The Raven Republic Forums
MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Printable Version

+- The Raven Republic Forums (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://ravenrepublic.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) (/showthread.php?tid=1263)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP) - Sforza - 01-30-2008

One of the best games I've ever played. This is because of its depth, difficulty and customization options. The learning curve is also something else. I've been playing for weeks and I've only used one type of weapon out of the 9 or 11(?). Been making lists of the plants, mining spots, honey, etc. that can be found in the different areas too. There's just too many to memorize. It's also the best selling PSP game in Japan.

Reviews here.

Does anyone else here play this game?

What's your HR and what's the number of stars on the quests you're trying to finish?

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Goat - 01-30-2008

Never played this game, but I've been craving to PLAY the first one (PS2) and I never had any luck. Isn't this game online like FFXI?

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Twin-Skies - 01-30-2008

Not sure about honor, but I'm currently stuck at the three-star missions. I'm still saving up for better weapons and gear.

Wanna party up for the February meet?

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 01-30-2008

Twin-Skies Wrote:Not sure about honor, but I'm currently stuck at the three-star missions. I'm still saving up for better weapons and gear.

Wanna party up for the February meet?

HR is hunter rank, which is raised through guild points after every quest completed. The only rank that matters at the start is 3 though, since being above or below it will allow participation in the higher star quests. It's on the guild card.

Anyway, I'm doing the three star missions too so it should be just about right. And sure! Let's try to take down something big, though we'll probably die trying XD

If you want, we could also do multiplayer on other games like Tekken DR, Formula Front, Ace Combat X, etc. Your siblings could join in too. Have anything in mind? LOL

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Black Dragon - 01-30-2008

I'm playing it too, but gawd, it's lonely here LOL

Already on HR 2 w/ Rathalos soul armor and Devil Slicer.

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - azuma-blade - 01-31-2008

do you think you're the only one playing alone me too LOL

Currently re-playing Monster Hunter 1 damn i miss my gunner Tongue

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 02-19-2008

Currently at Guild HR2 // Elder Quest 5. I had to solo the guild quests too because I don't know anyone near me that plays MHF2.

Armor: Full Garuga (multi-purpose) and Lunastra (tanking) sets.
Trying to get Hermitaur S (HR4) and Kirin at the moment, as well as upgrading the GL, GS and Hammer.

Weapons are Anvil Hammer and Grand Slam (Poison GL).

Oh, and I also have a dinky hermitaur gunner set w/ earplug and seven something heavy xbow for parties LOL

So yeah, let's play again next time we meet! I'm sure we'll do better than the last time Rofl I play everyday so I'll be further along the tech tree by then, hopefully.

By the way, I wonder when MHF2: 2nd is coming out. 3/27 is the release for the Japanese version Big grin

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - HayWire - 02-19-2008

I played Monster Hunter Freedom 2 longer than TwinSkies LOL

I use in 5 things so far (In order):
Gunlance
Light Gunbow
Bow
Hammer
Lance

I don't have good stuff yet(it's the Rathalos' fault for not giving its tail)
I need to kill...let's see...5 more Rathalos minimum to get my next weapon Jason

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 02-24-2008

HayWire Wrote:I played Monster Hunter Freedom 2 longer than TwinSkies LOL

I use in 5 things so far (In order):
Gunlance
Light Gunbow
Bow
Hammer
Lance

I don't have good stuff yet(it's the Rathalos' fault for not giving its tail)
I need to kill...let's see...5 more Rathalos minimum to get my next weapon Jason

With the weapons you're using it'll be really hard to get a Rath tail. I think the best cutting weapon is the longsword.

Just finished the Troublesome Pair dual Raths quest. It was fun but unfair for them. Made a tanking armor combo with guard and sharpness (double the GL shots before sharpness goes down), used a GL LOL No tails were cut though -_-

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Twin-Skies - 03-27-2008

Capcom has just launched Monster Hunter Portable 2 2nd G over in Japan today, March 27.

As you guys may have expected, the Akihabara district has already been zerg-rushed by droves of fans.

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 04-12-2008

Finally reached HR6, the equivalent of "finishing" the game for MHF2. The HR5 urgent was a bit of a pain. Dual Tigrex o.o The monsters I hate the most are the Lunastra/Teostra and the Diablos.

It took me 161 hours in total and 35 different guides/faqs/charts, as well as 18 different video guides. Had to solo everything because no one I know plays MHF2 as much as I do -_- Now to start playing Armored Core again, and to get the strongest possible armor sets and weapons to be ready for MHF2G.

If any of you guys want to meet up to play MHF2, let me know Smile

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Black Dragon - 04-17-2008

Just got HR6 last week too, I got Silver Sol, Rathalos Soul U, Tigrex S and Monoblos S.
True devil slicer and Smolder dragonsword really helped me a lot.

(wow 161 hrs. I reached mine on 172 hrs I think, dang, you're good)

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 04-19-2008

Most used weapons list:

1. Onslaught Hammer or Dragon Demolisher
2. Double Dragon Ultimus (DS)
3. Dragon Rider Spear (Lance)
4. Wolf Heirloom (heavy xbow)

(I suck at longswords)

Most used armor sets:

1. Rathalos Soul U w/ Rathalos vambraces S

It has HG earplug, RA +1 and attack up (small). I used the S vambraces + fierce jewel instead because it gives much higher defense and +7 to attack skill, then used jewels to make up for the rest.

2. Hermitaur S

Guard +2, Def +30, Throw up. Very nice for tanking. Still trying to get Borealis Haku

3. Rathalos S. Stuck jewels to give it earplug. Has attack up (large) too.
3. Hermitaur U for gunners.

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Black Dragon - 04-21-2008

Do you guys recommend Dark Akantor armor? I'm having a pretty tough time with it, I was wondering if it's worth it.

RE: Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP) - Sforza - 04-21-2008

Black Dragon Wrote:Do you guys recommend Dark Akantor armor? I'm having a pretty tough time with it, I was wondering if it's worth it.

Well, there's more armor for sure.
+50 over the Los sets at least.

Max def of Los S is 84/piece
Max def of D. Akantot is 92/piece

If you add these jewels you get the following skills:

Decora: Grinder Jewel x5, Earplug Jewel x1, Silencer Jewel x1
Weapon needed: 3 Slots

Skills: Sharpness+1, High Grade Earplug, Sharpening Skl Inc, Reckless Abandon+2

Decora: Tectonic Jewel x2, Anchor Jewel x4
Weapon needed: 2 Slots

Skills: Sharpness+1, Earplug, Quake Resistance, Reckless Abandon+2

* Quake resistance is good for rajang, the big monkeys, and shen gaoren. Reckless abandon is basically the crit rate for weapons. Very good with DS.

My only problem with the set is that it's fugly, and by HR6 I don't care much for defense anymore since I'll die in four or five hits of any HR6 enemy anyway because the monsters hit waaaay too hard regardless of what you're wearing LOL

[Image: screen20.jpg]