Current time: 05-11-2024, 01:57 PM
PACT Regulations for LR
(02-15-2010, 11:39 AM)medusa0 Wrote: Limiting the H3 pistol to the right hand will deny it to be paired with some power weapons (93RL and the SHADE comes to mind.).

Exactly my point.

Roe2 + kawaiisawa: We could try to let this one pass now I guess.
THis one of the least use combinations anyway, plus the restriction limits the kawaiisawa too much.

Lemur2 on tanks: Let this pass as well to at least put the already not very used tanks an edge.
'Signatures are overrated.'
What about LORIS? And LEMUR2 and LORIS on hovers?
Same with them. Hovers are already too soft and vulnerable on their legs if that's what those are really called. Might as well give them a little more advantage def wise in contrast to tanks.

I don't know much about the Loris though. What's it good for again?
Well at least I'm hearing opinions other than mine and Leperman's hahah.

LORIS is just like LEMUR2 but lighter and with defense stats that are just as off for its weight. A bit drainy.
And an insane balance between acc and blade apt IIRC...

I rememberd it like that nga. I'm having a hard time with that one too. I mean it's in the borderline of good and bad eh.
So just testing it on a few designs won't qualify it a good part or a bad part.
The accuracy stat is pretty irrelevant. The blading stat doesn't really matter too since no one really blades.

So in the end, it does boil down to the defense-to-weight ratio. Which in this case, is pretty much the same for both arms.
Bale, they're almost equal in rank?
If so, just give the same treatment Lemur2 has. The blade apt's a good plus though.
I just had a crazy thought today. What if we ban the KISSYOH OP part? A lot more missiles suddenly become more viable options. Doesn't help much, but it might help promote variety in designs.

Does it make verts, Satyros, or the Nymphe more powerful or unbalanced relative to the theoretically larger selection of missiles to be used? As it is missiles are already relatively easy to dodge when fired from wrong angles. Missile boats, as much as they're not used, might have some redeeming qualities now that the KISSYOH is out of the picture since they'll just have to deal with CAMS and deeks now.
I don't mind either way. Banning it seems pretty inconsequential. Point is that I don't think its being available or not will have much of an effect on how we already play the game.
I think it's ok to ban it. Like Nix said, Inconsequential. Kissyoh users get more slots for other option parts.

I'm used to not having it in my AC, making the lock-on accelerator a more pressing matter for me.
But who doesn't like dodging missiles anyway?
KISSYOH should only be allowed on cores with no AMS
I'd still only use 69M and Nymphe. Tongue
What about your precious tanks having to deal with multi-locked verts?

Honestly the best missiles in the game aren't the best because they don't get affected by Kissyoh. Nymphe can still get up to 6 locks yes, but it takes a good minute. MV will struggle to get more than 2 locks.

If your plan was to use the other multi-lock missiles and getting full lock-ons with things like the 12 lock-on packs or whatnot, I seriously question the amount of actual moving you guys do during battles. So in a sense I kinda agree with Grim. It wouldn't change much and would just hurt tanks even more.

Seriously, the best missiles in the game are the best because of either their low impact to your AC's weight or because of their desired missile trajectory.

Besides, it's not really one of those fundamental optional parts either, and only gets used on maybe like every third AC. The ones that do use it are using it for a reason though, because they don't want to get eaten alive by verts (ie tanks). So what missiles are you thinking this would benefit?
To me the KISSYOH is pretty important, especially since it sorta ruins your opponent's missile timing to some degree, making it harder for opponents to get clean missile launches. I wasn't planning on having to use any of the high missile launch, multi-lock missiles (NYMPHE 2 and such comes to mind), but rather boost the likes of the SATYROS where it can hold its 2 locks, and wait for the opportune time to launch them. Same goes for the NYMPHE as well (And maybe the 20-round vert missile launcher), but probably less effective on other missile sets due to their odd firing trajectories as you said.

Good point on verts and tanks issue though, maybe they can keep the KISSYOH then.
(10-01-2011, 12:36 AM)atdsutm Wrote: KISSYOH should only be allowed on cores with no AMS

and tanks Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PACT Regulations - ACV 1.01 NiX 51 65,459 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: NiX
  ACV PACT NiX 8 13,541 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Last Post: farmboy28
  PACT VI NiX 295 326,495 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  PACT 6 NiX 36 47,200 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beastkiller
  PACT Regulations for LR Two-on-Two NiX 143 186,399 10-23-2010, 02:44 AM