpg]

[Image: 9717_141508972770_604967770_2600847_6299039_n.jpg]

just wanna show you the kid swimming.. sawsaw.. LOL

[Image: 9717_141508987770_604967770_2600850_7811706_n.jpg]

[Image: 9717_141508992770_604967770_2600851_4855059_n.jpg]
Oh and I wasn't able to make it to ABS-CBN, they left without me. Rotarians. =/
(09-29-2009, 11:03 AM)azuriel07 Wrote: [ -> ]here's some pics of UST.. (taken by my classmate.. they were stranded INSIDE CAMPUS for 1 day.. good thing i didn't go to school.. XD)

omfg. It looks like Venice Ninja
Whew. I'm finally back online.

Makati area was hit relatively mildly compared to other areas in NCR.

I decided to go home from CSB amidst the rain. It was the first time I've seen my place flood like it did.
After effectively saving my house. I decided to help out in the relief ops in ADMU since my sister was there too.

I had to go through chest-deep waters and suffer a bunch of cuts which aren't that bad to get home.

Damn, I was lucky.
All I have to say is that I am relieved all of you and your loved ones are generally alright and that everyone escaped serious harm. Those pictures are just crazy.
I kept on calling Raffy on his mobile (His Mom's actually), and there's always someone answering (My Load! D: ) but our connection always seems to get cut off before anyone gets the first word across. So I don't know if it's Raffy on the line, his bro, or his folks.

I texted twice with no replies.
I know we're still reeling from Ondoy's foray into Luzon, but...

http://www.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/

Quote:Synopsis : At 2:00 p.m. today, Tropical Storm {PARMA}(0917) was estimated based on satellite and surface data at 1,280 kms East of Mindanao (8.0°N, 139.0°E) with maximum sustained winds of 65 kph and gustiness of up to 80 kph. It is forecast to move West Northwest at 11 kph.

Oh fuck.

Ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves.

I strongly urge my fellow ravens to keep an eye on PAGASA's forecast on this next storm.
I understand that some RR members have had the opportunity to help out with the organized efforts. Updates on those fronts?

I think there's also been a lack of emphasis on areas other than Cainta and Marikina, such as many parts in Laguna and Muntinlupa, that were also hit pretty badly.
I'm kinda assigned to the Cainta area right now... Unfortunately, it's a little difficult to get there because of the soil that was washed along with the floodwater. My aunt says it's difficult to get there unless you have a 4x4 van...
My friend who lives in Cainta (near the Pasig border) is still stuck until now, and it's still flooded. It's good that they had enough food, but she says all efforts to reach their village by anything other than boat have failed so far.
LSGH has it fine. The suspension of classes until Friday gives more time for volunteers to do their work. There's actually quite a lot of volunteers to help out in various places. There was even a bus load of people from Ateneo who helped out in loading goods in the truck. One of them was an acquaintance from college, and she mentioned they were sent to La Salle to help out because there were already too many volunteers in Ateneo de Manila. I also heard from a radio broadcast that there are an adequate number of volunteers in various relief centers, but goods and donations are needed much more.

We loaded relief goods to various vehicles from flatbed trucks, army trucks, and even regular vans, all headed to various relief centers for distribution. The flatbed trucks in particular were headed for Camp Aguinaldo for air-lifting to areas still impassable due to floods. Like what the news said, there's an overabundance of used clothing and we need more food and water at the moment. The canteen beneath the gymnasium looks like a warehouse with various clothes sorted into various categories.
My mom's currently helping out my aunt clean up her house in Makati. Sad to say, but, all I can do right now is watch over my siblings.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10