The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Spyder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
EYE3 0,0,3,6,0
/UL 0,0,4,6,0
SL 0,3,4,3,0
MONITOR 0,0,6,4,0
GULL 0,0,1,9
F73H
LOTUS 0,8,2
ANANDA 0,0,10
-
-
GERYON
-
R2
R3
-
69H

Amino, ES, Kissyoh, L+, Codon, Golgi, R+, Marishi

I wanted to make a quad that didn't have the GL and the LF71. Monitor isn't bad at all!
Now I remember your other design which had the G91/GULL and that configuration would massively benefit this design because of its EN weapon component if only the weight and cooling would permit it. But the stats-to-weight ratio of the MONITOR pales in comparison to the much overused LF71.

Have you tried underweighing other quad legs that might end up having a similar performance to a fully equipped MONITOR?
Well let's see, the only really good Quads are LF71, Lizard, and A2. I wanted to just stop using those whore legs hahah. But actually if you carefully look at Monitor stat per stat, you'll see that it ain't so bad. I'd even say that it's a decent alternative to LF71. And... I'm not so fond of underweighting. Tongue

Energy isn't really in short supply because the geryon is usually just fired while walking. Big grin
Major update for this design:

S2 (0,0,5,5,0)
UL2 (0,0,5,5,0)
XS (0,0,5,5,0)
MONITOR (0,0,6,4,0)

GULL (0,0,2,8)
F73H
LOTUS (0,7,3)
ANANDA (0,0,10)

-
-
GERYON
69RA
R2
R3
-
-

AMINO, ES, KISSYOH, L+, CODON, GOLGI, HISTON, MARISHI

Faster, more AP, better radar, more EP, more stability, all for a little less defense. Looks much prettier now too.
I have to disagree that those are the only good quad legs. 1 lw with heavy en def and 2 heavies that are used much much too often because of their stats.

Monitor is a good rounded leg set for a lightweight quad.

With this design, I'd say that you should use Macaque instead of SL. SL just isn't very good.

I'm kinda partial to LF81.
Uh, see update. EDIT: And date stamp on original post.

Macaque is too drainy for this design. SL is ok once in a while for adding flavor.
only now it looks like one of my own lw quad designs except for a few tunes and a different back cannon.
Everybody seems to have a bot similar to yours. Hahah.
True true, i suppose with a limited supply of parts it's bound too happen real easy.
Oh yah. I really like this guy.

The tunes on Lotus are kinda interesting, but I can roll with it. I've occasionally bumped outta the norm of 10 points in Output. Especially since those last few points always net so little of anything no matter what you tune on any part.

R2/R3 makes a great fallback combo for just about any bad scenario. Dual rifles may not dominate in LR, but they're damn useful. Especially if you can play an air-game. They're some of the best weapons for heavy DFA style models, and a lot of people don't suspect a quad to be capable of DFA. I'm pretty sure this one could do it pretty good, though.

I've always been a Geryon3 fan over Geryon1, but that's cuz I like a single hard hitter like that. I don't think this AC can probably fit a G3 on here, though. G1 is definitely the next best weapon in my eyes and it's really nice and light with great spamability. Great range play on G1+R3.

You might want to consider pocketing a 69H or a Wraith under the R3, though. It allows you to pop an automatic lockbox buff out of nowhere whenever you might feel you need it and it also gives you the ability to play a very hard and fast rushdown/lockdown at the end of a match with huge R2/HG lockbox and damage. It's especially great if you catch your opponent hard landing when they have around 1,000AP left over. It's pretty much GG at that point if you switch to R2/Wraith and DFA.
The old version was sporting a 69H under the R3, as seen in the first post. I think the updated version can fit it too but I just took it for for a biiiiit more speed. I was thinking that it'd encourage me to be more careful with the ammo. May or may not put it back depending on PvP results. Smile

Tactics for this AC: Adaptation. If the opponent is defensive, stay defensive too and spam GERYON from afar. HISTON for extra spammability. If they're aggressive, go head to head using dual rifles while using speed and OB.
Sounds like a good enough strat to me. Especially since Monitor makes you pretty fast. That speed makes it all doable, so I can see why you wouldn't wanna bring along another HG.
Can't start a match too defensively though. Have to get a bit of an AP lead first since this frame starts at less than 8k IIRC.
You know Nix, if you want more cap out of lotus you could always add EC to your optionals.
I realize that, of course. But I figure the other ops are worth more than the one EC. Not really losing that much EP anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3