Current time: 05-23-2024, 10:21 AM
What did you learn today?
(11-12-2012, 08:05 AM)zero_kanipan Wrote:
(11-11-2012, 08:58 PM)clonezero Wrote:
(11-11-2012, 03:44 PM)HayWire Wrote: The other day I got to disassemble and reassemble an M-16.
Fairly simple enough.

WTF Why didnt my batch get to do this during my time in rotc? D:

we had this during CAT. really fun coz as a medic i didnt have to march and spent the time competing against the officers. fastest disassemble time i got was around 26 seconds ^^

for ROTC, the normal cadets went on to live firing (tho for their batch it was cancelled coz of a storm if i recall correct). for those of us who were under the police training we went through an improvised swat/moving firing range kind of thing with airsoft rifles \o/

I think only the Shore Patrol and the COCCs get to learn how LOL
[Image: 142183_zps37998c8a.gif]
Racial slurs like Sand Monkey, Cracker, among others.

Laughed so hard when it became clear why someone was being called "sandman" back in Sweden.
idgaf = i dont give a fuck

coffee releases my inhibitions better than booze does XD
Previously being immune to caffeine, it now just destroys me when I drink a Pepsi, good thing I'm not a coffee man.
[Image: 213920.gif?v=1]
"It's snowing women." -Tsukika.
There are two things that I will always laugh at: "Yuno F***ing Gasai" and something else.
[Image: 35572.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_le3i6992qO1qe91wdo1_250.gif]
DARN IT.
TT sweet and sad at the same time TT
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

This gentleman fellow right here: (°ᴗƪ)
Gaige, the Mechromancer in Borderlands 2, will break the 4th wall if she has enough Anarchy stacks. LOL
one of the requirements to be an INC pastor is to have a wife. to fulfill this requirement the candidate is allowed to request any single girl to be wed to him. even if said girl already has a boyfriend, or fiance. it's not clear if the girl can actually refuse, but it seems it's considered a taboo to do so. additionally, once wed, the wife is not allowed to work(wasn't able to verify what is considered "work").

there was an actual Sugar Rush game. a side-scroller type mmo. it was cancelled however.
(11-23-2012, 05:25 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: one of the requirements to be an INC pastor is to have a wife. to fulfill this requirement the candidate is allowed to request any single girl to be wed to him. even if said girl already has a boyfriend, or fiance. it's not clear if the girl can actually refuse, but it seems it's considered a taboo to do so. additionally, once wed, the wife is not allowed to work(wasn't able to verify what is considered "work").

there was an actual Sugar Rush game. a side-scroller type mmo. it was cancelled however.

INC as in Iglesia ni Cristo? ok ... Wtf

Uh, I'm INC (Iglesia ni Cristo), and I don't think we have a policy like that, unless you're also INC and I just don't know how the becoming a pastor works :/ My dad was the head deacon before though, I dunno if that works differently to pastors but my mother's been working since they got married, and still does until today.

Also friendship, an org that is driven by animu and geekery is pretty damn fun to be a part of o3o
(11-23-2012, 06:03 PM)Zefyr Wrote: Uh, I'm INC (Iglesia ni Cristo), and I don't think we have a policy like that, unless you're also INC and I just don't know how the becoming a pastor works :/ My dad was the head deacon before though, I dunno if that works differently to pastors but my mother's been working since they got married, and still does until today.

Also friendship, an org that is driven by animu and geekery is pretty damn fun to be a part of o3o

Thanks for that, I was confused by what zero said mainly because I have relatives who are INC and I never heard any of that sort from them. Though of course I never asked them in detail about their religion in the first place.

Yep, confirmed it with my parents. The pastor getting married is just the same as any other normal person. They can be set up, but if the girl doesn't want, she doesn't have to. Also, whoever told you it's taboo to refuse is spouting BS. If the girl has a fiance or a boyfriend they're not even an option. I think usually the ones who become pastors are already married anyway. Also, the only right thing in that is that the wife usually really doesn't work, because being a pastor is like working at an office and the wife helps with all the paperwork to my understanding. Even when my dad was head deacon (different from pastor) he was swamped with paperwork, though my mom had her own job outside work as well as her own 'tungkulin' within the church.

Just want to set things straight. I don't like talking about religion, but when someone has some skewed view of another, especially if its my own, I feel I'm obligated to defend it :/
(11-23-2012, 09:30 PM)clonezero Wrote:
(11-23-2012, 06:03 PM)Zefyr Wrote: Uh, I'm INC (Iglesia ni Cristo), and I don't think we have a policy like that, unless you're also INC and I just don't know how the becoming a pastor works :/ My dad was the head deacon before though, I dunno if that works differently to pastors but my mother's been working since they got married, and still does until today.

Thanks for that, I was confused by what zero said mainly because I have relatives who are INC and I never heard any of that sort from them. Though of course I never asked them in detail about their religion in the first place.

got the info from a friend who is in the INC and is applying to be a pastor. he told me about the application process since he took a day off from work to process his. the way he told me about it tho had a hush-hush kind of feel to it. while he didn't tell me it's a secret, i figure it's not something they tell everyone. the exact terms he used was "hiling" or "hilingin yung girl". as for the working after marriage part, even he is unsure about it.
^Refer to previous post.

I think by 'hilingin' he would be asking the family about it, and if the two of them were already together beforehand, then it wouldn't really be stealing from someone who was already in a relationship. Even if they weren't together and the guy still asks, the girl can refuse.

I don't really think it's a hush-hush deal, it's a pretty nice thing actually if you want to become a pastor. Also, the term my parents used was 'usually' the woman doesn't work. I don't know if that means she could if she wanted, but yeah.

I think I was just reacting to the 'it's considered taboo to refuse'. We're a decent folk. We don't do arranged marriages anymore Tongue