Current time: 06-15-2024, 08:58 AM
How fast is your connection?
Dude you're back. That's some nasty dl/ul speed. The latency's even worse. LOL
I think it depends on the location. Since there's no option for Taguig, i tested on the two municipalities closest to me.

[Image: 626967633.png]

[Image: 626969936.png]

[Image: 3805371.png]

Welcome back, cabs!
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
Nice to be back guys Happy
Ninja Ninja 
Welcome back! ..to annoyingISPland!

I've noticed that there are some connectivity issues again with PLDT recently I suppose. Anyone else having problems?
I don't even have internet at home so I guess all of you are better off Tongue
(11-20-2009, 12:13 PM)Shintetsu Wrote: I've noticed that there are some connectivity issues again with PLDT recently I suppose. Anyone else having problems?

This is the constant problem I have with PLDT, and actually with ISPs in the country in general. You're always in a guessing game if it's just you, your modem, your router, your computer - or - your area, their service, the entire country. Etc etc.

Bleh. I'd rather have no internet but be sure that my ISP is the one that has the problem.
well.. one thing I heard about pldt is that they are constantly change IP address or.. something like that..
that is why whenever I use routers.. I need to reset it just to get back online.. >.<

which is better.. globe tattoo or smart bro?

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
(11-20-2009, 03:00 PM)azuriel07 Wrote: well.. one thing I heard about pldt is that they are constantly change IP address or.. something like that..
that is why whenever I use routers.. I need to reset it just to get back online.. >.<

which is better.. globe tattoo or smart bro?

Globe for speed and 3G coverage in densely populated areas, SmartBro for coverage in out of the way areas. Depends on which one you'd like to prioritize
What if a place that has 10mbps has lag issues? Me and my friends went promo-overnight recently, we hated the latency so much we played Serious Sam 2 'til sunrise insead of HoN.

Seeing how well the cafe's setup is, I'm pretty sure that it's the ISP. Again. But I won't rant anymore, I can't do anything about it anyway =/

What Jake said was true too. I've been using a SmartBro connection whenever I'm at Cabanatuan, and it's all good. It sucks when you're in a congested area though. Think of your city as one big internet cafe. When everyone else is spamming Facebook windows, watching videos and downloading stuff, then you'll feel the bandwidth slipping away.

Sun broadband seems to be the exception for this rule. It's horrible. Parang laging peak hour speeds. But it could be a good choice if you want unlimited internet everywhere in the metro(Luzon?)
just finished playing the most laggy online game for the week..

the results were fine..

[Image: 7839675.png]

[Image: 682386516.png]

but the game I'm playing is still laggy.. the fps were fine (fps=19-22).. and I already adjusted the graphics to normal/low..

I checked my ping using the command prompt.. and.. I saw these:

[Image: ping.jpg]

is someone tapping on my net..? or it's just traffic thingy? =_=

The nearer you go towards the light...
The greater your shadow becomes...

[Image: rational.jpg]
[Image: exteel.png]
Rock on Question!

Paano ba billing ng sun? And how fast is it? Really?
'Signatures are overrated.'
Sun broadband wireless? Postpaid monthly bill. Pag coupled sa plan 350 nila, as long as puro Sun lang yung kausap/katext mo, 999/month lang with unlimited internet.

That's what we have now, but I'm not sure kung up pa yung promo. NEVER GET THE LITTLE USB MODEM THING. YOU WILL HAVE TO LOAD IT LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE, mmkay?

Or you could just request that unit as your modem. Either way, kung sa bahay ka lang, mag line ka na lang ng PLDT. Wala pa nga pala access sa labas ng Metro for wireless internet Tongue
(01-17-2010, 08:35 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: Sun broadband wireless? Postpaid monthly bill. Pag coupled sa plan 350 nila, as long as puro Sun lang yung kausap/katext mo, 999/month lang with unlimited internet.

That's what we have now, but I'm not sure kung up pa yung promo. NEVER GET THE LITTLE USB MODEM THING. YOU WILL HAVE TO LOAD IT LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE, mmkay?

Or you could just request that unit as your modem. Either way, kung sa bahay ka lang, mag line ka na lang ng PLDT. Wala pa nga pala access sa labas ng Metro for wireless internet Tongue

I haddput PLDT into account, It's good, but I'll be doing fieldwork possibly in a few months. And you know me Shin, compact and portable always worked for me.

So where do I get it?

Globe sucks. 60 per hour -ahem- ampota! And yes, it's that luttle -intentional- USB THINGIE!!!
'Signatures are overrated.'
[Image: 691569421.png]

I think i'm gonna love working here. Big grin
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy their fate find glory."
(01-23-2010, 09:25 AM)Fox Wrote: I think i'm gonna love working here. Big grin

Is this the new connection thing you guys are testing? Or is this an office connection?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PLDT offers first fiber optic connection to home users Sforza 5 9,050 11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu