Current time: 03-28-2024, 09:42 PM
LR: PACT 3 Rules
Personally, mas gusto ko yung switch AC every round for both players. Just checking for everyone else's opinion.

Here's a proposal for a new rule: For the first round of a match, the players may opt to use any AC in their respective garages. ACs that have already been used in a certain round of a particular match may no longer be used in the succeeding rounds of that match. (not really a new rule but merely a formalization of the idea)

One thing though: Paano yung cycling ng ACs in the event of a 5-round final match?

Shall it be this way?
(example)
round 1: ac1
round 2: ac2
round 3: ac3
round 4: any AC
round 5: either of the ACs not used in round 4

klaro ba?
Agreed. Since the regular matches consist of three rounds, and the finals consist of five, this should make sure that all of the ACs that a player brings to the tourney will be used.
(paki bura nalang yung mga extra posts ko or something)

Alright I just finished editing the 1st post of this thread. I've formalized most of the rules and I think I've gotten everything covered. If I left something out or if something is unclear, please inform me. Enjoy!
Pahabol!

1. No repeating the same map twice per match (Rick's idea).
2. Semi-finals will be best out of 5 too, like the finals.

What do you think?
Hahah no problem with me.
I wouldn't mind. Tongue
"Numbers are not part of the real world; they're part of something else."

-Prof. Rolly Panopio, UPLB Math Division
PROPOSAL ONE:

aggregate: a sum, mass, or assemblage of particulars; a total or gross amount

Matches will be decided by AP difference of the winner over the loser at the end of the match, and scores added at the end of each succeeding match. For example:

Match 1 result:
Jesus Yamato's AP left = 2300
Char's AP left = 0 (blew up)

Match 2 result:
Jesus Yamato's AP left = 1000
Char's AP left = 6000 (did hit and run tactics w/ hover)

Match 3 result:
Jesus Yamato's AP left = 1700
Char's AP left = 0 (blew up)

*Char wins!!!*
Why? Because 6000 - 1000 > 1700 + 2300, in other words the total AP difference Char gained was larger than Jesus Yamato's.

I think this is a better system because it takes into account total performance of all units. It works even better now that we have the 3 leg type rule in place. It also prevents freak accidents, like one mistake deciding the outcome of the match and thus who advances.

What do you think? It isn't hard to implement. All we need is someone who can add/subtract more than 4 digits.

PROPOSAL TWO:

Maps are decided at random, by picking numbered popsicle sticks, or specific playing cards with corresponding maps. I don't think it's right that a coin toss should decide the outcome of a match between two evenly skilled players. This is because one player will always choose maps advantageous to him/herself twice.
I like the idea of tallying AP results. Its like a new alternative scoring system for AC, which accurately represents the skill consistency of each player without truly deviating from standard gaming regulations and procedures. This also punishes overly defensive players who win by slight AP leads through time-outs (in the process, just hide behind obstacles in order to win) and rewards risk taking players through severely damaging opponents, granting the latter more points for to win. In addition, under this format we can fully implement it with our new 3 ACs rule without omitting the 3rd AC in the event a certain opponent wins twice in a row, ensuring the ALL ACs will be used and all have equal opportunities to win.

We could give it a try first and see how it works out.
Worship
Sounds good to me. One is okay with me but I particularly like the random map selection because that does seem more fair.

Do we implement this on PACT 3.1 or only on future tourneys? I prefer that we implement it after 3.1 because 3.1 is pretty much a continuation of last Saturday anyway. But if everyone's okay with implementing this already, then that's fine with me too.
I move it to be implemented after 3.1. Para we have time to test it fully.
I like the scoring system.
If I have three thumbs, I'd raise them all.
'Signatures are overrated.'
In that case, we need to start planning a PACT 4. Tongue And we can probably add newer, more outrageous rules. Hahah
NiX Wrote:And we can probably add newer, more outrageous rules. Hahah

Like maybe importing players from Davao, or else the tournament won't start.
gawin na lng natin parang formula front yung mga AC line-ups

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PACT Regulations - ACV 1.01 NiX 51 64,741 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: NiX
  ACV PACT NiX 8 13,398 05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Last Post: farmboy28
  PACT VI NiX 295 322,813 02-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Shintetsu
  PACT Regulations for LR NiX 316 387,587 12-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Last Post: atdsutm
  PACT 6 NiX 36 46,733 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM