The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: FA Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
As R.Leonhardt said, "Kojima" is a special particle that was developed for military use. NEXTs (the new-generation ACs) use Kojima to power up their Primal Armor, which is a force-field of sorts. Kojima have also replaced fossil fuels for a majority of transportation.

Kojima particles have also been incorporated into weapons. Due to the nature of Kojima particles, these weapons are some of the deadliest weapons around, having the ability to destroy a NEXT at full power in 1 shot. It is neither energy nor solid, so there is no possible defense for Kojima weapons. When needed, Kojima particles can be supercharged by the NEXT and released in a glowing spherical explosion around it, called Assault Armor, devastating anything within the vicinity.

Now, as good as Kojima sounds, it has one serious drawback. It itself is harmful to the environment. One may think of it as a powerful but poisonous substance. When left exposed to Kojima, ordinary metal is eaten like acid and biological organisms die due to Kojima Poisoning, hence, it is never used in the presence of those who are unprotected by special vehicles or NEXTs.
Are all these explained in the game?

Btw, you guys go online, right? How's the vs. human games so far with the new regulations? Well balanced? Do you get to see a wide variety of (competitive) designs?
I've been checking out the general response of people on ACO, and it seems the game is generally being accepted better by the majority of the fanbase, unlike AC4. It's still no Silent Line or Last Raven though.
Ah.. Long way to go then. At least so far it's got a better feedback than AC4.
While Kojima wasn't really explained in-game, you'd understand its nature in some missions when you're not allowed to deploy your Primal Armor when you're supposed to defend a residential colony or when you're supposed to guard a plane from approaching enemies. After playing a bit of the game, understanding it comes to you naturally. Although Assault Armor wasn't *really* introduced in AC4, you get an idea about it when the SOMETHING uses it on you.

This is later shown in the opening for AC:FA, and if you've seen the videos of Assault Armor being used, you can see that the lower bar below the energy gets depleted immediately, indicating that your Primal Armor has been depleted. If you look carefully, you can still see a few floating Kojima particles from where the explosion took place.

About online play, from what I've seen, there are lots of balanced parts. Not so many cheap weapons/parts now in the new Regulations. Truth be told, it all depends on the Regulations used. These updates can basically re-write the entire game, such as changing the conditions for success of a previously completed mission. These updates also change many part's specs, sometimes forcing players to change parts entirely due to how it was changed. Remember that I once mentioned the missile launcher SALINE05 was cheap/broken in Regulations 1.00? It pretty much sucks now in Regulations 1.10 since missile tracking has been reduced greatly. As far as Regulations 1.10 goes, everything's all balanced.

BTW, the story's really good too! You become either a savior, a guardian or a mass-murderer in AC:FA.
question the armored forts don't seem to be up to their hype I've seen NEXTs taking these guys out in just a few minutes heck 1 shot kills sometimes.

has this changed or wat?

and any other info on armored forsts would be well appreciated Happy
Arms forts aren't that much. Although if you want to finish them epically,you can destroy its weapons one by one. But yeah. I was disappointed with the way you take them out with even the "butterknife"
^
So says the guy who got hit by 22,000 damage in 1 blast~LOL

Anyway, yeah. While some Arms Forts really aren't much, you still have to keep on your toes because while they move pretty slowly, their single-hit damage packs a huge punch (just like the example I stated above Rofl). Think Gatling Cannon bullets the size of Grenade shells and you get the picture. I'm kinda doubting the 1-shot kills though. AFAIK, no AF can be 1-shot killed.

Some Arms Forts tend to be quite the challenge on some regulations and of course, they're much harder in Hard because of the added elements thrown in. Truthfully, they are pretty hard when you first encounter them, but once you get better parts and weapons, as well as more FRS to tune up your NEXT, the Arms Forts become easier the next time around. Well, its either that or you can ask for help online through the co-op system! Its really cool, because just like mercenaries, you won't know who or what your teamed up with until you enter battle! Just note that not all mission are co-op capable, especially in some missions where the company already provides you an ally. One good thing about those missions is that they provide a list of partners to choose from. These partners of yours take a part of the reward depending on who you're teamed up with. Alternatively, you can choose to go in without a partner to get a higher rank, improve your skill and of course, keep all the funds to yourself! Big grin

In case I haven't mentioned it, you can change regulation files anytime in the game as long as its not within a mission or battle, so in case you want to use a weapon that was cheap/overpowered in the previous regulation (let's say, the SALINE05), you can just change back. This can also be done in both split-screen battles and online multi-player mode, so better watch out when you go online because your current design may not be up to spec with different regulations.
Any news on the US release??? I keep blowing up Gamestop to see when it comes out on their shelves and it's not even in their systems...... *sad panda...*
No news yet AFAIK... I highly suggest you get the Japanese version instead so updates and new Regulations come faster.

New updates in the game:
Improved AI performance. AI enemies are harder than they used to be before the update. Think precision-strikes with dual bazooka arms (and when I say precise, I mean SERIOUSLY precise, and that's with dual bazooka arms!) while firing missiles and shoulder weapons while moving back and curving sidewards at the same time and you get the picture.
That sucks.
welp... i give up..

is there still hope? I mean i dont' see any news about this in any other gaming website let alone updates on the US release date. You think it might be a hoax?
well the news is from a person and there is no official announcement from sega as of yet so it might be a hoax.
I guess this goes to show that PS3's definitely the way to go for AC players... X360 never was that popular in Japan anyway...Huh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21