Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:23 PM
Godzilla Attacks!
Well, not exactly a tournament. It's more of a game type.

Wacky Armored Core game show presents:
"SOS Earth: Godzilla attacks! Earth Defense Force (EDF) must respond!"

I just used "Godzilla" as a term to describe an ultra tuned AC basically.

Format: Battle Royal 10-15 minutes

Rules for Godzilla player:

*No design restrictions
*Can use ANY parts in the garage (I'm thinking of allowing ECMs for this game type, just for Godzilla)
*Can have access to ALL option parts
*CAN choose any starting level
*Cannot view EDF ACs
*Must play with earphones on in order not to hear the tactics of EDF players.

EDF player rules:

*Must have 3 players in the team (Now there's another use for that AC factions thingamajig)
*Players get to see Godzilla's AC and map of choice when the time starts.
*EDF players DO NOT have access to tuning parts.
*EDF players DO NOT have access to option parts.
*EDF players have access to a very limited part selection leaning towards the effectiveness of default ACs (Parts included still being decided on)
*EDF ACs must have the same color scheme (optional)
*EDF players must destroy Godzilla within 10-15 minutes. This includes the time spent on designing ACs, deliberating on tactics to be used against Godzilla, and the actual fight against the Godzilla AC unit.
*EDF players can coordinate with each other during combat, allowing for adjustment of tactics.

Winning conditions:

-If Godzilla's AP reaches "0" within the time limit then Godzilla is killed. EDF players win
-If Godzilla goes out of the map area, it is considered that the EDF have successfully driven Godzilla out of the city. EDF players win.

-If all EDF players' AP reaches "0", Godzilla wins.
-If EDF players fail to terminate Godzilla or bring him out of bounds within the time limit, the city is destroyed. Godzilla wins.

Scenario:

Godzilla looks for a city to destroy/look for food/build a nest/etc, while in the process destroying most of the city. The EDF sees the threat and scans Godzilla for any weak points. The EDF them must respond by eliminating the Godzilla threat, or drive him out of the city within 10 minutes, including the time it takes to equip the necessary weapons (can be arranged) in order to avert the total destruction of the metropolis. If the EDF can drive Godzilla out, or destroy him, they have successfully saved the city. If Godzilla can survive the 10 minutes or destroy all city defenders, it is assumed that Godzilla has destroyed the city.

The point of the game is to mimic a disaster response scenario, where EDF players must respond to an emergency situation within a limited amount of time and resources under their disposal. This will test a team's designing skills, to be able to construct effective ACs with limited parts within a limited amount of time. This will also test a team's coordination on the battlefield and further promote team building. EDF players must also be careful to avoid friendly fire and pick their shots aimed only at Godzilla.

On the other hand, the Godzilla player has the initiative of choosing a method of attack (AC design) and a city to destroy (map). However, he has no control over what the EDF forces are planning, therefore a Godzilla player must be able to adapt to anything that the EDF can throw upon him.

Basically these are rules I just thought up to formalize the Godzilla game, and to add a bit of flavor and a greater sense of working as a team in the game. I mean, I get in character as Godzilla whenever I play by shouting "Atomic Breath" whenever I'm about to fire the GERYON (C'mon guys, you saw me LOL ). Going beyond, I'm thinking of having this as a side-tourney type of game like "Which team can save the city the fastest ".

Oh, and just to see what can happen, here's what the current Godzilla game type looks like: <a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXi5dfdMLZU' target='_blank'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXi5dfdMLZU</a>

I'll work out a parts list for the EDF soon. Maybe you guys can start thinking of your Godzilla designs? Tongue EDF ACs won't really stray far from the default ACs IMO, (Though I'm thinking of allowing some back cannons on them, as they have to kneel in order to fire them anyway, making them very vulnerable)
Interesting...
The whole game actully tests how good the offending -goszilla- player is and how good the defending team's teamwork is...
Very cool.

Discuss up to which parts are limited?
Ehehe...

I think we should do this to the Battle City Mode as well...
'Signatures are overrated.'
LOL sounds good. But it'll be hard to decide on what parts will be usable for EDF. Tongue
Let me see, we could start with the standard AC parts.
I mean Mirage and Crest has their own sets of standard parts right?
'Signatures are overrated.'
How about setting up a speed/boost limit to the Godzilla player?
I don't think the Godzilla AC should be limited in any way.
no limits should be imposed on the godzilla player... .... I suddenly remembered my trauma ... Im not blading godzilla again T_T

we should focus on the 3 EDF players ... limiting them should be top priority but we should give them something to fight with... maybe we can let them have one item of the pilots choice along with the basic setup...
whargarrblwhargarrblwhargarrbl!

d nga lang effective ung ac ko as a godzilla
if you know yourself and your enemy you will never fear the results of a hundred battles if you know yourself but not the enemy for every victory you will suffer a defeat if you dont know yourself neither your enemy you will lose at every battle.<br />sun tzu, the art of war
Very interesting...

Unfortunately, the Godzilla player will be at a disadvantage if he comes in a tank...

3 mids + 1 tank = EDF wins (unless the tank is fast)

Makes you wish there were spread weapons in AC...

Besides the machineguns, chainguns, shotguns, and slug guns, that is...

Godzilla could come with flamethrowers, though...

Preferably as a lightweight.
Jade: Ah, the scent of love is in the air.
Luke & Tear: Love?!
Mieu: I don't smell anything. What's it smell like? Apple gels?
Jade: More like a certain young religious leader.

-from a ToA skit... (related to current avvie...just read the skit yourself and you'll get it)
As a rule of thumb, I'd keep the selection simple with 3 choices for each frame part consisting of a light, mid, and heavy parts. However, I'm limiting the leg selection to bipeds only at the moment. I'm adding 3 FCS' consisting of long, mid and short lock on ranges. Internal parts simply consist of the starter booster, generator, and radiators. Weapons are probably the hardest to balance.

I'm including most of the back cannons as their kneeling penalty is enough of a risk IMO given the frames. On the other hand, I'm thinking of limiting the missile selections.

I'm including at the very least, one of each weapon type for the Right arm and back mounts. I am however, limiting the left arm to blades or shields only. At the moment, I'm creating a save game using the repository feature to limit the amount of usable parts. I'll have the list soon enough though.
another versatile but still limiting factor could be giving each edf pilot a "budget" as so he can pick any allowed part but only of the budget calls for it ... and also in correspondence to this we should also give the basic parts a price ... generally you have to buy an ac from scratch.

Sounds good.

Ganito: Ano ba ang total value ng default AC? Pwedeng yun ang price ceiling natin.

Although we'll need one file na lahat ng parts, binenta na.
I just checked my file. It looks like the default parts have no price at all. Not even displayed in the AC performance unlike the previous titles.

How about going for 300,000c? That's the starting money in ACLR. Unless you guys want to modify the price ceiling into something probably lower... like 150,000c?
thats the thing you can't sell the initial parts I suggest giving a price for each basic part ... I leave that to the more economically inclined people here...

Rick chose some allowable parts for the default ACs. I agree with his choices and suggested a few additions. We also found that the "Godzilla" AC doesn't necessarily need to be a tank to be successful.

Based on our games a while ago, a veteran pilot using a fully loaded AC definitely has the advantage over three barely upgraded AC (the record was something like 20+ wins for Godzilla (me and rick) and around 2 wins for EDF).

Well we'll have to see. I want to see other players as "Godzilla" first before making any conclusions.