Current time: 06-02-2024, 05:39 AM
MHF2 and MHP2G (PSP)
Note: I haven't played MH for several months so the details are a bit questionable for these >_>

Green ASAP for Low ranks HR6 below (?)

White or purple for G-ranks (and everything else) ...Blue will sorta do but some parts will still bounce off <_<

The Iron Katana and Bone Katana (Longswords) paths are good starters.

Iron/bone hammer path later on (Onslaught/Diablos) will be useful in most occasions if you're not after any tails. Works well on Carapaceons (or whatever the crab you spell it.)

Once the Volcano's available start mining...ALOT. If you're lucky you'll get a small ancient stone for Eternal Schism to use to solo Lao Shan Lung

That's the starter stuff.

As for starter armor to...whatever armor...

If you're starting:
MafuMofu - Giaprey - Kutku - Blue Kutku/Ceanataur/Garuga - Rathalos - Upper rank Kutku/Kirin - Upper rank blue kutku - Upper Rathalos - Silver Rathalos/Whatever the heck you want

If you're crazy...or you lost your old file then had to start from scratch *cries* :
Naked - Kutku - Garuga - Rathalos - Tigrex - Upper Rathalos - Silver rathalos - whatever you want

....Just talking about it makes me wanna go back to my game...

Lookie what I found...
http://endling.deviantart.com/art/Monste...craps&qo=0
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
starting out green is fine I suggest using hammers or hunting horns if your attacks keeps on bouncing off as both have ESP( go through anything) attacks (the GS charge attack is also a good choice but avoid using the DS demon dance as even though its an esp combo attack your gonna get your weapon broken fast ... bye garuga fan Bye ) and the LS when fully charged gives +1 sharpness or something like it. If your desparate to get your sharpness up early on the insect weapons ( the ls/ds/and lance insect weapons) are the earliest ones to get high sharpness ratings.

if you wish to boost your sharpness the cenataur sets would do you proud XD

end rant

rave: PLAYED THE MH3 DEMO AND IT WAS GOOD!

though I do feel I understand why the underwater missions were removed ( not enough buttons on the psp and wat not) I sure would have liked to have tried them. anyway The sponge monster was suprising at first but was easy the rock thingie was the one I can;t seem to kill in time ><
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

Bros keep forgetting to try and get the demo <_< I feel left out <_<
(10-22-2010, 09:02 PM)HayWire Wrote: Note: I haven't played MH for several months so the details are a bit questionable for these >_>

Green ASAP for Low ranks HR6 below (?)

White or purple for G-ranks (and everything else) ...Blue will sorta do but some parts will still bounce off <_<

The Iron Katana and Bone Katana (Longswords) paths are good starters.

Iron/bone hammer path later on (Onslaught/Diablos) will be useful in most occasions if you're not after any tails. Works well on Carapaceons (or whatever the crab you spell it.)

Once the Volcano's available start mining...ALOT. If you're lucky you'll get a small ancient stone for Eternal Schism to use to solo Lao Shan Lung

That's the starter stuff.

As for starter armor to...whatever armor...

If you're starting:
MafuMofu - Giaprey - Kutku - Blue Kutku/Ceanataur/Garuga - Rathalos - Upper rank Kutku/Kirin - Upper rank blue kutku - Upper Rathalos - Silver Rathalos/Whatever the heck you want

If you're crazy...or you lost your old file then had to start from scratch *cries* :
Naked - Kutku - Garuga - Rathalos - Tigrex - Upper Rathalos - Silver rathalos - whatever you want

....Just talking about it makes me wanna go back to my game...

Lookie what I found...
http://endling.deviantart.com/art/Monste...craps&qo=0

thanks a bunch. ive been scratching my head wondering which armor i should save mats for. currently using bone katana coz i havent mined for the iron katana yet.
Me and RF are replaying Unite from scratch (can't seem to import) we're hunting Kut-ku atm with the default stuff XD
yay iron katana. now to look for earth crystals for improving it.
Does anyone have an extra MH3rd demo code they're willing to give? Both me and RF can't access Infrastructure mode in order to sign up for codes ._.

EDIT:
Nvm, found something
Tried the demo.

The Felyne Comrades are more useful now compared to Unite/2G <_<

I was expecting Royal Ludroth to be harder and Ice Barroth to be...Hammer-able ;__;

Can't wait for the full game to hunt(and wear) the Jinouga Big grin

[Image: Jinouga-Raged.jpg]
I really like the felyne partner with the flute as that one uses a boomerang thingie XD

dear plesioth,

FUCK YOU AND YOUR MONSTER DESIGNER. WHEN I FIND THE TWO OF YOU I WILL GUT YOU LIKE A FISH, HANG YOU FROM YOUR INTESTINES AND SHOVE A SOLDERING IRONs UP YOUR ASSES.

much hate,
zero

/nerdrage

spent two hours and almost had my psp ran out of batteries on me (not a good situation coz rebooting chickHEN is a chore >< ) just trying and retrying to kill this bastard. still haven't killed it but will try again tomorrow with a hunting horn (MHNoodles vid showed him using HH). hammer is just too damn slow for the very small openings for attack. anyone else have tips on how to down this fishie? if the HH fails im thinking of using the bow.

edit: so much rage, so little grammar ~.~U
Ahh, Plesioth. Brings back bitter memories. XD

I use LS to kill (most) monsters in MH. Here's my strategy for plesioth with LS:

Use lightning element weapons.

have a stock of sonic bombs to blast it out of the water. (combine gunpowder+screamer = sonic bomb)

If possible, fish him out of the water. you'll get in a few nice hits while it's thrashing about. Best to aim for the spot near its stomach (weak spot)

When it's walking in place, try to anticipate whether it'll do the water cannon attack or its body slam. (For low rank Plesioth. Upper rank has a few different moves)

Body slam:

If you have your weapon sheathed, just run away and dive for cover. if you have your weapon unsheathed, roll to its right side (under its head not under its body) you can get damaged by the legs, body or tail when it does a body slam.

Water cannon:

Try to stick to its (Plesioth's) right side. Just before it does the water cannon attack, you run up to its NECK and hit it with:
Unsheathe triangle, triangle, Triangle+circle (hits the side of its face), re-sheath weapon

OR

Unsheathe Triangle, R, R, Triangle+Circle (if you have a fully charged meter)

By the time you do the re-sheath, it'll be doing its "walking in place" thingy again. set it up for the water cannon attack and repeat.

If you want to approach from the left, I suggest Unsheathe Triangle, triangle, R, roll left/forward, re-sheathe, run. (Triangle+circle from the left side just goes under plessy's head after the first two hits)

Alternate: When it does the water cannon attack, run between its legs and aim for its stomach with unsheathe triangle, triangle, roll forward, re-sheathe, run like hell past its tail. it's a lot more fun than the other tactic, but more dangerous.

Alternately, when it does the water cannon thingy, try to aim for its right leg and do the same combo. After several hits, you'll make it either stagger or fall to its side. wail away when it does either. XD

Make sure to take a good look at its back fin every now and then. when it folds down, it means it's taken a beating and is ready for capture. ^___^ If so, wait for it to water cannon, run between its legs and set a shock trap (trap master not necessary) then tranq it twice. Xp
[Image: Sig07.png]

"I love chocolate-covered Sophie." A. Nina
Normal strategy:
I use GS against it (and everything else for that matter). You can land a level 3 charge by positioning yourself at certain spots such as right in front of the back foot, slash releases automatically as it steps back after spraying, or to the left/front area of the front foot (same concept). With a GS you can block the body slam with invisible hit detection frames, though I prefer to roll through them. It's possible if you roll towards the plessy as soon as it starts the charge. When it's doing the spinning tail thing, just stay in the middle of its legs and wail away with the infinite combo (the GS has one).

Easy mode strategy:
Lightning bow w/ scatter shot

I get why it's frustrating though. I remember having a hard time too with it in the past. My personal "most annoying monster list" for new players (in no particular order) is: Diablos, Khezu, Plesioth, Teo/Lunastra
was using hammer and its just too freaking slow. i can manage a few hits in on the leg, im totally screwed when it does the hip check/body slam. i'll try again with hunting horn or the long sword (only got a raw one tho), maybe the bow. if i still cant defeat it, i'll have to skip it since its not a mandatory quest right?

@Sforza's annoying monster list
havent fought Diablos and Teo, but i didnt have much trouble with Khezu.
go for the gs so you can block its hip check or use a bow with either piercing (if your brain dead like me who likes to stand in FRONT of a plesioth) or scatter and bring bombs , para, and sleep shots! remember to destroy the fin as saving up plesioth fins is a must for most of the weapons you craft from him!

piss ass hard monsters for me would the teo and rajang, single horned diablos, and the lao shan lung (because its a chore to get a divine plate from the bastard) XD

hmm.. i dont have GS yet. guess its time to dabble in it XD. thanks for all the replies. will see how it goes when my shift ends
oh yeah be reminded that when using sonic bombs to fish out the plesioth it will be in rage mode ... well nobody likes people shouting near their ears right?

I prefer to fish it out with a frog the first time and the succeeding times I wait for it to jump out of the water by itself but do beware of its lunging attack as that for some strange reason it makes you sleepy but I think its much better as even if you get knocked out by the lunge the plesioth would probably be to far away to hit you even with the water cannon and hopefully your cat companion is not KOed so he/she can wake you up.

also my younger brother normally hunts plesioths using a sword and shield and from the looks of it its a nice flexible alternative to using a gs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need help converting (MHF2 to MHP2G) cheezyfries 1 4,509 09-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Black Dragon