The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Armored Core V News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
http://asia.gamespot.com/xbox360/sim/arm...ot;thumb;4

Well, they got an interview up at gamespot.

Stuff I got:
1. Fully online (singleplayer / multiplayer)
2. They're at the 500 part count (for now).
3. Multi-platform (XBOX / PS3)
3. You can use Wanzers now.

some asshole has posted ....
Quote:dont bring this back... a good robot mech game to bring back is zone of the enders..

lol
when? 2012? nooooo

See ya there!!!!
(02-03-2011, 11:46 PM)medusa0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2011, 11:12 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]Something what I had in mind too, but from what I know it's just another reboot from any of the series. It certainly looked like some sort of UL core when the back portion was revealed though, or it could be just another of those 'AC delusions'. LOL

I don't think you are seeing things... just look at screenshot 8, that gun looks exactly like the WYVERN energy shotgun. Blink Also I think that UL core is in screenshot 20 and 21.

Now that you've mentioned it, it might be some AC3-LR parts when you get that code for purchasing ACLRP. LOL
I originally thought it was something like Stinger from Project Phantasma. But I could've gotten the proportions wrong.
I was actually thinking it looks a bit like the fascinator. Man I really hope this game is really tied to the AC3 era.
HELL, IT'S ABOUT TIME
DEAR GOD YES @w@
More details on Armored Core 5 guys.

From the sound of the Famitsu interview, the reason they pushed back the launch date was due to a major overhaul of the game. Said changes include a more intuitive multiplayer system that, from what I gather, sounds like an AC take on Demon Souls' online mode.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02..._5_return/

Quote:The basic framework of creating your own mech and taking on missions remains unchanged, but the game is now team based. Players form teams consisting of a fixed set of members. You take on missions exclusively with players pulled from this team.

Missions are played with up to five members from your team. Of the five, only four drop down to the battle field. The fifth player stays back as an operator, giving guidance to the team. The operator has a special screen which seems to show more detail about the battle.

You're always able to communicate with your members, even those who aren't with you on the battle field. If you're in a play session and another team member logs in, you can voice chat, and perhaps decide what the next mission will be.

The overall goal for your team is to steal territory from other teams by invading their territory. Screenshots in Famitsu show a "conquest" map, with territory split between multiple factions, each with unique insignia.

You'll also have to defend your territory from invasion, of course. This includes planning for times when you're not logged in. You can set up canons and other defenses on your territory, and the game will automatically defend if enemies should attack when you're not around. Planning your defenses is a strategic process, something that Nabeshima feels means you'll want to fill your team not just with action pros, but with people who are good with strategy as well.
Defend your territory, even when you're not logged-in? That's tough, especially for 'casual' gamers.

It's beginning to sound like an MMO.
Mecha MMO? I actually think that'd do wonders for AC's 'campaign'. Big grin
i cant wait for geohotz to crack this one open so i can own with human plus online!!!!!!
Excuse me while I go to the hospital for a blood transfusion.

----

Okay I'm back. I think the mecha MMO thing would be a nice little add-on, although I myself would rather play solo most of the time. However, the game looks like it's shaping up to meet expectations, so no matter what, I will be purchasing this piece of epicicity.
See the new trailer yet?
RR team, anyone? Big grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35