The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Spyder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That also adds too much Cap to Lotus. One of the best features of Lotus is its low cap. It makes its Genbust time the shortest of the set. If you feel you need more Capacity on Lotus it's best to tune it. Personally, I tune Lotus 100% in Output every time since I like having the smallest Greenzone possible. Redzone recharge is one of the best features of Lotus. You literally cheat for 12,000 Energy.
not rly. it's not a real big deal either way. I just don't like the idea of taking output from lotus and applying it to capacity.
S2 (0,0,5,5,0)
UL2 (0,0,5,5,0)
XS (0,0,5,5,0)
MONITOR (0,0,6,4,0)

GULL (0,0,2,8)
VOLUTE2
LOTUS (0,8,2)
ANANDA (0,0,10)

-
-
GERYON
69RA
R2
R3
-
-

AMINO, ES, KISSYOH, L+, CODON, GOLGI, HISTON, MARISHI

Minor update. LOTUS tuning to (0,8,2) and F73H to VOLUTE2.
Volute 2 may have a bit more range than F73H but the box tends to be a bit small. try Volute instead.
A couple alternate builds:

Defense:
SPIDER (4/0/6/0/0)
EOS (3/0/2/5/0)
XS (0/0/8/2/0)
88A (4/0/6/0/0)
GULL (0/1/9)
LIMPET or F73H
LOTUS (0/9/1)
ANANDA
---
---
GERYON
---
R2
R3

Screens, L+, Codon, Golgi, Histon or Marishi

Mobility:
S2 (0/0/5/5/0)
RAKAN (0/1/6/3/0)
A72F (2/0/2/6/0)
LF71 (0/0/7/3/0) or MONITOR (2/0/5/3/0)
GULL (0/1/9)
LIMPET or F73H
LOTUS (0/9/1)
ANANDA (0/0/10)
---
JIREN (only on LF71)
GERYON
RA
R2
R3

Screens, Kissyoh, L+, Codon, Golgi, Histon, Marishi. On monitor you may want phage instead of kissyoh/histon.

Geryon locks on fast enough to not need volute2. Even though V2 does jive decently with ST and ND it still doesn't give as large of a box as Limpet or F73H. Volute1's box size is even smaller than Volute2's. Don't listen to lionheart.
No it isn't LCC, i use it almost exclusively next to limpet and it give a slightly bigger box that Volute 2, don't listen to LCC, he's just being a prick when it comes to anything i say.
Thanks, LCC. I measured the area and VOLUTE2 turned out bigger than F73H. Definitely for the rifles. But since you brought this all up, I now can't remember if it's also bigger for the GERYON. LOL Will have to measure again later. EDIT: Along with LIMPET.

LH, Volute IS smaller. If there's no SP-lock weapon involved, it always is.
I just used it not a minute ago Nix, and it sure doesn't look smaller to me. but since you seem so taken with his advice then go with that.

I also said that i use Limpet alot. I would use that over volute most of the time.

I'll take some screen shots of each of these set ups.
Ok, these numbers in from lord_leperman: (thanks! I'm in the office. XD)

L x H = Area (in centimeters on Leperman's TV)

Locksizes:

VOLUTE 2
ST + ST = 20 x 22 = 440
ST + ND = 16 x 17.5 = 280

F73H
ST + ST F73H = 25.5 x 15.5 = 395.25
ST+ ND = 22 x 13.5 = 297

LIMPET
ST + ST = 22.5 x 25 = 562.5
ND + ST = 18 x 20 = 360

Ranges -

LIMPET
ST + ST = 306
ST + ND = 310

F73H
ST + ST = 391
ST + ND = 409

VOLUTE2
ST + ST = 345
ST + ND = 429

Conclusion:
LIMPET definitely gives a huge box. But bad range. For the rifles, that's ok. But it hurts the geryon a bit.
F73H and VOLUTE2 are sort of tied. LOL So... my conclusion is that I'm more confused now. FCS choice will depend on how the AC will be played.

EDIT:

VOLUTE locksize
ST + ST = 19.2 x 21.2 = 407.2
ST + ND = 15.7 x 17.5 = 274.75
In case anyone's wondering how I got those numbers, I stuck a ruler on the screen of my TV. I measured the very exterior of the lockbox for uniformity's sake. All those numbers are in centimeters, give or take 1-2 millimeters for the thickness of the lock box borders. The TV is a 32 inch widescreen, but I set the video mode to 4:3 ratio set for SDTVs.

Range was calculated on the moving target test in the AC test option in the garage. I just waited for the target to move out of range and record the last number I saw. I did each range test at least 3 times.
sorry don't do metric well. in inches please
There's no difference, man. The ratios are the same. -_-
Nix,

use what you want to use, it's your bot, and just ignore the rest of us.

I suggest certain parts based on how they work for me when i test the AC in question.

That's like the "2nd ra.... neglected parts" that i use on my AC's. I use them because i feel like it. sometimes i may listen to people and change things, some times i don't.
I appreciate the suggestions. And AC is indeed about personal preference in the end.

But in this case, we're talking about pure performance based on pure stats and hard numbers. And I was only trying to determine which FCS gives the biggest lockbox area for the weapons on hand.
I have a 640x480 screenshot of every lockbox in the game and made this chart with them:
http://armoredcoreuniverse.net/forum/ind...wtopic=240

The width of a lockbox is usually more important than the height since your own ground movement/turning restrict your horizontal aiming more. Just going by box area alone isn't the best idea.

LR's accuracy isn't high enough to expect to hit beyond 310 range. At that point you're just spamming ammo and are just as well off dry firing. Anything higher is for the rare hard land punish or just for keeping track of your opponent if you don't have a good radar. Bigger box size trumps just about everything.
Pages: 1 2 3