Current time: 05-03-2024, 05:47 AM
Dark Souls 2
Gentlemen, let us travel through the abyss together.
(03-24-2014, 11:03 PM)Gradlein Wrote: MM is out this early. Depressing.

EDIT: Also, I switched from dual +10 caestus to dual +5 Blue Flame swords (like my initial idea). I'm still unsure what to imbue it with. Magic? Poison/Bleed? Looking for suggestions.

Dammit, was thinking how to do a dual blue flame sword and if cast delay was affected if you had 2 swords alternating between spells!

Mundane if you have a well rounded stats?
Fuunyaah~
(03-25-2014, 02:34 PM)Hell Heart Wrote:
(03-24-2014, 11:03 PM)Gradlein Wrote: MM is out this early. Depressing.

EDIT: Also, I switched from dual +10 caestus to dual +5 Blue Flame swords (like my initial idea). I'm still unsure what to imbue it with. Magic? Poison/Bleed? Looking for suggestions.

Dammit, was thinking how to do a dual blue flame sword and if cast delay was affected if you had 2 swords alternating between spells!

Mundane if you have a well rounded stats?

Alternating casts between the two swords is just like doing successive casts on one hand. It can confuse an opponent though like when I cast soul greatsword in each hand. The primary reason I dual both swords is so I can buff both of them then powerstance. I have the moveset of dual longswords except R2, which is used for casting.

Currently SL 130. I'm still waiting for the final decision on SL for PVP.

EDIT: I'm loving the swords, really. After buffing both swords, I cast HCSM before approaching then do powerstance L1 (in succession if the first one connects), then finish off with Soul Greatsword if the opponent rolls away. Hahahaha. I have a higher win rate with this than dual caestus but fists just have more style.
[Image: 21.jpg]
Community seems to think SL for PvP is 150. On Gamefaqs and 4chan anyway kek

Also does anyone have a Heide Greatlance? Despite it's horrid move set I'm just practicing with it to get it to work better. Kind of getting there, I'm running 20 INT and 50 FTH for the Black Witch Staff, then alternating between Soul Greatsword on the Staff and Miracles on the Dragon Charm. Then the Lance if needed. And stuffs. boopity.

Heide Greatlance eludes me.
Licia seems godly on NG++ difficulty lmao. Like, one WOTG miracle and I'm already dead wth (i havent tried blocking though). Already been dealing 800-1000 per slash and it seems like I only deal 5-10% of her total health per slash. What.

Is it possible to get the greatlance by burning an ascetic? I'm still getting all the stuff I want/need fully upgraded before jumping onto NG+. Idk if it works if you burn the bonfire in the forkroad to the Shrine of Winter.
Apparently that might work daw. Guess I'm off to spam the Ascetics. Do you know if that resets the

Duo Pursuers

in Drangleic Castle =))? I missed a ring because the other bastard killed me before I could nab it.
Well the Pursuer in Iron Keep will still reappear if you reset the first bonfire, I suppose the same should work for Drangleic Castle.
(03-25-2014, 07:18 PM)Goat Wrote: Licia seems godly on NG++ difficulty lmao. Like, one WOTG miracle and I'm already dead wth (i havent tried blocking though). Already been dealing 800-1000 per slash and it seems like I only deal 5-10% of her total health per slash. What.

Is it possible to get the greatlance by burning an ascetic? I'm still getting all the stuff I want/need fully upgraded before jumping onto NG+. Idk if it works if you burn the bonfire in the forkroad to the Shrine of Winter.

Dual Fists or Caestus will stunlock her to oblivion even if you run out of stamina. She'll keep trying to cast but you'll be able to interrupt her as soon as you get a punch in again. Hahahaha. Not sure if you need the stone ring to do it though since I always have it equipped.
I ended up backstabbing her to death while blocking. I didn't want to do it earlier because I wasn't aware of WOTG being physical. Thanks anyway though. LOL
So you can block WotG 100%? Awesome! I heard it can do up to 2k damage in PVP so knowing it can be blocked is a good thing. Now about Flame Swathe...
(03-26-2014, 05:37 PM)Gradlein Wrote: So you can block WotG 100%? Awesome! I heard it can do up to 2k damage in PVP so knowing it can be blocked is a good thing. Now about Flame Swathe...

Idk about Flame Swathe, unless you have a high-fire resist shield. The Gyrm Greatshield's 100% fire resist might do, I think, although the str requirement is 32.
Dual Dagger run is go.
Ancient Dragon was way harder than Vendrick. I'm just glad I'm done with both of them.

Oh, and PSA: "Gavlan wheel, Gavlan deal!"
(03-30-2014, 02:54 PM)Gradlein Wrote: Ancient Dragon was way harder than Vendrick. I'm just glad I'm done with both of them.

Oh, and PSA: "Gavlan wheel, Gavlan deal!"

I find the Ancient Dragon easier than Vendrick as soon as I understood its pattern and behavior.. Took me a lot of trials and errors though.
Fuunyaah~
The hardest enemies are those two Royal Swordsmen in the small room if you come up from the first Bonfire in Drangleic =))
(03-31-2014, 10:23 AM)Zefyr Wrote: The hardest enemies are those two Royal Swordsmen in the small room if you come up from the first Bonfire in Drangleic =))

Dual Pursuers says hi unless your a caster.. xD
Fuunyaah~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark Souls (aka Project Dark) Twin-Skies 259 353,348 09-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Last Post: zero_kanipan
  Dark Souls 3 Lord_Leperman 4 7,367 08-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Demon's Souls Grim 40 57,859 05-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Mjting
  Ragnarok Princess Of Light And Dark RoninFang 5 10,660 10-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Last Post: RoninFang