The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Armored Core V News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Snow pic reminds me of the place where you're supposed to destroy these jammers I think that Orca set up. And yeah the first pic looks like AC4 XD

Still, the time draws closer.

The time for orgasmic mecha-piloting nears.

Yes please.

They should put like, I dunno, RPGish elements? *cough* love interest maybe *cough* But that's just me. I WANT TO BE IMMERSED IN THE STORYYYY~
awesome XD i wonder how blades work now hehehehehe
Nabeshima speaks english.

He didn't speak in English!
Looks like we are going to face full-sized FINGER machineguns with our wanzer-sized rigs this time. Still the giant AC appears smaller than the pre-AC4 stuff that we are used to piloting (<20 metres, could be the matter of perspective though).
Anyone have any more info on the rocketmen? (the pilot ejecting with ridiculous looking jetpacks when the AC gets destroyed).

[Image: Tngachoun.jpg]
Wow I didn't notice that at all. Where'd you see that, JE?
(09-21-2011, 07:52 AM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have any more info on the rocketmen? (the pilot ejecting with ridiculous looking jetpacks when the AC gets destroyed).

[Image: Tngachoun.jpg]

That completely threw me for a loop. It went against established universe "lore" that when your ac got taken out- that was it man, you were trapped in a giant metal coffin for the most part. To suddenly pop out with a jump pack and a pistol seems ridiculous.

I seriously love everything else about this game I've seen- especially the wanzer-esque mech designs, but that rocketman drives me bonkersNo no
they should at least change the design it just looks like the pilot strapped two missiles to his backpack...
It reeks of chromehounds. Never played it but I've seen those little men before.

Quote:Concern over balance notwithstanding, pilots can eject from their destroyed mechs and wander around the map armed only with a light machine gun. "Damage for the machinegun is actually calculated, but if the target is a Hound, this damage always works out to zero," Nabeshima laughed. "Of course, this weapon is effective at defeating infantry."

The ability to wander around on foot is more than just a gimmick, Nabeshima said. "We put this feature in because we didn't want players to experience dead time until the end of the battle if their Hound is destroyed. We originally thought of letting the player float freely around the field in a sort of spectator mode, but that would have the unintended benefit of allowing him/her to search for the enemy's base with impunity."
awww they look adorable XD

hmmm anyways if you guys get the chance to test the blades especially the moon light tell me how its like

i do miss ob blading
(09-26-2011, 12:17 AM)RoninFang Wrote: [ -> ]awww they look adorable XD

hmmm anyways if you guys get the chance to test the blades especially the moon light tell me how its like

i do miss ob blading

http://armoredcoreuniverse.net/forum/ind...st&p=38116

Niji Wrote:The pocket/starter blade in ACV nearly 1hkos anything under 30,000 AP and is 24 meters long compared to the 1.5 - 2 meter length of your AC. The blades are long enough to go entirely through buildings and hit someone on the other side and they all seem to have a really large sweep arc.

Moonlight looks absolutely devastating. You know it's gonna have a lot more damage potential than that silly pocket blade and it's never been known as a short weapon either. I won't be surprised if it can 1hko everything besides super heavies and tanks. I have no idea what they're thinking. Maybe you can't hangar it, though. That would be ok. I don't want a 15,000 TE @ 25 meters long blade in the game on easy access, though. That would shatter a lot of stuff.
i think both the Karasawa and the MOONLIGHT look awesome, albeit the latter looking way more "unique" than previous incarnations.

blades don't need to be that powerful, now...
"Karasawa" is a nice gun though i don't use energy weapons kinda need the energy for ob/boosting to get close

"blades don't need to be that powerful" XD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35