Current time: 05-04-2024, 10:54 AM
MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP)
Quartz runs also give 3k for each one successfully taken back to camp. Also there are two quartz mining points where you can net 4-5 ores (if you're really lucky) The reason why I choose to mine quartz and not powderstones is because I don't have to worry about the terrain damage from holding one. and running from the mining point is faster (Less than one minute).

Oh, and you also get goldstone pieces and hunks that go for 350-500points each while you mine for quartz. Much better than getting coal that's 150points iirc. XD

Another good thing about the swam is it's a good place to get special mushrooms, but not really required because it only gives 50 points Higher rank Select mushrooms are better. Xp

EDIT: Goldstone Hunks go for about 1000 points, goldstone piece for 200... just finished a run right now for clarification. Xp
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
(12-08-2010, 12:45 PM)Trace-02 Wrote: EDIT: Oh yeah, Power pills are very useful for Greatsword users. Just down one and charge up in front of a trapped monster for big damage. XD

Especially handy for those Kirin hunts IIRC - inflict sleep on them, pop a pill, and line up a charged shot with the GS We're not worthy

[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
(12-08-2010, 05:16 PM)Trace-02 Wrote: Quartz runs also give 3k for each one successfully taken back to camp. Also there are two quartz mining points where you can net 4-5 ores (if you're really lucky) The reason why I choose to mine quartz and not powderstones is because I don't have to worry about the terrain damage from holding one. and running from the mining point is faster (Less than one minute).

Oh, and you also get goldstone pieces and hunks that go for 350-500points each while you mine for quartz. Much better than getting coal that's 150points iirc. XD

Another good thing about the swam is it's a good place to get special mushrooms, but not really required because it only gives 50 points Higher rank Select mushrooms are better. Xp

EDIT: Goldstone Hunks go for about 1000 points, goldstone piece for 200... just finished a run right now for clarification. Xp

ok, i'll try a quartz run next time. i just do the swamp gathering quest from the elder right?

also, yay garuga set \o/ just need to unlock five star then its on to getting to HR4 (im following "MHGod" Jake-sama's speed guide)

edit: new question: hornetaur heads? best way to get em early? currently poisoning them in the jungle, but according to the MH wiki its 8% chance to carve T-T
@zero any quest involving insects really but for specific ones the queen vespoid quests or the eliminate hornetaur quests jsut bring an armor set with fate. As with anything valuable gathering them will always be hard when you need them XD.

rant: gesture no. 13 is highly suggestive Ninja

rave: there will be MGS armor for both the player and their felyne

hope they go the whole way and make the gear rex a dlc monster XD I wish XD

and it seems there is a more humane way to carve now as htting certain enemies with a blunt weapon auto stuns them and lets you carve the creature alive after you get a carve they stand up and run away. LOL

anyway my first failed mission in the game: Mr. Bear Rabbit XD
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

wooo managed to capture monoblos on my first try. took a hell of a long time waiting for the right times to hammer his legs tho. and im starting to get the hang of finger-hooking the camera XD
is there a torrent already for monster hunter 3rd? i heard from TS that Jake has a copy?
(12-14-2010, 10:33 PM)RoninFang Wrote: is there a torrent already for monster hunter 3rd? i heard from TS that Jake has a copy?

Would be better not to discuss piracy outright here, but I ought to let you know that PSPISO has everything you need Smile
ic ic sorry about that >_<
(12-10-2010, 08:52 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: wooo managed to capture monoblos on my first try. took a hell of a long time waiting for the right times to hammer his legs tho. and im starting to get the hang of finger-hooking the camera XD

I find that carrying plenty of flash and sonic bombs makes the fight end a lot quicker.

It takes a bit longer to farm for the bomb parts of course, but it pays off by putting less of a strain on your other supplies.
[Image: totallyrandomkane.gif]
(12-14-2010, 10:47 PM)Sforza Wrote:
(12-14-2010, 10:33 PM)RoninFang Wrote: is there a torrent already for monster hunter 3rd? i heard from TS that Jake has a copy?

Would be better not to discuss piracy outright here, but I ought to let you know that PSPISO has everything you need Smile

translated or still in Japanese?
(12-15-2010, 11:51 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote:
(12-14-2010, 10:47 PM)Sforza Wrote:

translated or still in Japanese?

Japanese, but a little bird told me a patch should be out in maybe a month.
will 2G saves carry over to 3? or should i give up trying 2G and just start over in 3?
yes it will but only wont give much

all you get is an emblem that shows how you've played and your fave weapon, mafumofu armor for your cat (1 set), a mafumofu costume for the pig and I believe the ability to hire the last felyne companion you had on 2g (demoted back to lvl 1)

http://teamhgg.blogspot.com/ Smile shh.
that would be really nice Smile

anyway fuck you uragaan!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need help converting (MHF2 to MHP2G) cheezyfries 1 4,479 09-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Black Dragon