Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:42 PM
PACT Regulations for LR Two-on-Two
Old rules as drafted by Lord_Leperman:

Quote:Standard 2-on-2 rules (draft, open to discussion):

Standard PACT rules and regulations apply.
Standard PACT part bans for LR still apply.

Game format:
-Team Battle with no leader in the options setting.
-5 minute rounds, best of 3.
-5 minute rounds, best of 5 for the finals.

Team pairing process: Depends on available participants.

Rules are added to facilitate 2-on-2 matches:

1. Two contestants may enter as a team, with 1 AC for each person, for a total of 2 ACs per team.

2. Team members may switch places between the two (Essentially, a teammate uses his teammate's AC and vice-versa) at any time during the tournament at the team's own risk. Any alterations in AC design are prohibited except for swapping paint jobs and emblems.

3. A team's AC designs may be similar and may use similar parts with each other so as long as they conform to PACT rules on designs.

4. A ring out by one team member means that he is out of the match, but this does not necessarily mean that the team has lost and the other team member may choose to continue the current match.

After PACT 5, I think some changes are in order, no?

Rule # 2 seemed fun at the time when Leperman and I discussed it. But thinking about it now, I don't like it. I don't like the idea of overriding my partner's playing, aside from simply providing advice. I don't think any team took advantage of this rule during PACT 5, though. Not a big deal. I personally won't exercise it, by principle.

A major issue that needs discussing is the use of Orbit Cannons. As was expertly demonstrated by the Ting brothers, a pair of OCs simply MELTED heavy tanks. While there are several countermeasures against missiles, heavy tanks simply have no way to defend against the OCs.

After the tournament, Leperman suggested that there should only be at most 1 HARPY per team, while HARPY2 should get banned completely. I'm cool with that.

Feel free to bring up any other issues that you noticed during PACT 5.
What about Orbit Cannon arms? They can launch 6 OCs at the same time, should we ban these? The problem is they severely specialize a design to a point that its almost not as useful against anything else besides tanks.

I'd like to keep part of rule 2 open by saying you can swap controllers only at the beginning of a match and you have to stick with that AC throughout the fight. How does that sound instead? Its like changing ACs with your partner only at the very beginning of the fight.

Also, pre-determined partners are the way to go next time right?
Your suggestion for control-swapping seems fine.

I think Orbit cannon arms are fine. Too many sacrifices come with equipping it. Yasya's fine too.
LOL @ the sudden focus on orbits Tongue
(08-03-2009, 12:31 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: What about Orbit Cannon arms? They can launch 6 OCs at the same time, should we ban these? The problem is they severely specialize a design to a point that its almost not as useful against anything else besides tanks.

I'd like to keep part of rule 2 open by saying you can swap controllers only at the beginning of a match and you have to stick with that AC throughout the fight. How does that sound instead? Its like changing ACs with your partner only at the very beginning of the fight.

Also, pre-determined partners are the way to go next time right?

How about this one instead:
Have everyone have a copy of their partner's AC in their save files. That way, they can have a coice whether to use theirs or their partner's AC before the fight. There's also the effect of having to fight two of the same AC in a round. I think it sounds good.

I put in account the possibility of everyone not having the same controls. Paano kasi kung yung parehong members ng isang team magkaiba yung controls, Like me and CZ last time, custom pareho yung controls namin, kaya kahit gustuhin [and like hell I will] ko na gamityin yung AC nya sa loob ng laban, hindi ko rin magagawa kasi nga magkaiba yung controls namin.
'Signatures are overrated.'
I'm fine with limiting the OCs a team has (i.e. only one AC can have OCs), but I'm still unsure with Harpy2's complete ban. Sure, Harpy2 can do big damage to tanks, but that's in the long run. Factoring in the reload time of OCs and the chance that two ACs will focus fire on you, Harpy2 may be not imbalanced. Oh, and I'm also cool with keeping the orbit arms in place. Although I wanna see what's gonna happen if 12 orbits start chasing an AC. LOL

@Nerese's idea: giving the option for team members to use the same AC is nearest thing we have in place of swapping ACs (like PACT4).

@Rick's controller swap: I guess it's ok before a match, but not during one.

How about maps? Are our current list of playable maps balanced for a 2-on-2 match-up?
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
the open maps favor fast ACs while closed off areas favor heavies I for one suggest a random map selection scheme.
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Random: Pwede ba mag Syura? LOL
(08-04-2009, 07:58 AM)maitreya Wrote: @Nerese's idea: giving the option for team members to use the same AC is nearest thing we have in place of swapping ACs (like PACT4).

Is that good or bad?

CZ, Random na yung map selection natin...
'Signatures are overrated.'
Kung biped, quad, etc, oo hindi ka tatamaan ng orbits kung gumagalaw ka. Pero tank, walang depensa sa orbits. Kahit anong galaw gawin nila, tatamaan sila hahaha. Tapos kung dalawang orbits pa yung umuulan sa tank, tunaw siya agad. LOL

Standard PACT Bans dito:
http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=274
two orbits.... Jason
@jobet: yeah but just wanna keep it as is for future tourneys XX

I'm not really fond of the swapping ACs rule, but whatever. If teams can't do it because of conflicting controls, that's something that that team should deal with.

I take it that we all agree to impose limits on orbit cannons? The question now is what kind of limitations to impose.

Some options:

1. Only one AC in a team can carry HARPY1/HARPY2. But this AC may still carry HARPY1+HARPY1, HARPY2+HARPY2, or HARPY1+HARPY2. HARPYs can still be carried by this one AC even if there are YASYAs or the OC arms in the team.

2. Only one HARPY or one HARPY2 can be carried PER TEAM. This single HARPY can still be carried even if there are YASYAs or OC arms in a team.

3. Only one AC per team can be carrying any number of Orbit Cannons.

4. Only one of any type of Orbit cannon can be carried per team.

I'm ok with either rule 1 or 3. Feel free to suggest something better.
3 but 2 is also good albeit a little bit to many OCs to be impractical in a tourney. 2 would be a gamble IMO.

I'm ok with 1,2, & 3.

I'd vote for 1. And I definitely don't want 4.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PACT Regulations - ACV 1.01 NiX 51 64,752 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: NiX
  ACV PACT NiX 8 13,402 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Last Post: farmboy28
  PACT VI NiX 295 322,855 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  PACT Regulations for LR NiX 316 387,626 12-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PACT 6 NiX 36 46,740 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: beastkiller