The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: F.M.A. and Arnis Discussions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Post about training, competitions, ranting related to Fillie-MAs etc. etc.

So...to be honest I dunno what to post LOL

So imma say random stuff for a bit...

I fix'd my footwork. I'm not as bouncy anymore Tongue

My next competition is next month, either 1st or 2nd week of February.
Used to do Arnis in 1st and 2nd year high school. Was really fun. I still have my sticks hanging around the house. Smile There are few things more painful than getting your finger joints whipped. =/
i took Arnis in U.P. and got asked to join the team but i declined because i play video games til 1 am and their running schedule at 6 am doesn't suit me. :/ i also lost my sticks, someone took them or something from our tambayan.

i dunno if i still remember my footing, kinda rusty..but im still good with sticks..*winkwink*
we had arnis back in 4th year of highschool but i wasnt allowed to join (spinal problems and all). took it during college for one sem despite my mom getting mad tho XD was invited to try out for the varsity, but backed out (didnt want to test my mom's patience). i still have my sticks, and i wish i could find the time to get back into it again.
I'm gonna throw rocks and arnis sticks at you people if ever we're forced to fight with arnis. >: (

Joking aside, I was interested in trying it out, but I couldn't because I was already practicing aikido at that time with my sister and cousins (and lacked time due to studies). The same dojo we attended to also offers arnis, but when I finally had enough time, they moved from Robinson's Galleria to Cubao. Got lazy afterwards.

Iirc I remember my dad telling me that he knows stuff about arnis, so he bought about 2-3 pieces to teach us if time permits it... only to somehow lose the arnis when we brought it with us to when we were going out of town.

You have received a new trophy - First rant!
I can imagine this happening on Monday because of yesterday...

Friend's classmate: "OMG! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? O__O
Friend: *looking like a purple zebra* " *my name* happened to me =___= "
Me: Big grinDDDDDDDDDDD
Apparently the shorter you are, the more likely you have to be on the offensive since your opponent has an upper hand when it comes to reach - you gotta attack first else they'll get the upper hand.

At least it means that I have to start the pace LOL
I wanted to take arnis back when I was still a complete freshman, but we were a block section so I had to take the same subject as everybody else [cultural dance - Oh the bad memories. I liked it though]. Anyways, I took up arnis when I got back to college. Though We were only taught the basics and had some light sparring, I still practice the strikes and blocks which apparently look the same.

(01-17-2011, 06:43 PM)HayWire Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently the shorter you are, the more likely you have to be on the offensive since your opponent has an upper hand when it comes to reach - you gotta attack first else they'll get the upper hand.

At least it means that I have to start the pace LOL

True. I have long reach and was attacked by a classmate with a good step-in. Stabbed the wind out of me.
@Serene.. Is that UE caloocan? Nowadays, first sem's PE is arnis. ONLY ARNIS. (That's what I saw/they told me.)

I should've taken advance Arnis. BTW I wonder where my sticks are. Ermm
I just got a phone call awhile ago regarding the plans for club day on Thursday.

My teammate and I...

...Will spar with EVERYONE in the club O__O
Like Army of Two in back to back mode, only with arnis sticks o_o
(01-18-2011, 09:38 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Like Army of Two in back to back mode, only with arnis sticks o_o

with slow motion
All I did for club today was sleep -_- everyone else did Physical Fitness tests and I wasn't allowed to due to an unusual injury on my RIGHT arm ( I'm left handed)

I brought 2 sets of equipment to school and 2 pairs of sparring sticks, then the teacher said that we won't spar...

I went on a serious anger tantrum fit, kicked someone, pushed another, broke a wooden plank, death glared the teacher and left.

When I got back for training, teacher let me STUDY spar.

Moral of the story: Don't ever ever EVER make me get excited over something that wouldn't even happen. -_-

So I sparred with both my training buddy and teacher.

Training buddy hasn't recovered from our last spar last week... (2 bruises on the right arm, 1 bruise on the left elbow and 1 bruise on the leg)

So she has 2 new injuries. One bruise on one hand, an internally bleeding other hand.

Teacher = out-fighter. Out-fighter = D:<

I still wanna hit something. Hitting things is my only vent now Sad
Haywire was nice enough to let me practice my disarms on her right arm Big grin

Quote:Apparently the shorter you are, the more likely you have to be on the offensive since your opponent has an upper hand when it comes to reach - you gotta attack first else they'll get the upper hand.

But you guys are also freaking hard to hit, especially on leg shots Sad

Being a fat guy, my footspeed is slow compared to yours, so I had to learn to build up my hand speed and striking power; Be like a wall - and fall on the enemy like a ton of bricks.
Training under a new coach now.

She's like this
[Image: Fullmetal_Alchemist_-_13_-_Large_22.jpg]

^ And the one beside her is her husband XDD

Coz of training...I couldn't close nor stretch my fingers awhile ago >__<
Pages: 1 2