Current time: 05-05-2024, 08:38 AM
F.M.A. and Arnis Discussions
Filipino Martial Arts
New calluses (I now have 10 calluses on my left hand o_O )
My team mate has blood blisters on her hand XD;

Hayz, 3 more days of training tas competition na on the 15th till 17th >_____<

I'm gonna be pulled out for 3 days DDD: IMAGINE ALL THE MAKE-UP TESTS DDDDDD:
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
Sparred HayWire the other day; I keep forgetting how hard it is fighting a lefty Sad

She's learning to mix up those head an body shots now though, and I find myself having to learn how to block from angles I don't normally have to worry about when facing orthodox fighters.

On the plus side, I got to test a swayback counter my master taught me before. The idea is to weave my head right before the strike lands, while simultaneously swinging the weapon in a vertical fanlike motion. The end result is a near miss to my head, and I land an intercept shot on my opponent's forearm or hand.

If she keeps up her progress, I'll have to wear my rubber shoes again.

[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
Practicing on grass > concrete. -.-

Coach isn't so bad. She's like my music teacher(s) , Strict and scolds you if you're doing something wrong but is actually nice and funny as long as you do things right and properly LOL
Just got back from the first day of Palarong Pambansa NCR.
Good news : Sakto ako sa timbang LOL
Bad news: I stayed in MOA in front of the baking sun wearing black and an Igorot outfit waiting for my turn in Anyo only to find out that they only rented the place till 5pm so hindi ako naabot =_____=

Bukas pa ako, I want anyo done NAO =__=
Was also at event.

One of the demonstrators was wearing a Sasuke outfit, held his rattan stick in a ninja grip, and was doing high kicks and tumbles.

WTF - we got trolled by a Narutard VomitVomit
Having a training partner who is above 5'7" really helps a lot especially when you switch to someone who is shorter than you...even if I ALWAYS lose >_>

I got to fight today...against Makati. (I'm roughly 5'1" and my opponent was an inch shorter)

I'm blue team

2nd round:
3 red, 3 blue. Lost because I had 1 disarm. (Puro pasmado naghahawak ng baston, BASA ANG STICK D: )

Lost due to the judges not wanting to give me points regardless of how many clean hits I do =__=

I'm not saying that my opponent lost due to dumb luck, THOUGH the judges do have some/a lot of biases...

I win either way...y'know why?

Majority of my shots were clean hits to the main leg and main arm Shifty
I heard rumors after the match that she is badly injured.

Muhahahahahahaha...
Didn't win anything. My training buddy got a bronze in Half-Lightweight Full Contact Combat tho.

Next competition for me is at May me thinkz...
Confirmed to join a competition at around November. World Arnis Open.

There will be people from Pasay. There will be air force. There will be military. There will be foreigners. There will be black belters. And it will not be a first-hit point basis.

Help. ;__;
Wear a rainbow belt, camouflage, and night vision goggles. Make sure you fight at night when no one can see you.
We will spar.
Had a last minute competition a while ago. I lost XD
I already have complete gear. So it looks like I have to grind some levels first before trying again.
That's alright. At least you got some great exposure.
On a related note, one of the ateneo guys lost his bout vs a PNP fighter

While the PNP dude won, our guy mangled him with several brutal shots. The PNP guy was clutching his ribs when he walked off the ring, and when we checked our guy's shirt, it had some blood splatters on it.

It was not his blood.

Punchline: He's former US Army (Fil-Am), just a few months fresh from service in Iraq.
Poor PNP cadet never knew what hit him.
No match videos? Smile
None for this guy Im afraid

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MMA and Boxing Discussions NiX 329 371,191 10-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Last Post: J.E_Magog