The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Armored Core V News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
just please... don't make this game gundam-ish Ermm

make reasonable realism Domo

Armored Core is the one of the mecha games on earth that doesn't look like toys...the models and the physics here are great (count to that, AC1, 2, 3 Salute)

I just hope AC5 will deliver us a ala "Gran Turismo" feel...

The Real Mech Simulator LOL

=^.^=
@ moonlight-san yes, I really hope this goes that way. but so far, I have not seen any speck of stuff in 4 and fa so its looking up. also, the units themselves dont look as sleek anymore. they're closer to the crest-ish industrial look that i so love.
The oversized weapons means more bad-ass mechs, tanks will look like tanks and AC more like real weapons.
I want to see the finished result.
I've uploaded nice, hi-res versions of the Dengeki and Famitsu screenshots over at the AC5 album in the gallery.
um... 5 meters is 16.4041 feet right guys?

my height is 5'7" in feet which means in meters its 1.524 meters

so 5 meters divided by 1.524 meters is...

3.28 (rounded it of) Shock

it's only roughly more than 3 times of my height Chair

AC's in AC5 are this small... hoping that From will formulate some realistic elements in this new AC format, due to its decreased size... get it? how it get its power, the weapon system, the heat (ah yes, bring it back baby!) etc. and... don't forget the overboost Ninja , just dump the quick boost Vomit and the exceed orbits.

=^.^=
Yeah the new ACs are basically just power suits. But anyway, I'm still really hopeful. Happy It's not the size but the gameplay that matters.
(01-17-2010, 01:39 AM)Moonlight_Raven Wrote: [ -> ]and even hiding from shadows, grr... an AC's radar can pick-up signals of an opponent. what are they trying to say, backward technology? Wtf unless they're saying that they will abolish the radar function in the game.

I'm thinking along the lines of all frame parts having stealth stats, and the higher they are, the higher powered radar/head you'll need to see them.
Quote:Yeah the new ACs are basically just power suits. But anyway, I'm still really hopeful. It's not the size but the gameplay that matters.

so they are basically Muscle Tracer suits. which would make some sense if this is from an earlier era like some of the rumors say.
I still don't think they're MTs, per se. Maybe in size. Remember that the difference between MTs and ACs is that ACs are customizable and piloted from a self-contained "Core" while MTs aren't (edit: they're manufactured as a single unit). Again, just being nitpicky about the nomenclature, but if it's MTs we'll be using, they shouldn't call this "Armored Core" 5. LOL
From says AC5 is the "Beginning"...

so it's possible that they are... AC's from before the Great Destruction LOL . remember many technologies were lost after this happened Happy

sounds good if this idea is true...

=^.^=
lol remember the people who thought ACFA was the prequel to AC1...
actually NIX i can think of a few different MT's from LR for example that seemed to have modular parts. Like the different types of OWLS.

they were called Cored MT's in the beginning.
[Image: wisc00.png]

The new AC's might have something of this proportion

From left to right
Ore Sniffer - 6x6 Apc - Heavy Power Armor (appr. 4.5 - 5 meters) - Medium Power Armor (4.5 meters) - Gunner (below MPA) - Abrams Main Battle Tank
someone's very happy to play war inc. LOL

anyways if this is a prequel then I think its okay to give it leeway ... waaah and know I really need to find money to buy it XD wait it would be release on both the xbox and ps right?
This is getting to be a bit off-topic but there are mecha that are below five meters and are still considered as such, instead of being classified as powered armor.

[Image: Guren02.jpg]

Case in point, the Guren Type-02 Knightmare Frame from Code Geass. stands at 4.51 meters and packs enough firepower to literally melt most Brittanian Knightmares stupid enough to get in Kallen's way. Most Knightmare Frames are in the same size-range and are still classified as mechs since the cockpits are situated in the rear part of the torso and take up most of the available space there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35