The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Ghost Stories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(03-25-2009, 08:20 PM)azuriel07 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2009, 05:56 PM)grimweld09 Wrote: [ -> ]@everyone-buti pa kau nakaranas na ,ako............................................
hinde pa Sad kahit gustuhin ko ng makakita or makaramdam wala pa rin

kelan ba ko makakakita ?Angel

tol... ang mga katulad nio ndi tinatablan ng multo... kasi nga "naligtas na... KAYOH!!" XD

iba talaga pag may spaceship Angel LOL
pardon the necro, but to keep things in one place, here is one of my stories:

this one our old maid told to us. this happened when i was still in elementary. it was a normal afternoon when she heard someone knocking on our gate. she recognized the voice to be my grandmothers. so she went to open the gate, but first she had to unlock the screen door. after she did this tho, the person at the gate was gone. this happened around 4pm. later that night we found out my grandmother on the father's side died in a hit and run accident. she was on her way to visit us like always. she died around 3pm. the driver was never caught.

one night during her wake my sister smelled burning candles in her room. she didnt pay much attention until she felt someone was in the room with her. she looked around but found no one, so she resumed combing her hair. then after a while she felt someone brushing her hair and she saw her hair was actually flowing. she ran out terrified. thing is, whenever my grandma stayed over, she usually combs my sister's hair.

there was also one time where i woke up in the middle of the night. i tried waking my mom up to coz i peed the bed but she wouldnt. then i heard someone calling me. so i looked to my left and there sitting on the edge of the bed was my grandma. she was waving her hand and calling me to her. [im getting goosebumps just remembering it] completely terrified i ducked back into my still wet sheets -.- while i dont remember much about her, my mom says i was really fond of my grandma when i was a kid. actually she was very fond of our family, she rarely stayed over at my other aunt's and uncle's houses, but she visited us almost weekly.

for quite a few years our family would have these kinds of experiences. there was even a time when a mailman was answered by old lady at noon. the guy waited but when no one came to take the mail he left. thing is, no one was home that day. there is also a similar story but except an old lady answered the phone when no one was at home. and finally, a few years ago my sister saw an old lady sitting on our sofa. she was up very late reviewing for her board exam. a lot of times tho, especially near her birthday, all souls day, or her death anniversary, we would feel a presence in the house. usually accompanied with the smell of sampaguita and candles.

over the years tho and after many many mass offerings and prayers the visitations became less frequent. a few years ago my mother told me she had a dream where my grandma talked to her and that she was finally at rest now.

i have other stories, but i'll tell them later.

@Fox
it is now later. so what about that bridge?
My grandmother [the eldest of three sisters, the youngest is the lola I usually rant about.] in my mother's side of the family died on the 7th of September and every year on her death anniversary, it would smell like roses here at home.

The last person to see that grandmother was my baby brother, and that was during her wake, in the room I'm using now.

Oh. when talking about entities, ghosts, dead people and such, the least of our worries is a necro'ed post.
Haha really great stories, guys. I appreciated the posts. Thanks for sharing. Smile
(09-01-2011, 07:10 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]@Fox
it is now later. so what about that bridge?

Ahhh, yes. Now, i remember. The story was told to me by an old friend several summers ago during my last summer vacation home from college.

There exists a bridge in Ilocos Sur that is said to be haunted by not one ghost but an entire funeral procession of them. Located on a stretch of road between mountains, motorists are advised to be wary when going across the bridge past the stroke of midnight. It is said that travelers approaching the bridge are sometime flagged down by an old man (or young woman, in certain versions of the tale), asking for a ride to a nearby barrio. This person then climbs in, sitting quietly and staring straight ahead. Upon arriving at the bridge, the occupants of the vehicle are then advised by their new passenger to stop and shut down the headlights.

Those who disregard this will soon find that the passenger has disappeared once they arrive at the other side of the bridge. Those who pay heed, however, behold something just as unsettling. Soon afterward, a line of spectral figures are said to emerge, clad in clothes of mourning, the ones in the middle bearing a casket upon their shoulders, all of them shuffling towards the bridge.

The travelers are then warned to not leave their vehicle or to proceed and attempt to overtake the funeral procession. Eyewitnesses claim that the ghosts appear normal enough at first sight, except for the fact that their feet are not touching the ground. They can only watch in silence as the procession slowly makes it way forward. Only after the spirits have reached the other side of the bridge are the vehicle's occupants told that they are now allowed to resume their journey. Upon reaching the other side, they then discover that their passenger is no longer with them, having silently disappeared.

The fate of those who choose to disobey the warnings differ from tale to tale. Some are said to lose control of their vehicle and plunge to their doom after falling off the bridge, while others become lost in the mountains, never to be heard from again. In the end, the common ground between the various stories is that, in the afterlife, these people end up joining the funeral procession themselves.

I've asked around about the bridge's exact location but so far, nobody has been able to provide a decent answer, not even the old-timers in my hometown. Some say that the bridge is somewhere between the the towns of Sinait and Cabugao while others maintain that it is between Bantay and Narvacan. Local rumor has it that, most of the time, public transports such as buses and jeepneys are visited by this apparition but there also existing claims that private vehicles have also been boarded.

Nowadays, sightings are few and far in between. Still, reports are heard every now and then of vehicles suddenly losing power and dying down in the vicinity of the bridge. Small children have been known to become inexplicably silent and dogs and other animals go quiet when in the area. Even now, motorists are wary of venturing out on those roads in the dead of the night.
Ohmy
Hahaha Fox's story is definitely shitbrick worthy.
This is one of those moments where I don't want to be alone. LOL
Hahaha when I was looking at the message board overview and I saw that Goat was the last poster here, I thought I read "Goat Stories" LOL
What the fucking fuck, how is this related to ghosts???
(09-03-2011, 07:04 AM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]What the fucking fuck, how is this related to ghosts???

Tree/wall climbing goat > Drop on you horn first > On your head > You die > You turn in to a ghost

Your question should be: how is it not related?
Someone hold me.Tears
(05-01-2012, 04:36 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone hold me.Tears

Be careful of what you wish for...Domo
there are things best kept in thought when it comes to these forums. LOL

be warned for what you say can haunt you specially in the presence of fox and hanna to name a fewLOL
Pages: 1 2 3 4