The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: MGS4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is probably the reason to get a PS3.
MGS3 was the reason why i bought a PS2.

It looks like there will be a REX vs RAY fight! Worship --could be the best mech battle ever...
<a href='http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/movie/tgs2007_mgs4_e.asx' target='_blank'>http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/movie/tgs2007_mgs4_e.asx</a>

eto laruan.
<a href='http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-359' target='_blank'>http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-359</a>
I'm looking forward to the Beauty and the Beast squad full of females in mecha suits. Tongue Though it'll be interesting what Konami's gonna pull off for this installment in the series. Concluding the Snake vs. Snake story arc should have a very climactic and satisfactory ending (unlike Halo 3's which I've seen already).
uum can I ask you guys where to get info on this?

T_T I want a ps3 T_T
<!--QuoteBegin-clonezero+September 20, 2007 05:45 pm--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (clonezero @ September 20, 2007 05:45 pm)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> uum can I ask you guys where to get info on this?[/quote:d29cd15be5]
Google. Gamespot. A ton of other sites. Seriously, it should be an internet rule that one has to Google first before asking "where" questions. Tongue

On a serious note, it's still lingering in the air whether or not we'll eventually see a 360 version. The developers say there won't be one, then the video game community comes up with something a week or so later to refute that, people get all excited, developers refute the claim, and the cycle continues. Hell of a buzz generated in such a short time. But then again maybe that's because Kojima has always been a genius with the amount of information he gives out prior to game release. His in-game shots and sequences chosen for revelation always pose a lot of questions.

Kind of sad that this'll be his last game though. I guess he believes in quitting while you're ahead. And Snake can't stay young forever anyways.
I'm all for porting games for different systems as much as possible (barring hardware limitations that is. You simply can't get the same quality of game-play if say From decides to make an Armored Core port for the SNES, though my imagination says that it can be done while still being fun if it was made like Metal Warriors).

The whole idea of a "system exclusive title" really hurts gamers and game developers and only benefits the console makers IMO. Gamers would often purchase consoles based on their game preference or their game franchise of choice (Square-Enix's Final Fantasy series is one such example, where some people buy consoles based on where the series franchise lands), and game developers are limiting their sales to the market share of a particular console which the game is an exclusive title. The problem is the choice of the gamer to buy a particular system limits his ability to choose titles that are on that particular console because of the varying formats used for games, and game developers would not receive the potential market share from other consoles if they decide to release their game on another console system.

IMO the best compromise for console exclusivity between developers and gamers is for generating exclusive content for particular systems. Splinter Cell is a notable example where all versions from different systems have the same story but have different bonus features and content such as a different extra stages for each port. Resident Evil 4 could be another example, that is if the Game Cube version had more extra content and was released at the same time as the PS2 version. GC's RE4 had better graphics, though has limited space based on the format they had (the GC mini-disk), while the PS2 version had a lot of exclusive extra content with the addition of ADA's scenario which intertwines with the main story and expands on the whole RE4 story as a whole.

Now I'm wondering why the gaming industry hasn't evolved to the likes of the movie industry where there is an agreed, standardized format for movie players (albeit the current competition between blu-ray and HD-DVD formats today) such as VHS and DVD. Console makers would just stick to making their consoles much like how Sony produces DVD players based on an international standard and competes with other DVD players in the market, but all stick to the same universal format. Is the current market setup for games conducive to innovation, or is it setup for major console makers to make a profit?
Well as far as innovation goes, Nintendo seemed to get it right this round. But yeah, console exclusivity sucks.

As for Kojima, I don't recall him saying MGS4 will be his last game. I do recall him saying it would be his last MGS game... Sad
<!--QuoteBegin-NiX+September 21, 2007 11:50 am--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (NiX @ September 21, 2007 11:50 am)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> As for Kojima, I don't recall him saying MGS4 will be his last game. I do recall him saying it would be his last MGS game... Sad [/quote:1584a78c05]
Yeah sorry, that's what I meant.

Console exclusivity sucking major ass has never stopped developers from continuing to produce games that are so, however. Historically games that could have been ported over to different platforms are usually done waaay after they've reached their prime, as just another measure to milk the proverbial cash cow.

<!--QuoteBegin-Lord_Leperman+--><div class='codebox_title'>QUOTE (Lord_Leperman)</div><div class='codebox'><div id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Now I'm wondering why the gaming industry hasn't evolved to the likes of the movie industry where there is an agreed, standardized format for movie players (albeit the current competition between blu-ray and HD-DVD formats today) such as VHS and DVD. Console makers would just stick to making their consoles much like how Sony produces DVD players based on an international standard and competes with other DVD players in the market, but all stick to the same universal format. Is the current market setup for games conducive to innovation, or is it setup for major console makers to make a profit?[/quote:1584a78c05]
Competing formats are simply the effect of competing companies. It's natural that one will want their medium to be the de facto standard, and they'll use any means necessary to achieve it. Sadly this translates most of the time to forcing the people they create products for into their own direction, whether or not that means the person can actually play the games he or she wants to play, and just pacifying them with humanistic marketing techniques and promises of a brighter future for the said medium. Is it sad and a waste of potential market share? Yes it is. But is it legal? Most definitely. As long as Microsoft, Sony, and to a smaller degree, Nintendo, are at each other's throats we won't see the movement towards a universal medium.

But hey, the games industry is still young compared to the movie industry. Only time will tell if the Big Three will put their heads together, or keep bashing them against one another.
The can always rerelease it for the 360, like what they did in MGS2.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,140968...ticle.html

Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming to XBOX 360 a year after its PS3 release.

This is confirmed.

The 360 is starting to look a LOOOOOTTT more attractive.
Damn that is news. After being set on buying the PS3 up until yesterday, I'm now back to being undecided.
Spoiler warning

Rex vs Ray
June 12, 2008. Independence Day. Mark your calendars.
I wish a had a job right now so I could have money so I could buy a next-gen console so I could play MGS4.
Need some money too. Magkano ba ang presyo ng kidney ngayon.

The soundtrack's awesome btw.
I wish I have enough...
theGrim Wrote:...money so I could buy a next-gen console so I could play MGS4.
Pages: 1 2 3 4