Current time: 05-01-2024, 12:37 PM
Jobs
I don't have a job coz I'm still a HS student but I do have a few questions about jobs since I'm turning junior.

One of the more important ones would be...what's a better deal? (Or start...or whatever...) (Money's only the 3rd priority, 1st is that it shouldn't be boring in the long run, 2nd is that it can have my name marked on the world LOLWUT)

A musician
Course: Music...duh.
Pros: It's fun IMO...I love music XD
Cons: Starting up is gonna be hard...and stress levels will go up.
Problems atm: No band, no public performance experience ._. , no idea which colleges (here and abroad) offer a music course that DOESN'T JUST HAVE CLASSICAL/ORCHESTRA IN IT

A game producer
Course: Video Game Design, computer programming...I dunno what other courses...
Pros: My 6 year old project will be in the works Wooh... (~-.-)~
Cons: It's gonna need money...lots of money...and people...and programming...and promotions...and planning and...weh.
Problems atm: It's a bit hard to find the course. Nakaka-nosebleed ang curriculum.

A film director
Course: Film making, theatrical arts (lolwut) or something...
Pros: Fun...and I get to order people around XD
Cons: Stress levels, needs moolah and good connections with people...etc. etc.
Problems atm: Oh YOU try finding a good quality film course in THIS country D:

Halp D:

(This could be a separate topic or something but I'm still ranting about jobs LOL )
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
(01-16-2010, 08:52 AM)HayWire Wrote: A musician
Course: Music...duh.
Pros: It's fun IMO...I love music XD
Cons: Starting up is gonna be hard...and stress levels will go up.
Problems atm: No band, no public performance experience ._. , no idea which colleges (here and abroad) offer a music course that DOESN'T JUST HAVE CLASSICAL/ORCHESTRA IN IT

As far as I know, all good music education has to include at least one classical music class. If you have money, try going to Berklee College of Music in Boston. It's expensive, but at least you're assured of a good music education, not to mention immediate connections with bandmates/producers/etc. I heard the UST Conservatory of Music is also a good college if you're looking locally.

Quote:A game producer
Course: Video Game Design, computer programming...I dunno what other courses...
Pros: My 6 year old project will be in the works Wooh... (~-.-)~
Cons: It's gonna need money...lots of money...and people...and programming...and promotions...and planning and...weh.
Problems atm: It's a bit hard to find the course. Nakaka-nosebleed ang curriculum.

I have to agree it's hard to find a video-game production course locally. The independent scene is growing right now though. There's very little cost of entry, and you get tons of practice that way. You can try creating games right now, there are a lot of free/cheap tools out there.

If you want to work in the industry, try to find a job somewhere with a company that innovates and isn't afraid to take risks. Otherwise you might end up hating working in the game industry.

Quote:A film director
Course: Film making, theatrical arts (lolwut) or something...
Pros: Fun...and I get to order people around XD
Cons: Stress levels, needs moolah and good connections with people...etc. etc.
Problems atm: Oh YOU try finding a good quality film course in THIS country D:

UP Diliman has a good film course (Film and Audiovisual Communication). Don't get suckered in by the film school in Cebu with their free HD camera and MacBook. I've seen some of their demo reels, and some of the films UP students make are tons better, and they did it with arguably worse equipment.

Also, don't think that you'll be taught directing straight away. You'll have to learn every part of the filmmaking process, from production management, set production, cinematography, and so on.
Hmmm.... a person can dream:

owner of cannabis restaurant tied up with a hemp farm that i own
sideline: HERB VIDYA Shop!
local workshops: Glass blowers *making bongs and pipes* also some handwoven products
i'll teach local communities how to utilize the many many uses of hemp *see sig*
I shit you not....i could do this in 3 years time...maybe less....BUT FIRST HEMP SHOULD BE LEGAL.....major problem. Facepalm

ok ranting again....dream over...smoke time! =D
==========It's easier to believe a lie told a thousand times than a truth you've never heard before==========

February 1938 - Popular Mechanics Magazine: “NEW BILLION-DOLLAR CROP”

[Image: 1234234723396-1-1-1.jpg]
What I was told to tell whenever somebody asks me what my job is: "Cartographer" A person who makes maps.
In training, project based, pero sinugod na agad sa frontline. Kaya naman daw eh. After a few months, I'll be doing field work...

Actually, I thought somebody was calling me when I read the topic title.
'Signatures are overrated.'
(01-16-2010, 09:25 AM)Grim Wrote: As far as I know, all good music education has to include at least one classical music class. If you have money, try going to Berklee College of Music in Boston. It's expensive, but at least you're assured of a good music education, not to mention immediate connections with bandmates/producers/etc. I heard the UST Conservatory of Music is also a good college if you're looking locally.

I usually see music students carry music instruments.. They look cool.. Ninja And the arts department have more freedom in the way they look (uniform)

BTW my classmate saw a net-job that gives you $0.1 per 30 secs.. The "Ads" thingy..

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
Dood, parang online MLM lang yan. I've tried it, I've stopped trying.

I'm already 20, lost the teen sense of "kaya ko yan, I'm doing that" sht or whatever. No more MLMs for this dood. Although I did get back what we invested the last time I tried, it's still a very,very,very long way from what they say you could be earning.

So yeah, they're just bullshitting you each and every time. Something that should also apply to me - Dude, finish school, get a job, do business. Drop them "Get rich fast!" schemes, there is no such thing that is presented to lots of people. Opportunity is something you find by youtself, for yourself.

I basically just scolded myself there. o_o
I agree with Shin's uhhh 'self-scolding.' XD;

There's a way to make money online for me, but I need to have a valid paypal as well as a lot of time to answer a lot of surveys. Marketing researchers love to get feedback about anything. But you like make .50c or something per 3~20 page survey. Quite hard, plus online money isn't that useful in this country.

The other way is you actually work for these guys. You help analyze and compile their data which is a good 2 weeks worth of sleep, lost. 10k in 2 weeks, yeah, but I've learned to appreciate normal sleep habits more lately.

In other words, no other way but the hard way man!
So the dude's calling me again. Is it bad manners to just ignore his calls? I don't feel like talking to him. LOL
(01-18-2010, 11:17 AM)NiX Wrote: So the dude's calling me again. Is it bad manners to just ignore his calls? I don't feel like talking to him. LOL

I think you can block certain numbers from calling you. Ask customer service Tongue

Or just text the person, "I am not interested. Please do not contact me again regarding this."
Anyway so I respectfully declined and just said that I wasn't interested anymore.

He asked what made me uninterested.

I was really tempted to just reply, "Google." But then the plastic Filipino in me just said that I'd rather not dabble in other things right now. He said ok and asked if I could recommend any "business minded people". I said none, of course. Maybe I should have recommended Mark or Rick. LOL

Oh yeah, I also got a taste of this before:
http://danvilplansscam.blogspot.com/

Got 2 free movie tickets indeed and was still able to get away without them swiping my credit card. The unpleasant experience and wasted time weren't worth the tickets. They even told me afterward that the only people that don't avail either can't afford it or just didn't understand their presentation.
why me? I'll just piss the poor soul off. lol
Exactly. LOL
Got a text from Aim Global about extra income stuff. address is at unit 301 AIC burgundy mpire tower adb avenue, ortigas centre pasig. lol

as for on the moment just job hunting

aspirations my future though or my dream job or jobs i am have to work hard for:

Current Job Targets:
Nothing in particular but to work be able to work for an animation/game studio first and build job/work experience from there first
if its an 2d animation studio aiming for animator if its a 3d animation/game studio either modeler, animator or 2d artist one (though 2d artist would a bit hard since people that specialize in 2d artist job opening they expect you to be excellent at painting anything XD i only excel with characters ....backgrounds......XD i mean i understand the lighting and such for backgrounds but i have a hard time translating those ideas to the
backgrounds but with characters its very easy for me.)

and go to seminars, take short courses here and there to get better and such

Target After like 5 years or more....something that i might do in the long run i really enjoy doing XD

Path 1. Art director (i dont mind being an art director i kinda enjoy being an art director rather than a director lol in the long run actually its kinda fun XD its like being a director but you only handle the artistic side of the production, plus i get to act like a kid again to release my creativity, or if i am lucky get my own personal project in the works), Senior/Lead Animator (i've always loved animation and i come up with these crazy ideas or short stories out of the blue very easily also my professors also noticed i am very good at giving characters a character which is actually something hard for most people to do.......okay that didnt sound right hehehehehe LOL you know what i mean XD now i just have to master the principles) , Senior/Lead Modeler (well i enjoy modeling characters as well in 3d from wicked dragons to mechs to characters wearing power armor and such..... WEEEEE BUNNIES!!!.... LOL)
locally
Probably while working well ii am always eager to learn so take short courses here or something that will develop my skill even furthur like just basic acting (for animators, so that i can give my character animation a more natural look or even to help develop characters better),
Path 2. Try applying abroad again but as entry level positions at bigger studios ...like pixar,disney,lucas etc well you get the idea and such and work my way up from there... if that doesnt work
apply for entry level positions locally at bigger studios like toon city and such and work my way up and try again abroad...point is ill keep trying till my last breath.
Path 3. Probably something in 10 years or more...might sound crazy...well start my own little animation studio locally or like after 20 years or such one in abroad LOL XD as in a complete animation studio from preprod phase all the way till post-prod and maybe create little animated shorts for the fun of it.

As for sideline stuff or freelance stuff maybe in the future.
2d character artist - i like to sketch and draw characters XD
Voice Actor- well think of it this way what is the role of an animator? to give life to a lifeless object, thus acting helps, thus if you know how act you'll probably know how to voice act..also yeah during college time actually i would usually help my college friends voice acting some of their characters or help develop the characters of their story to give it more personality, also one of my friends noticed when he was working on an animated short on his thesis when i tried voice acting on one of his characters XD he was surprissed as he put it "bakit on camera nahihiya halos hindi ka makasalita pero pag off cam kuhang kuha mo naman un character...lol" or i remember during 2nd year college where i had to direct a play i would usually step in and go "no no like this i mean your angry right so really throw out your voice to really show your angry, fix arms raise your fist or something" lol wala ako magawa dun but of cam it feels so easy for me to act out the scene and such how everything will go pero on cam na i am stiff as a board XD so voice actor na lng LOL at least voice actor off cam
Part-time art teacher LOL XD i actually enjoy teaching XD

Web Designer- A big no no for me no matter how many times i try i am no good with web design.
Photography-i have nothing against photography i would probably do it from time to time just for reference but i don't enjoy it as an idea or work
Graphic Designer-i am just so so with graphic design and i don't really enjoy it.....
Character Rigger (for those of you who don't know someone who sets up a 3d character ready for animation)- for me i find this job.....boring
UV Mapper/Texture Artist (again for those that dont know, this job is basically someone who creates or fixes the textures of a 3d model making sure it doesn't break and such when it comes down to animation)...also another job i find boring >_<
Programmer-i am actually very good with understanding program logics and such but i find it boring though